Alien vs. Pinball

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 30, 2016, 07:49:55 AM

Author
Alien vs. Pinball (Read 16,209 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Xenozipper, so have you figured out what to do if the ball gets caught in that dot right in front of Ripley in the Aliens version?  I'm really baffled by some of these components of the game.  There should be an in-depth tutorial, but there isn't.

I actually bought the full game expecting not to have to deal with commercials, but they're still there.  Weird.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 13, 2016, 02:06:49 PM
Xenozipper, so have you figured out what to do if the ball gets caught in that dot right in front of Ripley in the Aliens version?  I'm really baffled by some of these components of the game.  There should be an in-depth tutorial, but there isn't.

I actually bought the full game expecting not to have to deal with commercials, but they're still there.  Weird.

Yes I do actually. That circle in front of Ripley is what triggers the main missions of the table. You hit that area 3 times & then it freezes up there allowing you to start the mission of which at that point, you just have to shoot the ball at the areas that have a flashing arrow. Whether you beat the mission or not it doesn't matter, once you hit that area in front of Ripley 3 times again & it'll start the next mission. There's that option at the beginning of the table of playing the game in "Film Order" or Your Own, if you decide to play the Random version, whenever you trigger the mission, you would just hit the flipper buttons to scroll through which mission you want to play. It's a little weird to figure out how to work pinball & it took me a long time to get to the point I am now with it. It's still sometimes by pure luck that I end up hitting an area or ramp I wanted to. I also play the game in the "View 7" if that means anything haha If I get around to it in the next day or so, I could try recording myself playing the Aliens table & try my best to explain how to play it. Cause there's a really cool mini game that gets triggered after the first mission (when playing Film Order) where you get to drive the APC & you use the flipper buttons to steer left & right. It's simple but still fun.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I did get to drive the APC, but I have no idea how I got there..

I'm still not quite sure I understand what to do when the ball is caught ahead of Ripley.  Since I can't move the ball at that time, I don't see how I can make any selections.  The only thing I can do is press the checkmark and keep playing.  It feels wrong..

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

When you play "Film Order" & it stops in front of Ripley just hit shoot button again & that just triggers the mission. It's mostly for when you play your own selection, the missions you select through are displayed in that box that's in the upper left corner of the game, when you hit the flipper button, you'll see that it changes to different names & that's the different missions, there's 6 or 7 I think. I mainly play "Film Order" just to keep things simple & keep the game flowing more. I did figure out how to get the APC thing going, it's part of mission 1 in Film Order. When you start the mission, you have to shoot for the Hicks ramp, Hudson ramp, Vasquez ramp or the Burke ramp to look for Newt. Once you find her in one of those ramps, then you shoot for the atmosphere processor that closest to your RIGHT flipper & that triggers the APC driving. I've still yet to survive the 45 seconds of Aliens coming at me so I don't know what happens after that part yet haha

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Wow, I had no idea the game had so much depth.  It would be great if all the cheats and strategies would get listed somewhere.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 13, 2016, 06:22:45 PM
Wow, I had no idea the game had so much depth.  It would be great if all the cheats and strategies would get listed somewhere.

I know how you feel man! When I very first started playing Pinball games I thought it was all just random hitting but after years of playing I finally realized there was actual strategy involved. It's still not easy trying to aim your shots though. Sometimes I nail ramps, other days, I completely fail missions. I can try to make some sort of strategy for Aliens & AVP tables. Isolation, I'm still having some probs figuring out all the quips on that one but I got the other 2 somewhat figured out. I still have no idea how to do the Bypass on the Aliens table when you initially shoot you ball out. One of the best strategies I can tell you is when the ball comes down to the flippers, I hold the flipper button so it's stays held up & it'll hold the ball in place (if it's not moving too fast) so you can kind of try to pick your shot. I'm honestly not sure what "View" is the best for playing. I play in View 7 which basically follows the ball instead of giving you full look of the table. I enjoy it but my brother can't play it that way & has troubles with it so that I think is subjective to the individual player. Yea I'm a pinball nerd :P What would be easier? Trying to just type out strategies or making a video explaining so you can see at the same time? My only prob with the video is that I don't have a capture device for PS3 stuff so the only way I can get footage is sticking my video camera in front of my TV & get it that way. It doesn't really make for that awesome of video quality but it's all I can do at the moment.

I'm thinking I may just make the video & toss it up on my youtube channel in a day or so. That way, I could explain things better when I have the game running in my face & get to use my hands to point out certain areas n stuff on the TV. When I pull myself away from anime binging I'll make it haha It'll be PS3 version but should be no difference between the others.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed