Started by Frosty Venom, Oct 04, 2018, 05:57:26 PM

Which do you like better?

Prometheus
70 (50%)
Alien Covenant
70 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Author
Prometheus or Alien Covenant? (Read 34,694 times)

The Old One

The Old One

You mean with a planet full of do-whatever-black-liquid, featuring a story with the dumbest scientists known to man, featuring the dumbest scenes in the entire franchise?

With a script so ambiguous about the interesting stuff it tells us nearly nothing?

Yeah great, it doesn't stand on it's own or as part of the franchise because it doesn't stand up against basic logic, it's a real pity because an opportunity like it's never going to happen again "Ridley Scott returns to the Alien franchise" and it got everything right.

Except the bloody script.

JokersWarPig

I never said it was a good movie lol

The Old One

The Old One

Yeah but, Alien Covenant, it is.

Voodoo Magic

A funny 6 minutes!  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

I love that every single question's answered by Alien Covenant by itself, it adds layers to the act, you go.

Voodoo Magic

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Mar 11, 2020, 01:52:03 PM
Yeah but, Alien Covenant, it is.

ehhhhh I wouldn't go that far. There's like 15 or 20 minutes of it that's decent, everything after David shows up is bad excluding the Neomorph kill/death and them looking for the "alien" on the main ship.
They also suffer from some of the same stupidity as the Prometheus lot.

Voodoo Magic

64 - 57

PROMETHEUS

;D

The Old One

The Old One

Everything nearly Alien Covenant does up until the Protomorph or Praetomorph appears fully grown's nearly perfect.

It's the most perfect example of it's genre I'm able to think of as, niche as it is, the best Science Fiction Gothic Romantic Horror Existential film incarnation of the stories of both Dracula and Frankenstein.

A "other" man who's unrequited "love" leads to harvesting a woman's sexual organs to create a version of both an A.I and the human being together, to the form of a rape monster with male and female signatures intertwined at the root to dominate every other living thing.

The final evolution of three generations David considers "failures" ultimately, he's reached "success" that, according to "perfect AI" it is the one perfect organism, according to David and Ash, even Bishop and Michael believe it's magnificent, Soldier or Sentry, Praetorian or Queen, but perfection though perfection's something a human being can't even conceive of, never mind agree or disagree with, so we can't see the "perfect organism" objectively.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I like David and think AC is better than Prometheus in almost every way.

The Old One

The Old One

I think I'm possibly both the most forgiving and unforgiving of the Alien franchise, so I'm definitely biased, but if I step back for a second and ask myself on Alien Covenant's own merits Alien franchise yes or no regardless, if it is a good film, I must say yes.

Kradan

Kradan

People who shit on both Prometheus and Alien Covenant ( " it ruined my childhood/ everything about Alien franchise/ mystery etc. ")  upset me more than flaws of the movies.

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I genuinely liked Prometheus and I think it's a good movie with some issues. But the writers didn't learn anything from Prometheus. Covenant screwed with the Alien mythology and the scientists are still dumb as a pile of ape sh**

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Mar 11, 2020, 08:46:16 PM
I genuinely liked Prometheus and I think it's a good movie with some issues. But the writers didn't learn anything from Prometheus. Covenant screwed with the Alien mythology and the scientists are still dumb as a pile of ape sh**

Indeed, and to add insult to injury this time, except for Fassbender, we were dealt second and third rate actors and it showed.  :-\

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 11, 2020, 02:29:23 PMeverything after David shows up is bad

Just my opinion of course, but I feel that every moment that David and Walter share sit among some of the absolute best scenes in the series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed