Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 846,442 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Inglourious Basterds

"There's a special rung in hell reserved for people who waste good scotch. Seeing as how I may be rapping on the door momentarily... I must say, damn good stuff, Sir."

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning part 1
While not as good as Fallout, its still a fantastic film. The stunt work and fights are great and it hits its emotional and comedic moments perfectly. Hopefully part 2 has the likes of Paula Patton, Maggie Q, Jonathan Rhys Meyers making appearances. Especially if part 2 is the end of the franchise

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One

I'd rank it below Rogue Nation and Fallout (and the original, but I'm weird like that), but it's still a damn fine entry in the series. And the delay made the plot a lot more topical.

So 2 remains the only bad movie in the series. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers

Introducing my youngest Daughter to the greatest Trilogy (pound for pound) of all time (and I say that as an absolute diehard Star Wars OT fan).

Such masterful films. Top notch in all departments (yep even the dodgy CGI on those Wargs in TTT).

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Exam

Clever little thriller.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Prez on Jul 16, 2023, 12:24:15 PMThe Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers

Introducing my youngest Daughter to the greatest Trilogy (pound for pound) of all time (and I say that as an absolute diehard Star Wars OT fan).
I'd say that's fair. Not my favourite trilogy (although it's up there) but as a sheer all-round achievement I can't think of anything that tops them.

Master Chief

Master Chief

The Tiger

A great story with great acting.  It's a very emotional movie...loved it!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Wicker Man (1973)

Prez

Prez

Return of the King - Theatrical cut. Forgotten how much had been excluded from this version compared to the EE. Magnificent film. Truly worth of it's Oscar haul. IMHO nothing and I mean nothing comes close to the incredible spectacle and emotion of the Ride of the Rohirrim scene in the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. Incredibly epic.

The payoff in this trilogy is so incredibly satisfying.

And yes without fail I teared up during Frodo's leaving for the Undying Lands.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Oppenheimer

Excellent drama constructed in a really interesting way.

Stitch

Stitch

The Evil Dead
Evil Dead Rise

Had a double bill with some friends. It's interesting to see just how much the latest movie referenced the first. Of course they're both fantastic films.

Bingo Hell
Entertaining comedy horror from Amazon's Welcome to the Blumhouse series. Little bit slow in the middle, but worth a watch.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Doctor Sleep

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Man from Earth

Excellent dialogue driven scifi.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 21, 2023, 09:15:11 PMOppenheimer

Excellent drama constructed in a really interesting way.

Heard it was da bomb.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed