Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,708 times)

SM

SM

QuoteEveryone who knows me begs to differ...

:D

That could go anywhere, but I'll resist.

Ahem.

I've gone back over the last few pages trying to figure out what your point is - and I still have NFI, so I'll have to leave it.

Major Alan Schaefer

You are confined in the Alien "Canon" box so  ::)

moving on

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 01:40:09 AM

moving on

yeah, making sense is such a confining bitch. lol.
Why stick to any sense of realism on any level, all aspects of a piece of fiction must
go out on a limb to be more ridiculous than necessary. ::)
(no there will be no "ridcousl" joke here.. wait..shit. lol.)

Major Alan Schaefer

Going out on a limb?
i simply stated a Fachugger needs and egg for protection...and a fetus needs a facehugger to get to a host...real crazy there

automirage04

automirage04

moving on

Consistency can be a harsh mistress......

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: automirage04 on Oct 31, 2007, 02:02:51 AM

moving on

Consistency can be a harsh mistress......

Not as harsh as one might think. The Runner in A3 wasen't consistant nor the Queen in Aliens

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 02:06:21 AM
Not as harsh as one might think. The Runner in A3 wasen't consistant nor the Queen in Aliens
Neither contradicted what had been set out prior.  They expanded without pissing on what the previous film/s had shown.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Oct 31, 2007, 02:11:53 AM
Neither contradicted what had been set out prior.  They expanded without pissing on what the previous film/s had shown.
previous films had never been in that sitation....niether has this idea, the genreal sitation has never happened so its open. it doesn't destroy what's in place, it just shows that Aliens don't follow the rules other animals do

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 01:56:38 AM
Going out on a limb?
i simply stated a Fachugger needs and egg for protection...and a fetus needs a facehugger to get to a host...real crazy there

i meant the whole new reproduction thing, which you don't seem to mind. Since canon is such a non-issue that can be ignored. ::)

Major Alan Schaefer

Didn't say that, its not that insane is why i don't mind it...just because it doesn't follow the exact thing the others did doesn't mean it should be burned at the stake.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 02:16:41 AM
just because it doesn't follow the exact thing the others did doesn't mean it should be burned at the stake.

Of course not.  But when it doesn't follow and it sucks, then you've got a problem.  :)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 31, 2007, 02:16:41 AM
Didn't say that, its not that insane is why i don't mind it...just because it doesn't follow the exact thing the others did doesn't mean it should be burned at the stake.

It outright contradicts other films. Lone aliens are seen and they never begin molting into a queen. The whole vomiting has never even been speculated or intended before inclusion in this film, its also arbitary to argue that all young queens would have done it.
Plus if there is a lone alien and it can egg morph, why would it do that if it could start becoming a queen itself? You see what i mean you can't have them both be the secondary, emergency reproductive method.
If there is too many issues with that, the movie should have touched neither or the situation altogether.

automirage04

automirage04

If you'll read some of my posts on my other threads, you'll see that I judged A3 negatively for its inconsistencies as well.

As for the Queen in A2: Alien1 forced us to ask ourselves where these eggs came from. Providing an answer to an already existing question is not inconsistent.

This regurgitation idea (while I am not as strongly opposed to it as most people seem to be) answers a "question" that we never asked ourselves. It also forces us to rationalize the apparent contradictions to A3, and A:R, which are already canon.

No one was wondering what a "young" queen would be like, because we saw a Queen in A:R that had been raised to maturity in captivity, and there was nothing that would have led us to believe that there was a stage between "burster" and "mature queen".

And the "young Queen" explanation is crap anyway. How the hell are they going to work that into that movie? Have any of these characters seen a grown queen? NO. So no one is going to be able to explain what is going on to the audience.

I imagine it will go something like this:

Man: OMFG what is that thing? Its bigger than the others! And it just threw up on Bill!

Woman: It must be their leader. Or something. Like ...a queen! But maybe its not fully grown yet.

Man: Sure ... that makes sense. What will it do when it does grow up?

Woman: Well, I would imagine it lays eggs.

Man: Its all so obvious!

Demonio Cazador

It's pretty hilarious how people say something sucks when they haven't even seen it!!  ;D ;D
This thread has broken all the records ever in the history of Geekiness!!   :-X

automirage04

automirage04

If you'll read some of my posts on my other threads, you'll see that I judged A3 negatively for its inconsistencies as well.

As for the Queen in A2: Alien1 forced us to ask ourselves where these eggs came from. Providing an answer to an already existing question is not inconsistent.

This regurgitation idea (while I am not as strongly opposed to it as most people seem to be) answers a "question" that we never asked ourselves. It also forces us to rationalize the apparent contradictions to A3, and A:R, which are already canon.

No one was wondering what a "young" queen would be like, because we saw a Queen in A:R that had been raised to maturity in captivity, and there was nothing that would have led us to believe that there was a stage between "burster" and "mature queen".

And the "young Queen" explanation is crap anyway. How the hell are they going to work that into that movie? Have any of these characters seen a grown queen? NO. So no one is going to be able to explain what is going on to the audience.

I imagine it will go something like this:

Man: OMFG what is that thing? Its bigger than the others! And it just threw up on Bill!

Woman: It must be their leader. Or something. Like ...a queen! But maybe its not fully grown yet.

Man: Sure ... that makes sense. What will it do when it does grow up?

Woman: Well, I would imagine it lays eggs.

Man: Its all so obvious!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed