Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,187 times)

426Buddy

I think the story is great and mysterious myself. Zula and Davis are great characters as well.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Just finished reading #6, and it was yet another great issue! I'm really sad to hear that this might be Tristan's last issue, but if it, it was one heck of a swan-song. Hopefully he can come back for another project one day, I would love to see him do one of the Prometheus/Predator crossovers.

Spoiler
The action in this issue was really brutal. Even though if felt slightly forced, the whole idea of W-Y being able to clone a xeno from a small sample certainly reinforces the mystery over why Davis saved the finger back in issue #4. Based on the solicitations, I'm really excited to see him and Hendricks with the baby alien, but it is shame that Hollis has to go so quickly.

Overall, this series continues to be fantastic.
[close]

Looking at the solicitation for #9 again, I'm intrigued by the idea that
Spoiler
the baby xeno "wages a psychological war on Zula, Davis, and Hollis." I wonder if that means we'll be delving into the territory of the aliens having some latent psychic abilities, like we saw back in Book 1, or in the extended cut of Alien 3. Also, just realized that Hollis is apparently still alive in issue 9, so looks like she won't be dying like I thought.
[close]

Kurai

Kurai

Spoiler
Ok, for some reason it went right over my head the last time, but is the ending hinting that Zula and Davis are in a sexual and/or romantic relationship? That's interesting for sure... I can't imagine a combat android being anatomically correct... I can just imagine some high ranking general in a thick American accent yelling at a manufacturer "There is no way in hell that I'm sending any man, real or robot, out in the field if he ain't got balls! You hearing me?" XD
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 28, 2016, 06:55:42 PM
Looking at the solicitation for #9 again, I'm intrigued by the idea that
Spoiler
the baby xeno "wages a psychological war on Zula, Davis, and Hollis." I wonder if that means we'll be delving into the territory of the aliens having some latent psychic abilities, like we saw back in Book 1, or in the extended cut of Alien 3. Also, just realized that Hollis is apparently still alive in issue 9, so looks like she won't be dying like I thought.
[close]

Is #8 when they
Spoiler
use the Aliens against the pirates? If so, I think it'd be more from a perspective of having done what they've done and maybe trying to catch it?
[close]

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Kurai on Oct 29, 2016, 02:29:33 PM
Spoiler
Ok, for some reason it went right over my head the last time, but is the ending hinting that Zula and Davis are in a sexual and/or romantic relationship?
[close]

Spoiler
It did kinda hint that it might be heading that way.
[close]

Nostromo

Spoiler
Ok, for some reason it went right over my head the last time, but is the ending hinting that Zula and Davis are in a sexual and/or romantic relationship? That's interesting for sure... I can't imagine a combat android being anatomically correct... I can just imagine some high ranking general in a thick American accent yelling at a manufacturer "There is no way in hell that I'm sending any man, real or robot, out in the field if he ain't got balls! You hearing me?" XD
[close]
lol no, Whatever possessed you to think that.

Where are they heading to in issue #7? Can't recall if they mentioned it.

Russ840

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2016, 09:11:19 AM
Spoiler
Ok, for some reason it went right over my head the last time, but is the ending hinting that Zula and Davis are in a sexual and/or romantic relationship?
[close]

Spoiler
It did kinda hint that it might be heading that way.
[close]

I got the impression that they are becoming close at least

426Buddy

426Buddy

Finally read issue 6, really a great issue, art and story are all very good as per usual.

Still I seem to have lost a lot of enthusiasm for the series now that we know Tristan is done, took the wind out of my sails as it were. Sort of tempted to stop buying comics by the issue and wait for the tpb''s like I used to.  Never really bothered me too much before but this time it hurts, I never like it when a series changes the artist, I much prefer the art remain the same for the whole run.

Doesn't help that Life & Death has been such a let down so far.

Nostromo

I noticed issue #7 was pushed back to December 7

https://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/29-856/Aliens-Defiance-7

Whiskeybrewer

Its getting ridiculous now

Nostromo

How come? I think Tristan always hinted he would not be around after issues 5 & 6. He kept saying wait until 6..

Anyhow as much as I liked Tristan's I like Brian Wood's story just as much or even better. I'm not sure who's given him these ideas and locations to use or if he's a huge Alien fan and there all his but this storyline is great. Interview him too :)

Hopefully Dark Horse gives more Alien work to these 2 guys and the colorist.

Alien work? :)

HuDaFuK

I hope this isn't turning into another Colonial Marines, where the creative team keeps getting mixed up and issues keep being randomly delayed until they end up simply pulling the plug on the whole thing.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 15, 2016, 01:49:53 PM
I hope this isn't turning into another Colonial Marines, where the creative team keeps getting mixed up and issues keep being randomly delayed until they end up simply pulling the plug on the whole thing.

I'm afraid of this as well. There have been delays, design changes, and artist changes and I just think that's really unfortunate because the series is so great. 

When it comes to comics, for me, the art is almost as important as the story. So losing Tristan makes a huge impact. I would have prefered a 6 issue run of Defiance with the same team instead

Corporal Hicks

Issue #10 details and cover -

QuoteAn attack on the Europa by space pirates leaves Zula, Davis, and Hollis on a barely functional ship. They now must return to Earth, where the Weyland-Yutani corporation is waiting and ready to put an end to their rogue mission.

That cover has me quite curious. I wonder if it has actual bearing on the story.

Kurai

Kurai

If you ate an Alien, would it be cannibalism? I wonder if they were slaughtered kosher? XD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed