Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 846,495 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

Saturn 3 (1980)

Prez

Prez

A Quiet Place

Very well crafted film. Suspenseful, well acted and written.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The 13th Warrior

"What happened?" "An engineering dispute." ;D

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 29, 2018, 09:27:29 PM
The 13th Warrior

Underrated film. Always watch this at least once a year.

D88M

D88M

Avatar Extended Collector's Edition: First time watching this movie, i dont regret doing it 10 years later, is like a blend of stuff already seen and made with nothing special about it, what do impressed me is how well the CGI holds up after so many years, the stuff that  the movie talks about should be payed more attention though

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Apr 30, 2018, 12:09:25 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 29, 2018, 09:27:29 PM
The 13th Warrior

Underrated film. Always watch this at least once a year.

Yeah, it's a good watch, even with the missing scenes and reshoots. Hopefully we'll get to see the deleted footage some day.

And it has Ulfric Stormcloak before he became treasonous rebel scum.  ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 27, 2018, 06:30:05 PMTrue Romance

"You're part... eggplant." :laugh:

Contender for my favourite film of all time (although if I'm honest it probably comes in second behind Aliens). That scene would be the best part of it, and possibly my favourite single movie scene ever. There's so much going on in it, and Walken and Hopper absolutely shine.

In fact the whole film's cast, especially in the cameos department, is just incredible. I mean, Jesus... Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper, Ed Lauter, Val Kilmer, Saul Rubinek, Samuel L. Jackson, Bronson Pinchot, Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Christian Slater, Tom Sizemore, Chris Penn, Gary Oldman... And not only is every single one of them perfectly cast, they all knock it out of the park, too. I've always thought the only thing that might've improved it in that department would've been one final showing from Bill Shatner at the very end when Rapaport finally gets his big break on T.J. Hooker :laugh:

The only movie I can think of that has more people I like in it would be Tombstone, which is a virtual who's-who of my favourite actors.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 28, 2018, 11:15:28 PMNatural Born Killers

Well, that certainly was quite the viewing experience. Are we absolutely sure Oliver Stone had kicked his drug habit by this point? :laugh:

I tried to watch that once and really wanted to love it, but i just couldn't get through it.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 29, 2018, 09:27:29 PMThe 13th Warrior

Yeah, I'll second that one being really underrated. Never quite understood why it bombed so hard.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

True Romance is brilliant and Walken really knows how to leave an impact. Another Tarantino film had Walken make a cameo which was quite memorable to.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Alligator (1983)
Its been years since I'd seen this. I'd forgotten Robert Forster was in it lol

Alligator II: The Mutation (1990)
Yeah an okay sequel. So late 80's in its approach. We don't even get the Alligator as much as the first one lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 30, 2018, 10:18:04 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 27, 2018, 06:30:05 PMTrue Romance

"You're part... eggplant." :laugh:

Contender for my favourite film of all time (although if I'm honest it probably comes in second behind Aliens). That scene would be the best part of it, and possibly my favourite single movie scene ever. There's so much going on in it, and Walken and Hopper absolutely shine.

In fact the whole film's cast, especially in the cameos department, is just incredible. I mean, Jesus... Christopher Walken, Dennis Hopper, Ed Lauter, Val Kilmer, Saul Rubinek, Samuel L. Jackson, Bronson Pinchot, Brad Pitt, James Gandolfini, Christian Slater, Tom Sizemore, Chris Penn, Gary Oldman... And not only is every single one of them perfectly cast, they all knock it out of the park, too. I've always thought the only thing that might've improved it in that department would've been one final showing from Bill Shatner at the very end when Rapaport finally gets his big break on T.J. Hooker :laugh:

The only movie I can think of that has more people I like in it would be Tombstone, which is a virtual who's-who of my favourite actors.

Yeah, the cast is insane, and it all works. I dare say Tony made a film as good if not better than most of Ridley's.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 28, 2018, 11:15:28 PMNatural Born Killers

Well, that certainly was quite the viewing experience. Are we absolutely sure Oliver Stone had kicked his drug habit by this point? :laugh:

I tried to watch that once and really wanted to love it, but i just couldn't get through it.

Yeah, I can't really blame anyone for not liking it. It's a strange, strange experience.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 29, 2018, 09:27:29 PMThe 13th Warrior

Yeah, I'll second that one being really underrated. Never quite understood why it bombed so hard.

A lot of it had to do with a ballooning budget, expensive reshoots, a late August release, and well, uh, this was the trailer:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 30, 2018, 05:39:40 PMYeah, the cast is insane, and it all works. I dare say Tony made a film as good if not better than most of Ridley's.

Bold claim, but honestly, I think I might agree. Obviously I wouldn't place it above the likes of seminal movies such as Alien and Blade Runner, but I certainly rate it above a lot of Ridley's other films I can think of off the top of my head.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 30, 2018, 05:39:40 PMA lot of it had to do with a ballooning budget, expensive reshoots, a late August release, and well, uh, this was the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYUBKcurY88

Holy shit. Is that... Is that the music from the fake gay monks trailer Robert Downey Jr. did as part of Tropic Thunder? :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 30, 2018, 06:11:31 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 30, 2018, 05:39:40 PMYeah, the cast is insane, and it all works. I dare say Tony made a film as good if not better than most of Ridley's.

Bold claim, but honestly, I think I might agree. Obviously I wouldn't place it above the likes of seminal movies such as Alien and Blade Runner, but I certainly rate it above a lot of Ridley's other films I can think of off the top of my head.

Those were the two definite exceptions.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 30, 2018, 05:39:40 PMA lot of it had to do with a ballooning budget, expensive reshoots, a late August release, and well, uh, this was the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYUBKcurY88

Holy shit. Is that... Is that the music from the fake gay monks trailer Robert Downey Jr. did as part of Tropic Thunder? :laugh:

Yes, yes it is. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 30, 2018, 06:15:03 PMYes, yes it is. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That is excellent.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Ritual (2017)

Pretty strong Netflix horror film, even if it went a bit odd in the third act.

Russ

Russ

Security, a geriaction movie starring the aforementioned Antonio Banderas. It's Die Hard in a shopping mall, doesn't do anything new (they even wheel out Ben Kingsley in "pissed off with my minions" bad-guy-phone-in), isn't remotely original and doesn't even try to be.

But you know what... I didn't care, it was still great fun and I was glad I saw it. It was comfort food. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed