Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,708 times)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 29, 2007, 01:45:53 AM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 01:41:12 AM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 29, 2007, 01:36:54 AM
Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 29, 2007, 01:30:57 AM
it would be boring tho

I dont consider puke having entertainment value lol

who would think that an alien drooling into or squirting goo down someone's throat as they gurgled and choked on it, is entertainment? The balance of gross vs. cool and interesting is out of whack, its way more gross and far reaching than anything else.

the same ppl that lov seeing facehugger penis being put in2 a persons mouth, then having a little snake lik creature BURST out of there chest. bloody, gory, disgusting, inhuman...

all the more reason, we don't need anymore phallic symbolism. its at a reasonable level that you can't avoid but adding more that isn't necessary is just stupid and gratituitous to 13-16yrds who get off on that sort of thing. lol.

megachu17

megachu17

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 01:48:33 AM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 01:41:12 AM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 29, 2007, 01:36:54 AM
Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 29, 2007, 01:30:57 AM
it would be boring tho

I dont consider puke having entertainment value lol

who would think that an alien drooling into or squirting goo down someone's throat as they gurgled and choked on it, is entertainment? The balance of gross vs. cool and interesting is out of whack, its way more gross and far reaching than anything else.

the same ppl that lov seeing facehugger penis being put in2 a persons mouth, then having a little snake lik creature BURST out of there chest. bloody, gory, disgusting, inhuman...

all the more reason, we don't need anymore phallic symbolism. its at a reasonable level that you can't avoid but adding more that isn't necessary is just stupid and gratituitous to 13-16yrds who get off on that sort of thing. lol.

well i may be conferming ur argument, but im 17 and i think that scene will be awesome, and thats what matters 2 me most. if it conflicts 2 much ill just write the whole movie off as non-canon and enjoy it anyway.

Major Alan Schaefer

Giger had some simlar looking stuff as was brought up before...surprised that's been mentioned so little by alien fans

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 01:47:42 AM
Think of this as a form of rape as its intended and its alot mroe interesting of course if you use puke and vomit it makes it look bad...its niether, it's the same thing a facehugger does

so if it does the same thing as a facehugger, why not just let the facehuggers do it? How the f**k is it new and adventurous then? A walking, upright facehugger. Yeah that doesn't negate the regular facehuggers or anything. ::)

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 01:52:09 AM
Giger had some simlar looking stuff as was brought up before...surprised that's been mentioned so little by alien fans

yeah but he's borderline insane/genius, you can't use everything he'd come up with. lol

Anomaly

Anomaly

The process so far is so eerily simple, it strikes a chord in people. Because its partially similar to a real creatures gestation. Theres a womb, theres a creature to impregnate, theres a neatness to it that feels more like nature.

I think were getting farther away from this smiliarity the more weird we get with it.

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 28, 2007, 11:14:33 PM
Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 28, 2007, 11:11:17 PM
Quote from: Wolf Sazen on Oct 28, 2007, 11:07:38 PM
Anyway, the predalien regurgitating in the potential hosts mouth gets my vote for disgustingly, and disturbingly awesome!

::)

The future, ladies and gentlemen.

yeah that's just sad. There are people who would still say it was awesome if the predalien whipped out a huge exo-skeletal dick and had it extend from its crotch in the same manner as the inner jaw, dripping with slime and then literally raped its victims.
No, my friend, I wouldn't think that would be awesome, and just remember, you came up with that one(huge exoskeletal dick extending from crotch).  The idea of the pred-alien inner jaw working as a reproductive tool as well as a weapon is a good one.  It's something we havn't seen from the xeno's yet, and I think it brings a new horrifying aspect to their mystique.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 29, 2007, 01:53:14 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 01:47:42 AM
Think of this as a form of rape as its intended and its alot mroe interesting of course if you use puke and vomit it makes it look bad...its niether, it's the same thing a facehugger does

so if it does the same thing as a facehugger, why not just let the facehuggers do it? How the f**k is it new and adventurous then? A walking, upright facehugger. Yeah that doesn't negate the regular facehuggers or anything. ::)
mainly, fans would like seeing an army of facehugger desend upon the little town come on that'd be stupid....

and yea i know he's border line insane seen some interviews i was just stating the fact

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

How about we see how it works in the film before saying it doesn't work! 

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Oct 29, 2007, 02:00:00 AM
How about we see how it works in the film before saying it doesn't work! 
What That's OUTRAGOUIS if we do that we can't bicker!!!!  ::)

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Well, it seems like in almost every new Alien movie, something new to the cycle is introduced. This is AVP-R's contribution. I find it funny that people complain about it, yet we should all accept every other "new" idea that was introduced, after ALIEN.

Does the egg-morphing in ALIEN make sense? Yes, it explained the eggs, at the time.

Does the Queen in ALIENS make sense? Yes, it explains the eggs, again (since the theatrical release of Alien did not include the egg morphing). The inclusion of the Queen, pretty much destroys the need for egg-morphing, if we are to think that's where the eggs REALLY originate from.

Does the superface-hugger work in the ALIEN 3 AC? Yes, it shows us there's a specific facehugger that carries a Queen. NOTE: Didn't the Predators in the original AVP comics try to detect and destroy the Queen facehuggers, before the hunt began?

Does the inclusion of another cycle for the Queen to be able to reproduce like a human being in Alien: Resurrection make sense? Um, I guess, since there were strange effects from the human cloning. Personally, I HATED the idea of the Newborn and the human reproductive cycle.

Does the sped up Alien chestburster gestation in AVP make sense? Well, it didn't if you saw the movie. But, it made sense, after Anderson explained that the Queen was given special hormones. Thus, the movie failed to show this, and people were rightfully, confused. It should've been explained in the AVP film.

Does this regurgitation method of the PredAlien make sense? Well, this is another new cycle being introduced and if my theory is correct of the young Queen running around to quickly make enough warriors to construct a hive for her to mature and grow an egg sac to produce eggs, as a normal Queen...then yes.

Either that or like I also mentioned, the PredAlien is its own species. Seperate from the Aliens, which means it can have it's own reproductive cycle that is different than what we expect from the Aliens.

I think it's interesting we see new things to the Alien cycle in these movies. Are some of these ideas just canon...maybe. But this regurgitation method, to me, is much more appropriate, than say turning a human into a egg.

Facehuggers are mainly for MASS produciton, while this regurgitation method is for short production, until the egg laying can begin. So, there is still the need for facehuggers. They can still be used to reproduce when there is a Queen or not. Nothing about their importance changes, it's just that there is an alternative method.

The regurgitation is something we have never seen, because we never really saw a young Queen, running around free.

In Alien: Resurrection, the Queen was captive for most of the movie and of course, she was captive, when she began to lay eggs (kind of funny we never saw the egg sac).

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

LOL bickering is an artform on this site.  :D

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 28, 2007, 09:53:24 PM
My new theory:
Every alien can make eggs.
A normal alien can cover the human with a hive resin, and coat it with an internal liquid which will turn the human into an egg.
The queen has this liquid too, but it is in her gut and forms eggs inside her, which come out of the eggsack.

A premature queen without a sack can bring up this liquid and exert it from the mouth into another organism. However, with a young queen the liquid isn't completely matured, so instead of making eggs, it makes an embryo, which is normally inside the facehugger inside the egg. So, basically, the most basic core of the egg is the burster embryo.

My theory.

Destroyed by the director saying this is an ordinary adult becoming a Queen. :)

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 10:03:52 PM
Also taking into account; poor image quality on the cameras and, as I said before, Ripley not exactly being the most coherent. She was obviously flustered.

It should also be pointed out that being in hypersleep for 57 years was, going by reactions, virtually unprecedented. Who knows what sort of effect that could have on her memories?

She also mentions Kane having reported seeing "thousands of eggs", but in no version of 'Alien' is that ever communicated. :)

I say that extended hypsleep screwed around with what she remembered. If we claim she should have recognised the cocooning material's purpose (she never knew that), then we should also be saying she was psychic, because Kane never reported any such thing.

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 28, 2007, 10:07:44 PM
Id rather see a Queen than have to deal with hermaphrodite science. Thats too much.

Queens are hermaphrodites.

Just like the facehuggers are.

Quote from: persistentvision on Oct 28, 2007, 10:16:14 PM
I am patiently twiddling my thumbs waiting for some brave scriptwriter/producer/director/special effects team to bring to the screens, the most ignored aspect of the Alien life-cycle, as originally conceived by Dan O`Bannon for the original ALIEN script. That being that (in the first scripting for the Nostromo astronauts who discover the Space Jockey Wreck) on LV 426 there was a Pyramid found with heiroglyphics that depicted the Egg-FaceHugger-Chestburster-Drone Lifecycle; and the Pyramid was actually made BY THE ALIENS, (not Predators as in AVP!). The Pyramid was supposed to be an intrinsic part of the Hive`s Continuing life-cycle just like an ant hill or a termite mound. This original concept credited the ALIEN species with complex abilities and even Culture interlinked with their incredibly ruthless ferocity!! Such a great concept...

Although it would be a radical departure, I think it would be interesting to see Aliens with a technological civilisation. The only ones we've seen are very much removed from whatever their natural habitat could be. For all we know, the Aliens could have built that derelict.

I'd prefer they were kept as predatory creatures, but someone like Giger could do something fantastic with that.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 10:32:23 PM
Facehugger=Egg=Queen=lots of money

Props used only three years ago and kept in pristine condition to show off at the studio = no money.

:)

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Oct 28, 2007, 10:38:04 PM
well, the Vincent Ward script might have been the source of the impregnation by regugitation idea that the Strause brothers have decided to go with. I hope he or Fasano or whoever came up with the idea gets a credit for the new movie

More likely the Tyranids. They deliberately copied the basic Alien design and aesthetic, plus reproduce that way.

Quote from: kommander696 on Oct 28, 2007, 10:43:45 PM
In addition to my earlier post.  There is one thing that is puzzling me.  Why is it that when Scar got facehugged in AvP and subsequently died thereafter with thanks to the queens tail spearing him before her demise.  Why did the Alien that was birthed from him in the final scene in AvP have the characteristics of the Predator (IE: its mandibles)?

We could say the human ones also have the basic human jaws. Jaw configuration matters not. It would be surprising if that stage didn't have them.

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 28, 2007, 11:25:39 PM
Why did aliens try to kill Scar even though he had an embryo? Paul W.S Anderson. ::)

As explained in the commentries, he deliberately had the Queen seeking just the right position to strike, without harming the 'cargo'.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 11:54:21 PM
its logical because other animals do it....and its quicker if you don't have time to mature, make an eggsac, or no where safe enough for hive

The Predalien has plenty of time and should use it to rest in one of the many places available there to hide.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:04:16 AM
A1: for one the ship is to small for a Queen...

I'd heavily disagree.

Quotethat fact aside, i doubt the molting is a split second thing (which if it was would make me angry) time, less than twenty four ours being alive, not enough hosts to do anything.

It should still have been sticking babies down necks. If it had done that to Dallas (and we know what it did do to that character), then the resulting creature would have made for two of them roaming around, by the time Ripley was later setting events.

QuoteA3: Queen on the way don't need to molt.

But every reason to supposedly make this 'advance army' they allegedly need.

Conversely, to change your theory: Adult capable of moulting in the area. No need for Queen.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:19:58 AM
logical reason? i got one...Chet can't put an egg sac and sit lay eggs durring WW3

There would be no war, if it sought out somewhere safe and quiet and did what it should be adapting to do.

The only reason the Predator seems to keep on finding it is because it keeps drawing attention to itself.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:51:29 AM
Well, lets observe your point...why didn't they scan her in AR....what would they Scan her with?

Whatever they used to predict when the natural cycle was meant to be up and ready. They must have been succeeding somehow, in order to do that. They were very closely monitoring the reproductive system.

Quotelets say they did see it..how would they know what it was...lets even say they did know what it was...they could tell when its in this stage its right before she starts egg laying. the General didn't care about the science crap he wanted the facts..that's what they gave

The same could be said of how they knew she was going to lay eggs. They had no real knowledge of how it was going to commence doing that. They would have had to monitor each and every possible chemical and biological change.

Quoteno one has ever said this is impossible

No, natural Queens do that, without anyone having to. :)

Quotethen if u say AR Queen didn't puke...its only part of the molting cycle

Which the Nostromo Alien should have been going through, too.

Vemados

Vemados

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 29, 2007, 02:03:53 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Oct 28, 2007, 09:53:24 PM
My new theory:
Every alien can make eggs.
A normal alien can cover the human with a hive resin, and coat it with an internal liquid which will turn the human into an egg.
The queen has this liquid too, but it is in her gut and forms eggs inside her, which come out of the eggsack.

A premature queen without a sack can bring up this liquid and exert it from the mouth into another organism. However, with a young queen the liquid isn't completely matured, so instead of making eggs, it makes an embryo, which is normally inside the facehugger inside the egg. So, basically, the most basic core of the egg is the burster embryo.

My theory.

Destroyed by the director saying this is an ordinary adult becoming a Queen. :)

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2007, 10:03:52 PM
Also taking into account; poor image quality on the cameras and, as I said before, Ripley not exactly being the most coherent. She was obviously flustered.

It should also be pointed out that being in hypersleep for 57 years was, going by reactions, virtually unprecedented. Who knows what sort of effect that could have on her memories?

She also mentions Kane having reported seeing "thousands of eggs", but in no version of 'Alien' is that ever communicated. :)

I say that extended hypsleep screwed around with what she remembered. If we claim she should have recognised the cocooning material's purpose (she never knew that), then we should also be saying she was psychic, because Kane never reported any such thing.

Quote from: Anomaly on Oct 28, 2007, 10:07:44 PM
Id rather see a Queen than have to deal with hermaphrodite science. Thats too much.

Queens are hermaphrodites.

Just like the facehuggers are.

Quote from: persistentvision on Oct 28, 2007, 10:16:14 PM
I am patiently twiddling my thumbs waiting for some brave scriptwriter/producer/director/special effects team to bring to the screens, the most ignored aspect of the Alien life-cycle, as originally conceived by Dan O`Bannon for the original ALIEN script. That being that (in the first scripting for the Nostromo astronauts who discover the Space Jockey Wreck) on LV 426 there was a Pyramid found with heiroglyphics that depicted the Egg-FaceHugger-Chestburster-Drone Lifecycle; and the Pyramid was actually made BY THE ALIENS, (not Predators as in AVP!). The Pyramid was supposed to be an intrinsic part of the Hive`s Continuing life-cycle just like an ant hill or a termite mound. This original concept credited the ALIEN species with complex abilities and even Culture interlinked with their incredibly ruthless ferocity!! Such a great concept...

Although it would be a radical departure, I think it would be interesting to see Aliens with a technological civilisation. The only ones we've seen are very much removed from whatever their natural habitat could be. For all we know, the Aliens could have built that derelict.

I'd prefer they were kept as predatory creatures, but someone like Giger could do something fantastic with that.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 10:32:23 PM
Facehugger=Egg=Queen=lots of money

Props used only three years ago and kept in pristine condition to show off at the studio = no money.

:)

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Oct 28, 2007, 10:38:04 PM
well, the Vincent Ward script might have been the source of the impregnation by regugitation idea that the Strause brothers have decided to go with. I hope he or Fasano or whoever came up with the idea gets a credit for the new movie

More likely the Tyranids. They deliberately copied the basic Alien design and aesthetic, plus reproduce that way.

Quote from: kommander696 on Oct 28, 2007, 10:43:45 PM
In addition to my earlier post.  There is one thing that is puzzling me.  Why is it that when Scar got facehugged in AvP and subsequently died thereafter with thanks to the queens tail spearing him before her demise.  Why did the Alien that was birthed from him in the final scene in AvP have the characteristics of the Predator (IE: its mandibles)?

We could say the human ones also have the basic human jaws. Jaw configuration matters not. It would be surprising if that stage didn't have them.

Quote from: Otnip on Oct 28, 2007, 11:25:39 PM
Why did aliens try to kill Scar even though he had an embryo? Paul W.S Anderson. ::)

As explained in the commentries, he deliberately had the Queen seeking just the right position to strike, without harming the 'cargo'.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 11:54:21 PM
its logical because other animals do it....and its quicker if you don't have time to mature, make an eggsac, or no where safe enough for hive

The Predalien has plenty of time and should use it to rest in one of the many places available there to hide.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:04:16 AM
A1: for one the ship is to small for a Queen...

I'd heavily disagree.

Quotethat fact aside, i doubt the molting is a split second thing (which if it was would make me angry) time, less than twenty four ours being alive, not enough hosts to do anything.

It should still have been sticking babies down necks. If it had done that to Dallas (and we know what it did do to that character), then the resulting creature would have made for two of them roaming around, by the time Ripley was later setting events.

QuoteA3: Queen on the way don't need to molt.

But every reason to supposedly make this 'advance army' they allegedly need.

Conversely, to change your theory: Adult capable of moulting in the area. No need for Queen.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:19:58 AM
logical reason? i got one...Chet can't put an egg sac and sit lay eggs durring WW3

There would be no war, if it sought out somewhere safe and quiet and did what it should be adapting to do.

The only reason the Predator seems to keep on finding it is because it keeps drawing attention to itself.

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 12:51:29 AM
Well, lets observe your point...why didn't they scan her in AR....what would they Scan her with?

Whatever they used to predict when the natural cycle was meant to be up and ready. They must have been succeeding somehow, in order to do that. They were very closely monitoring the reproductive system.

Quotelets say they did see it..how would they know what it was...lets even say they did know what it was...they could tell when its in this stage its right before she starts egg laying. the General didn't care about the science crap he wanted the facts..that's what they gave

The same could be said of how they knew she was going to lay eggs. They had no real knowledge of how it was going to commence doing that. They would have had to monitor each and every possible chemical and biological change.

Quoteno one has ever said this is impossible

No, natural Queens do that, without anyone having to. :)

Quotethen if u say AR Queen didn't puke...its only part of the molting cycle

Which the Nostromo Alien should have been going through, too.

What color would you like me to paint that wall?

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Mlign would take time...A1 alien happens so fast less than 24 hours so it could not had enough time to get in that stage...heck i watch Alien today looked like it might been trying thay with ripley...why wowuld it have its tounge extended towards her face?

with the A1 ship being to small i meant most of the corridors...only one rom (DC) where brent and dallas was would be big enough fo the alien Queen

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed