Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 201,459 times)

brad873

brad873

keep in mind, the vomiting alien thing as one majore problem. it may take a while to produce another embrio for implantation. say she is born with 3, and uses them in quick succesion of eachother, it may take a while to make more. or maybe she is born with a limated amount of them to protect her.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: DB on Oct 27, 2007, 08:19:30 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 27, 2007, 08:11:17 PM
Nature doesn't plan for firearms. If Ripley was a natural, wild creature entering that chamber, she would have been implanted.

But she wasn't. Now, I could have firearms, walk in, and be raped.

You could also shoot the valuable Queen, except that the Queen would now be sacrificing herself in doing something facehuggers are perfectly capable of being sent out to do on their own.

But you'd still have to figure out where the Queen was, before you could stroll in. By the time you do that, the eggs are already there and they're implanting, en masse, not stalking, one at a time.

Major Alan Schaefer

What picture shows that?

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Kriszilla on Oct 27, 2007, 08:11:50 PMWell, yes, the one in Alien 3 had small arms and a vestigial crest on it. BUT, the A:R burster removed from Ripley 8 looked like an ordinary burster, despite the fact we know it molted into a Queen. It is possible therefore, that while Chet was born an ordinary Predalien, it undergoes a change of some sort when it discovers there is no queen present.

They cut out an embryo. We never find out if the crest and arms come later into the development. Seeing as it was still in a sac, it would be too far-fetched to say it wasn't fully developed.

QuoteBecause, if there are few drones present, it would be unwise for the queen to make herself vulnerable by growing an eggsack and allowing herself to be attached to the ceiling. If there were two drones gathering hosts while the queen was stuck alone, it would be easy to kill the drones, and then the queen before she could get herself mobile. So, when a hive's in it's early stages, perhaps the queen would use a less effective method of reproduction that allows her to remain battle-ready.

That doesn't explain the plothole created. A:R shows that the Queen was under constant examination. If she really did have such a cycle, the scientists would have picked up on the fact and avoided waiting for eggs. In fact, it really nullifies A:R entirely. The whole point of the Betty being in the Auriga was because they were smuggling in hosts for the Aliens and their eggs. If she could really do that, they wouldn't have had to wait. They seem to have known enough about the Queen to have timed things perfectly in the schedule. If that's the case, the hosts should have come earlier when she was still in this mystery cycle to mass-produce ASAP.

QuoteWrong! Egglaying is much more effective for impregnating on a large scale. The young queen/implant-giving alien would have to go round personally impregnating all hosts, which would be extremely slow compared to facehuggers, who are created in numbers, allowing them to impregnate more hosts far more quickly.

If she already has a brood of warriors, she wouldn't have to go around. She could just sit and wait for them to bring hosts for her to regurgitate into, much like a Queen does in a traditional hive but with the bonus of mobility since she wouldn't have to be stuck to that egg sac. This makes the mystery cycle much more efficient, which brings up the question as to why she would need to lay eggs.

QuoteMaybe we should all wait until the film is released before we pass judgement.

If I got a nickel for every time I read this response online from people on the subject of upcoming movies, I'd be rollin' around in an Escalade using Benjamins as tissue paper. How much more needs to be shown? I mean, do we need to see any more than the red band trailer shows to at least know how the acts play out? I'd give this credence...if this was early January and not late October.

megachu17

megachu17

well if u believe the anchorpoint essays, the facehuggers realese a virus the inisiates the creation of the chestburster in the body(supports dna refex since the embryo is formd for the hosts cells, and since the embryo doesnt form in the esophigus or windpipe or the host would no LOOOONG befor the burster emerged), so its not that the queen forms embryos and vomits them, she just vomits the virus.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kriszilla on Oct 27, 2007, 08:11:50 PM
BUT, the A:R burster removed from Ripley 8 looked like an ordinary burster,
No it didn't. I clearly had a crown, as was pointed out.

QuoteAs for Sil...  Don't try to force your opinions and views on others.
Yet I should lie back and take it when people do the same to me? :)

DB

DB

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 27, 2007, 08:26:52 PM
You could also shoot the valuable Queen, except that the Queen would now be sacrificing herself in doing something facehuggers are perfectly capable of being sent out to do on their own.

But you'd still have to figure out where the Queen was, before you could stroll in. By the time you do that, the eggs are already there and they're implanting, en masse, not stalking, one at a time.

I'd have to find the stupid Puker first as well. Meanwhile, the stupid shit is running around barfing into people's faces. Then, once I kill it, another Alien just starts puking up too.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

The puker Alien can hide as well, and flee even with it's already got it's army.

You know, this brings up an important point... Why are people claiming the fully developed Queen is immobile? We saw she's not! All she has to do is be sufficiently roused to want to get free and she tears away.

There's very little "immobile" about her. She just has a pre-configured resting position, that's all.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: DB on Oct 27, 2007, 08:25:36 PM
Quote from: Kriszilla on Oct 27, 2007, 08:11:50 PMWrong! Egglaying is much more effective for impregnating on a large scale. The young queen/implant-giving alien would have to go round personally impregnating all hosts, which would be extremely slow compared to facehuggers, who are created in numbers, allowing them to impregnate more hosts far more quickly.

Generally speaking, the Aliens bring the hosts back into the nest, and not only that, move the eggs towards the hosts as well. The only time we've seen a sort of exception is AvP, however, this may have been a facehugger that wandered off after Miller activated the shitload of eggs. I don't remember which event came first.

Once an egg opens and the facehugger either misses a host or a host sets off the egg to open but then quickly escapes, the facehugger will leave the egg and look for hosts, its not like it will go back in the egg and wait. It severs that symbiotic link between facehugger/egg at that point which is a part of its lifecycle.
The queen especially may be able to release pheromones to cause the eggs to open and go search for hosts.

Major Alan Schaefer

Well, we can't really base this thing on anything we've seen...i said it before and i'll say it agian we've never seen this stage of a Queen before...we've seen Aliens before Queen (A1/A3) Aliens after (A2) and AR was under containment so it can't be judged
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 27, 2007, 08:32:52 PM
The puker Alien can hide as well, and flee even with it's already got it's army.

You know, this brings up an important point... Why are people claiming the fully developed Queen is immobile? We saw she's not! All she has to do is be sufficiently roused to want to get free and she tears away.

There's very little "immobile" about her. She just has a pre-configured resting position, that's all.
Well, as we also saw Ripley could have easily killed her begore her escape

megachu17

megachu17

plus if the queen detaches for the ovipositer shel hav 2 wait to grow a new 1 and that would be a waste of time

DB

DB

Yeah, after having her nest (and potentially herself) blown to smithereens. The Puker doesn't appear to have a "wake up, and tear from this stupid thing after the fact" period.

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 27, 2007, 08:33:37 PM
Once an egg opens and the facehugger either misses a host or a host sets off the egg to open but then quickly escapes, the facehugger will leave the egg and look for hosts, its not like it will go back in the egg and wait? It severs that symbiotic link between facehugger/egg at that point which is a part of its lifecycle.
The queen especially may be able to release pheromones to cause the eggs to open and go search for hosts.

And yet, the Aliens not only bring the hosts to the nest, but move the eggs closer to the hosts as well.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 08:33:50 PM
STUPIDS!, only the queen can puke just lik only the queen can lay eggs, she does all the reproduction, the drones dont do it cuz they cant reproduce, only the queen can. r u all idiots???

Whoever suggested that warrior aliens can vomit? (cringing from such a lame thought)
Many people here do not accept the suggestion that ANY aliens can vomit in a hosts mouth.
And if you are calling people stupid, at least have the intelligence not to spell shit wrong yourself in the process or use "r u" as a retarded substitute for "Are you". lol

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: megachu17 on Oct 27, 2007, 08:33:50 PM
STUPIDS!, only the queen can puke just lik only the queen can lay eggs, she does all the reproduction, the drones dont do it cuz they cant reproduce, only the queen can. r u all idiots???

Firstly, as Moderator, let this be your official warning. Please respect your fellow forum members, not insult them without provocation.

Secondly, the director already came on here, in this very thread. They confirmed it's transforming into a Queen. Therefore, according to this, all Aliens are capable of it.

The only person who has made themselves appear idiotic is now you, for not having taken the time to check that. Karma's a funny thing, at times. :)

The Chibi Kiriyama

Does that really change the inefficiency of it? She'd still have to leave herself vulnerable for a moment as she tears herself off, and we don't know how long after she tears free does it take for the Queen to regrow a new one.

QuoteSTUPIDS!, only the queen can puke just lik only the queen can lay eggs, she does all the reproduction, the drones dont do it cuz they cant reproduce, only the queen can. r u all idiots???

Thank you, good sir. I needed a good laugh. Really, though...have you listened to anything Colin said? He's clearly saying that the warriors can just turn into Queens if the situation calls for it. Furthermore, have you read anything anyone here has said? No one is saying that the warriors can do that. No one.

Oh, I'm sorry. My case of stupiditis is starting to make me apply logic to things.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed