Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 846,287 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
A good film, with some great sequences and tie ins to background stuff from earlier films. A couple of characters were wasted though

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Hereditary

This was an interesting one. Strange as all hell, but I'm glad I watched it.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

A quiet place

freakin enjoyed it! One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Huggs

Huggs

Just finished watching Munich. I Forgot how heavy that movie was. I need to watch a few minutes of something light to cleanse the palette, as it were.

Scorpio

Scorpio

X-Men The Last Stand - again, don't see the problems with this one, great end to the trilogy.  Joins some other underrated part 3s like Robocop 3, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Terminator 3, Alien 3, Batman Forever, Matrix Revolutions, Halloween 3 & Return of the Jedi.  These are all good movies.  Can you think of any other part 3s that are underrated? 

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

The Silence Of The Lambs (1991, Bluray version)

Simply the greatest movie ever made (IMO). If you have never watched it, stop reading this and watch it.

Infinity/10

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 18, 2018, 02:25:28 AM
The Silence Of The Lambs (1991, Bluray version)

Simply the greatest movie ever made (IMO). If you have never watched it, stop reading this and watch it.

Infinity/10

Ever seen Silence Of The Hams?  :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 18, 2018, 02:25:28 AMThe Silence Of The Lambs (1991, Bluray version)

Eh, I honestly prefer Manhunter, although I'll agree Lambs is far and away the best of the Hopkins films. After that they just went overboard with his hamming it up.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Black Panther
Still a great movie by this point Marvel really hit their stride with Villains

Transformers
The first in the Bay-Verse ones. actually forgot how good the series was right at the start. Seems Bumblebee is returning to this amount of heart in its soft reboot

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 18, 2018, 10:26:41 AM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 18, 2018, 02:25:28 AMThe Silence Of The Lambs (1991, Bluray version)

Eh, I honestly prefer Manhunter, although I'll agree Lambs is far and away the best of the Hopkins films. After that they just went overboard with his hamming it up.
Manhunter is extremely underrated, another great movie I haven't watched in awhile. After reading Red Dragon by Harris, I prefer Manhunter over the film Red Dragon. If y'all never read the book, I highly suggest doing so!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

And the TV show is better than both. :P ;D

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 18, 2018, 07:36:14 PM
And the TV show is better than both. :P ;D

This.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Rampage (2018)
Another average Dwayne Johnson flick with few good moments. CGI could've been better too.
An R-rating might have improved things a little. The usual PG-13 kills and destruction get boring fast.

Huggs

Huggs

Trollhunter

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 18, 2018, 05:12:59 PMManhunter is extremely underrated, another great movie I haven't watched in awhile. After reading Red Dragon by Harris, I prefer Manhunter over the film Red Dragon.

Even with the totally changed ending (or perhaps even because of it), I've always thought Manhunter is a much better film than Red Dragon. Brian Cox and especially William Petersen are far superior to their counterparts in the remake.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 18, 2018, 07:36:14 PMAnd the TV show is better than both. :P ;D

A girlfriend introduced me to that and I loved it, but then we broke up and I never saw beyond the first few episodes lol.

Deep Cover

It's easy to forget now that Laurence Fishburne was once a genuinely great actor. The film as whole could be better - the pacing and direction (by Bill "Mac from Predator" Duke) are kind of all over the place - but Fishburne and Goldblum are excellent in their roles.

Sicario

Gave this a re-watch in anticipation of the new one. Del Toro in particular is excellent. Absolutely superb cinematography. The new one looks like it'll be entertaining but you can pretty much guarantee it won't be as genuinely fantastic as this.

And it's not really a film, but I also watched Fear of the Flesh: The Making of The Fly. I could've sworn I'd seen this before, but there was a lot in it I didn't remember so perhaps not. Excellent documentary. As you'd expect, much time is spent on the film's grotesque makeup and gore effects. The only real downside is the fact Cronenberg himself isn't interviewed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed