Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 846,791 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I vividly remember the T-1000 killing the dog and the smiling scene when I first saw T2 on TV as a kid, and was always really confused when they weren't on the video. Wasn't until DVD that I realised there was a longer alternate cut with that stuff in. Interesting that they clearly put the Special Edition on TV way back in the 90s, because back then (so far as I can remember) they only ever seemed to air the theatrical release of films on British TV.

For me, T2's a bit like Aliens - the pacing's much better in the theatrical cut, but personally I prefer the extended version and never really watch it any other way. In fact the same goes for basically all of Cameron's films, even Avatar.

Does kinda bug me through that some of the added CyberDyne stuff ruins the neat reference to the first film where the police dispatcher identifies Arnie as the guy who shot up the precinct in the first film. But it's a pretty minor quibble.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

THIS is the scene I watch the T2 SE for...

https://youtu.be/yeL0xdVTy_g

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The logistics behind the making of that scene are almost as impressive as the movie itself.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I feel like that one scene and actually showing the Skynet prototype were the only worthwhile additions.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

I felt seeing the T1000 was damaged by the liquid nitrogen was essential too. Not only does it finally show the audience  it's destructible, but it excuses more, at least to me, why it kept Sarah alive (call to John) versus immediately killing her and mimicking her.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

and the fact in the SE, it gives a clearer reason why John knows which Sarah is the real one

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yep!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Caught the back half of DOOM on the telly box the other night.

There's no denying it's both a naff adaptation of the source material and little more than a poor man's Aliens rip-off... but even so, I genuinely enjoy it for what it is. I really like the creature designs (even if they're basically nothing like the games) and the FPS section is still tons of fun (even if Hardcore Henry did it better). The dialogue's all over the place - some of it's ace, some of its cringe-worthy - but everyone's clearly having fun with it and the tone generally walks the line between silly and straight-faced in the right way.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 12, 2019, 08:17:08 PM

There's no denying it's both a naff adaptation of the source material and little more than a poor man's Aliens rip-off... but even so, I genuinely enjoy it for what it is. I really like the creature designs (even if they're basically nothing like the games) and the FPS section is still tons of fun (even if Hardcore Henry did it better). The dialogue's all over the place - some of it's ace, some of its cringe-worthy - but everyone's clearly having fun with it and the tone generally walks the line between silly and straight-faced in the right way.

My guilty pleasure. The fact I wasn't a big Doom player probably helps sway me too. Good fun. You seen the new VOD Doom: Annihilation? Low grade fun.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 12, 2019, 03:32:50 PM
I felt seeing the T1000 was damaged by the liquid nitrogen was essential too. Not only does it finally show the audience  it's destructible, but it excuses more, at least to me, why it kept Sarah alive (call to John) versus immediately killing her and mimicking her.

I knew there was a bit I was forgetting. I just always think of the Skynet prototype because I can't unsee the fact that Dyson sets off the explosion with a piece of it. Skynet kills Skynet. ;D

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 12, 2019, 08:17:08 PM

"Are you going to shoot me?" "Yeah, I was thinking about it." :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Dec 13, 2019, 12:26:19 AMYou seen the new VOD Doom: Annihilation? Low grade fun.

I have not. I've not heard good things tbh.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 13, 2019, 02:22:19 AMI just always think of the Skynet prototype because I can't unsee the fact that Dyson sets off the explosion with a piece of it. Skynet kills Skynet. ;D

That's always tickled me too.

Not to mention I had no f*cking clue what that thing he drops on the rigger was supposed to be until I saw the added scene of him smashing it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 13, 2019, 11:13:28 AM
Quote from: Prez on Dec 13, 2019, 12:26:19 AMYou seen the new VOD Doom: Annihilation? Low grade fun.

I have not. I've not heard good things tbh.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 13, 2019, 02:22:19 AMI just always think of the Skynet prototype because I can't unsee the fact that Dyson sets off the explosion with a piece of it. Skynet kills Skynet. ;D

That's always tickled me too.

Not to mention I had no f*cking clue what that thing he drops on the rigger was supposed to be until I saw the added scene of him smashing it.

Yeah it was always a bit of where the hell did that come from

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Darwin Awards

The segments based on cases documented on the Darwin site are pretty amusing, as are the Mythbusters cameo and the stretch where it randomly turns into a Metallica concert film. The actual main plot is pretty meh, though, and the running gag with the mockumentary thing doesn't work at all IMO.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Got done watching the Irishman earlier today. All around excellent film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mutiny on the Bounty (1962)

Not finished this yet, but Brando pretending to be British is goddamn hilarious. And I'm not convinced that him entering the movie in a fancy carriage, dressed like a fop, and with a hot woman on each arm wasn't his idea and not in the script. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed