Aliens vs Predator 2: High Definition Mod?

Started by The Xenoborg, Sep 29, 2011, 06:56:05 PM

Author
Aliens vs Predator 2: High Definition Mod? (Read 20,053 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

QuoteI could help with the coding but the problem is time it all takes time.

If something is coming and we find a way to all involve some of our time I'll keep you in touch  ;)

The Xenoborg

Remaking the game in AvP2010 (when it becomes possible) is a brilliant idea. :)
But I don't think a lot of elements of AvP2010 would meet with those of AvP2.
Like the combat system.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

The best remain to do it with the Unreal Engine 3 or Cryengine 3.
Both are available for Free and there are damn easy when it comes to export or work with 3rd party tools.
AVP2010 probably won't have any SDK and I doubt it's a very accessible engine since Rebellion made it so they may use very specific tool that people don't know how to use.

At least I know I can work with Maya easily and then import to unreal and Cryengine. They both have plugin for it.

Anyway, we're a bit off topic. PLEXI made a topic a year ago in the Fan section concerning the game but this attempt failed due to the lack of time and the fact there weren't any coder.
Start it once again now would be unwise I think. We need to be sure to have everyone on the board and ready.

DragonBossk

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 13, 2011, 07:10:34 PM
The best remain to do it with the Unreal Engine 3 or Cryengine 3.
Both are available for Free and there are damn easy when it comes to export or work with 3rd party tools.
AVP2010 probably won't have any SDK and I doubt it's a very accessible engine since Rebellion made it so they may use very specific tool that people don't know how to use.

At least I know I can work with Maya easily and then import to unreal and Cryengine. They both have plugin for it.

As far as I know AVP2010 has no SDK, the only mods you can make are texture and vision only (most done by the brilliant MoonerSK).  A handful of AVP or Aliens mods can be found on moddb.com but many have lost support; our best bet is the hope Aliens: Colonial Marines is successful enough to greenlight another AVP game.

Lucifero

avp2 :-\ source mod is death?

x-M-x

Just use the HQ PACKS with max settings of your GPU - AvP2 Looks beautiful enough.

Le Celticant

The problem with AVP2 are not the texture.
And game graphics are IMO not about textures resolution but about the shading.
Only lights allow you to create some effect of reality with few polygons and even bad texture resolution.
You can also make incredible FX with a good shading system and AVP2 lack this.

The omission of Dynamic Light is very disturbing and the only artefact they gave us with Directional Light + Plugged into an object Dynamic Light system is very limited and works like sh*t in MP.

Salt The Fries

Ambient occlusion is also very important, and high fidelity bump-mapping.

Le Celticant

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 07, 2013, 09:58:42 PM
Ambient occlusion is also very important, and high fidelity bump-mapping.

Ambient Occlusion can be baked within texture.
It's better to have a baked in game I admit but digging shadows is not as important and will be anyway useless if you don't have solid Shadder system.
Also game uses Normal Map mostly instead of Bump for Real Time.  ;)
You can eventually apply a Specular map to increase but all this stuff is anyway as I said related to the shadder which is the most important system to lightning.

It's such a shame Monolith build AVP2 on an older version of the Lithtech.
One step ahead and we may have had shadders to work with.

Xhan

The NOLF2 engine supported normals, blended transparent alphas and specular maps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed