Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 733,256 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

You can cut everything before the EEV descending from the sky and it would only improve the film.

SiL

SiL

It would make the 40 minutes it takes Ripley to get to Bishop actually result in her finding something out the audience hasn't known since the opening credits.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

If A34K doesn't do it already, when it comes out, could I pay you to do exactly that?

SiL

SiL

I'm already working on a version that removes the Alien completely until it gets Clemens as an editing exercise.

Yes, it takes 45 minutes for there to be an Alien in an Alien movie, but at least the audience is now unravelling the story with Ripley instead of watching everyone play catch-up that whole time.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I hope that doesn't mean you cut the funeral splice.

SiL

SiL

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I like the idea but that's a bridge too far, how long's there between the funeral and the bishop scene in the Assembly Cut anyway out of curiosity?

Building Better Worlds

Building Better Worlds

Quote from: Stitch on Jun 20, 2022, 03:47:48 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Jun 19, 2022, 11:11:23 PMYes. The egg can be explained. No. Some people don't want it explained; because then they will have to accept it as Lore.

Guess what? It's been Lore for thirty years. Learn to love it.

-Windebieste.
It can be explained. Whether that explains holds water and is accepted by all the fanbase is what's being debated, really.
What one person terms lore is another person's fan-wank.

Which is why this thread still exists.

Is the explanation the one where the Queen has a 'spare egg' tucked up in her innards and leaves it on board the dropship leg enclosure?

T-850

T-850

Quote from: Building Better Worlds on Jun 21, 2022, 09:55:31 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Jun 19, 2022, 11:11:23 PMYes. The egg can be explained. No. Some people don't want it explained; because then they will have to accept it as Lore.

-Windebieste.
It can be explained. Whether that explains holds water and is accepted by all the fanbase is what's being debated, really.

Is the explanation the one where the Queen has a 'spare egg' tucked up in her innards and leaves it on board the dropship leg enclosure?

I believe this theory the most. It seems the most plausible. If the Queen was in the Sulaco's airlock before Ripley killed her it's very likely the Queen would have had just enough time to have placed an egg there in an emergency.

windebieste

windebieste

What makes anyone think it has to be accepted by "all the fanbase"? The fan base isn't a jury for ALIEN 3's approval. It's just a fan base and has NO say. At all.

If 20CS want to pursue how to explain the egg, many ways have been proposed. They just have to pick one but many fans DON'T want the egg explained because then they'd have to suck up ALIEN 3 as a legitimate sequel (which it is) but will still hate the movie regardless of any explanation.

Then again, like I said. Fans have no say in the issue. Learn to accept the egg is simply there. ALIEN 3 doesn't care if it's explained or not. It doesn't care if Newt and Hicks were written off at the beginning of the movie. The lack of an explanation for the egg is ALIEN 3's first nihilistic act. It just doesn't give a shit what fans think.

-Windebieste

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: comehellorhighwater on Jun 21, 2022, 11:25:35 PM
Quote from: Building Better Worlds on Jun 21, 2022, 09:55:31 PM

-Windebieste.

I believe this theory the most. It seems the most plausible. If the Queen was in the Sulaco's airlock before Ripley killed her it's very likely the Queen would have had just enough time to have placed an egg there in an emergency.

But why would she do it here ? Just instincts maybe ?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I refer you all back to The Girder Counterargument.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jun 22, 2022, 12:34:35 AMI refer you all back to The Girder Counterargument.

That damn girder, ruins everything.

The only conclusion is that there is no answer. The fans care more about the logic of this scene far more than anyone working on the film did..

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It is a studio mandated insert, you can thank the test audiences.

SiL

SiL

An egg on the Sulaco is fine.

An egg upside down in a random corridor is not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed