What do you want to see in Romulus?

Started by littlesprout, Jan 07, 2023, 11:15:22 PM

Author
What do you want to see in Romulus? (Read 44,136 times)

Slutty Badger

I just hope it has lore. We need lore!

BigDaddyJohn

I think Prey is a good enjoyable movie, just not great. And lore diving is cool, but risky depending on what they do. We already have intel that says they are playing with it a bit, and it's... not going to please everyone to say the least.

TheBATMAN

The timeline placement already makes it problematic. The main sub-plot of the whole trilogy is the company trying to acquire the Alien and now they've seemingly had it all along...

BigDaddyJohn

I'm really curious to see how they will handle that. Carefully curious.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Apr 19, 2024, 01:17:47 PMI just hope it has lore. We need lore!

and if it is successful enough to have a last prequel lore made by RS no less

:'(👉👈

:🍁🍂🥀🦋🦋🦋🌸🏵💮

irn

irn

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Apr 19, 2024, 01:54:18 PMThe timeline placement already makes it problematic. The main sub-plot of the whole trilogy is the company trying to acquire the Alien and now they've seemingly had it all along...

And it risks saturating the series overall if Ripley's horrific but isolated experience that occurred over the first three films was something that has been happening all over the place for decades.

Huntsman

Big Chap. That connective tissue to the original film is super cool.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Huntsman on Apr 20, 2024, 08:27:19 AMBig Chap. That connective tissue to the original film is super cool.

Or is it a pointless cameo? Time will tell.

Huntsman

If the film is good it helps legitimise its place in the canon.

Corporal Hicks

Honestly, everything we've heard about it so far, is something I've very interested in. It sounds like a reconciliation of the prequel and main lore in a way that sounds very fascinating to me. I just hope it's all executed well.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Huntsman on Apr 20, 2024, 10:11:52 AMIf the film is good it helps legitimise its place in the canon.

There hasn't been a bad Alien film yet.

So, definitely.

GrimmVision

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 20, 2024, 11:35:59 AMHonestly, everything we've heard about it so far, is something I've very interested in. It sounds like a reconciliation of the prequel and main lore in a way that sounds very fascinating to me. I just hope it's all executed well.

Playing off of that reconciliation, I fully and absolutely believe we're getting closer and closer to "eggmorphing" to becoming canonized within the films.

Ridley has already reinstated SO many unused concepts from the first film into the prequels that it just has to happen at this point. If
Spoiler
WY can extract the accelerant from the Alien in Romulus to literally create more Aliens,
[close]
surely the Alien can utilize the goo within its own body to propagate in cases where a Queen just isn't a viable option.

Covenant's Alien didn't have this ability as David hadn't introduced the yet-to-be-seen biomech elements into its morphology. The addition in Big Chap of the thin tubes running from its body directly into the back of its jaw will give it the ability to deploy a black goo mixture from within its mouth. The goo is mixed with saliva to create the hardened resin to cocoon the victim in place and the black goo then activates upon contact of biological material, breaking down the host cells and reconstituting them. Eggmorphing - just like Brett and Dallas in the infamous deleted scene.

The hive walls Aliens make are often described as being "alive". The juggernaut, dreadnaught, and derelict ships are also "alive". Made from the accelerant ;D

BlueMarsalis79

I really do not want everything to be made of the Pathogen, the Pathogen makes Aliens through Facehuggers and Alien like things without biomechanical aspects just by itself. That's more than enough, it's just getting ridiculous if the Engineers also use it to grow technology and augment themselves.

I have no issue with them doing that on principle, but just leave the Eitr, or Pathogen, or Accelerant out of it.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: GrimmVision on Apr 20, 2024, 06:41:29 PMCovenant's Alien didn't have this ability

David's Praetomorph actually is capable of Ovomorphing its victims.

solace97

QuoteThere hasn't been a bad Alien film yet.

So, definitely.

I'm not sure about that. The audience that isn't fascinated with the films like we are tend to not like Alien 3 and Alien R, I've heard mixed about Alien Covenant. Or at the very least find them as poor films overall

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed