$$$ = what next?

Started by Marr, Jul 06, 2011, 12:55:34 PM

Author
$$$ = what next? (Read 6,127 times)

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

I'm in total agreement about the egregious concept of producing an AVP reboot.  I can't quite believe there's still people who would want such a thing.  I mean, didn't these people learn anything from the two god awful shit-fests that we've already received?!

I own the original AVP graphic novel and it's good fun, I also own the various AVP video / computer games and again, they are good fun.  It's also where this particular monster mash-up concept belongs; in mediums outside of film.  The two franchises really aren't compatible in the canonical sense, not to mention being completely different tonally.

The AVP movies did a huge amount of damage to both franchises, but especially to the more seriously themed Alien series.  Even if a new AVP was released, a film that was executed with competence and skill; it would still do damage to the Alien and Predator films by its very nature.

If you want to experience a showdown between the Alien and Predator, or Batman, or the Terminator or any other unrelated cinematic creation; then I suggest a trip to your local comic or videogame merchant.  Just keep such silly concepts away from the medium of film, where the lines of canon become blurred and as such certain people start to believe that two completely separate and incompatible universes are one and the same.

harlock

harlock

Agreed, no more AvP please. Anyone want to care to comment on the ideas I placed in the one-human-surviving-a-hive idea that 8bitAngel come up with on the previous page?

I think if I have an idea of what the fanbase wants here I can come up with a really good script that could detail something like that. Or at least we'll have a discussion of what we want to see in an ALIEN film rather than what we wouldnt.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: harlock on Jul 07, 2011, 08:46:19 PM
Agreed, no more AvP please. Anyone want to care to comment on the ideas I placed in the one-human-surviving-a-hive idea that 8bitAngel come up with on the previous page?

I think if I have an idea of what the fanbase wants here I can come up with a really good script that could detail something like that. Or at least we'll have a discussion of what we want to see in an ALIEN film rather than what we wouldnt.

If it was my movie, I'd focus on the apartheid toward the androids and then throw the aliens into the mix. It would be about civil war and a human race that deserves what they have coming.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

I'd prefer a straight on scifi approach as opposed to the borderline Trek story involving apartheid. The stories start suffering when they are made to be more complex then need be. I don't care about an android uprising, I care about the study of unknown life. That right there will get me in the theater every time.

Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry

AVP 3. ;)

Gigerapparition

Gigerapparition

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Jul 08, 2011, 11:57:37 AM
The stories start suffering when they are made to be more complex then need be. I don't care about an android uprising, I care about the study of unknown life. That right there will get me in the theater every time.

Right on the nose there BethesdaSea, I too prefer a more Lovecraftian angle with a journey into the unknown
to up the scare factor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed