Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 194,156 times)

tyrannosaurusjones

There's always a vague chance I'll be back towards the end. I said if it fit in, I'd definitely come back for more, so it's up to the powers that be.

Also, if you knew you swallowed something, surely you'd check certain places first... right...?

Sabres21768

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 27, 2016, 10:02:40 AM
There's always a vague chance I'll be back towards the end. I said if it fit in, I'd definitely come back for more, so it's up to the powers that be.

Also, if you knew you swallowed something, surely you'd check certain places first... right...?

Oh a hint!
Now what could she have swallowed?

426Buddy

I was too gutted to say anything last night, but thank you Tristan for your amazing alien artwork. Defiance is one of the best aliens series ever released and your art will truly be missed going forward.  :-[

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 27, 2016, 10:02:40 AM

Hopefully they're aware of how popular your work is with the fans. I've written in to them previously. Might have to do it again.

Nostromo

Quote from: tyrannosaurusjones on Oct 27, 2016, 05:24:46 AM
All of these things are definitely worth writing to Dark Horse about. I'd love to come back for more -- in fact -- a dream book would be to basically pick up immediately after Alien: Isolation and do a story with Amanda as maybe a one-off graphic novel like the Liam Sharp book a few years ago. But the best thing you guys can do is write in. Tell Dark Horse what you like and what you don't like. Certainly accomplishes more than just talking on forums about things, because a lot of those folks don't read boards.

I've written to them by email and twitter on what people think is good and not so good. Never get any response. Hope they read them at least...

426Buddy

I have written them twice now with glowing praise but also no response.

Nostromo

Hicks, you think it's possible to get a q&a with someone from Dark Horse?

HuDaFuK

That'd be cool.

I'm sure this has come up before, but where would be best to write to if we did want to pass on some praise and/or criticism to DH?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 27, 2016, 01:33:26 PM
Hicks, you think it's possible to get a q&a with someone from Dark Horse?

Is Randley Stradley editing at the minute? I've tried to chat with him a few times over the years but never to much success.

Nostromo

Nostromo

We have so many questions for them. They should make an effort though, there are about 1000 threads dedicated to their comics & books.

I also hope Brian Wood gets retained too as a writer and Dan Jackson as a colorist.

A few more great reviews on Issue 6.

"The artist of this series, Tristan Jones, has been making the rounds in many of my favorite properties and series for the past few years. His illustrations have a way of showing great detail while not seeming to be too heavy to make this feel like a comic book still. As a point of emphasis, when you see the splash page of the Xenomorphs stalking their way through the door the Colonial grunts were desperately trying to suppress, but ultimately failed, you should stop and just take in all the details in that scene, and you may have found a new favorite artist."

http://thegww.com/sci-fi-terror-and-horrifying-art-an-aliens-defiance-6-review/

"Again this art team continue to amaze you with each passing issue. Tristan Jones if I haven't said it before is the best artist we have gotten so far in the AvP franchise.The way he draws these characters, the Xenomorphs, the world around them in general is captivating. From the first page the artwork grabs your attention between the detail that goes into the horde of Xenomorphs and the marines who are looking to take a sample from them. I don't think I've ever cringed so much seeing what the acid from the Xenomorphs do to the human body. This of course being a combined effort because Dan Jackson's colors are so natural and organic to give you a full picture that you won't forget. You appreciate Jackson enough as the color artist just for the fact that he is one who can have so much going on with the Xenomorphs and never lose you in their black composition. He knows how to apply different shades of blacks and greys to make sure you see every detail."

http://www.geekedoutnation.com/comic-book-review-aliens-defiance-6/

XenoZipper

Nice reviews but you know what they don't do? Talk about the issue's story. It's just art praise reviews but tells you nothing about the story itself.

Kurai

Kurai

Finally got my hands on the new issue. Art is great as always and I'm very sad to hear that the comic is losing Jones. :(

Jones, if you're still about, I was wondering if you had access to assets from Isolation and if you use 3D models to get your poses right? The Aliens and environments really do feel like they've popped right out of Isolation.

Spoiler
Also, I like the possible reference to Alien Resurrection with the tech that can create viable cells for cloning from necrotic tissue. :P
[close]

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: XenoZipper on Oct 27, 2016, 04:56:17 PM
Nice reviews but you know what they don't do? Talk about the issue's story. It's just art praise reviews but tells you nothing about the story itself.
I'm sure at least 90% of Alien fans (Both Alien & Aliens fans) are liking the story and everything, I don't understand why you would keep posting in this thread if you hate the thing. Doesn't make sense.

The main small issue is that the story feels too short, that's pretty much the only complaint out there. It will make a better read as a TPB for sure. But damn, if you don't like this story, I doubt any Alien story will ever please you.

XenoZipper

I was talking about the 2 reviews you just posted. I don't read comic reviews normally, I make my own judgement after reading. Did you also not see that I wrote actually liked issue 6? Chill man.

SM

SM

Both of those reviews talked about the story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed