Reproduction Method Official

Started by SuicideDoors, Oct 26, 2007, 08:01:45 AM

Do you like the new addition to the lifecycle?

Love it!
80 (21.6%)
Pretty Cool
135 (36.5%)
I expected more
31 (8.4%)
Hate it
40 (10.8%)
To hell with the makers of AvP: R
30 (8.1%)
Like some aspects of it, but think it contradicts too much.
54 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 324

Author
Reproduction Method Official (Read 199,713 times)

Gremlien

Gremlien

Purism changes over time.

SiL

SiL

There's no sign anyway died before they attempted to remove the face-huggers, which implies that there were always multiple face huggers. And if Colin had been paying attention in Alien 3 and Resurrection, he would'a seen Queens are born Queens.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 03:12:32 AM
I swear, if we were all in a room and not over the internet Colin would've passed out from blowjobs months ago.

:D

If we were in a room together, I would be lighting up massive amounts of blunts...at least we would all be getting along better and laughing... :P

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:07 AM
I have this great idea for a Predator Mind killing weapon. He just looks at an Alien and it explodes... sound great huh?

You forgot the one about the red Cylon seeker, sweeping from side to side, in the visor. ;)

In all seriousness, based on the kind of footage we've seen of the cinematography, I'd love the brothers to direct a full-scale futuristic 'Warhammer' film. I think they'd be a perfect choice for it. Especially a CGI one, like the introduction for 'Dawn Of War'. I think they'd excel.

They could even put the oral-rape technique back with the Genestealers, just like where it came from. ;)

Quote from: The Cleaner on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:30 AM
One problem there, genius; the egg morphing was cut from the OFFICIAL film, it's not canon

Then it was reinserted back into the OFFICIAL theatrical re-release. It pretty much is.

If the directors take the view that it's not, then they should have just said that from the start of this debate (if not sooner). It would have prevented a lot of the kind of uproar which has gone up about this.

People wouldn't be pleased about it, but at least we would all have a good sense of being on more or less the same page.

QuoteAnd someone before mentioned how it wasn't hard for the runner alien in A3 to defend the queen, OF COURSE IT WASN'T! You think a bunch UN-ARMED prisoners are going to put up that much of a fight? Hell, most of them were killed trying the lure the damn thing into the furnace. If it had been facing against CMs, it would've gotten it's ass blown off.

Since when does nature plan for firearms?

Besides, like I said, a whole nest of facehuggers would be fine. Even if you're armed, it's going to be amazingly hard to hit something that small and fast, especially if it's got the kind of intelligence to play hide and seek, as 'Aliens' showed them having.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Luckygreycat on Oct 27, 2007, 03:15:54 AM
Quote from: SiL on Oct 26, 2007, 08:47:40 PM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 26, 2007, 08:45:00 PM
You are such a funny person. First you hate how "Aliens" turned them into simple "bugs,"  but now that you find out that they are complex creatures you want them to be like simple bugs.  ::)
And yet I'd never say 'Nope, no Queen! No sir! Egg morphing aall the way!'

What we've got here is a blatant contradiction of what we've seen before, it's as simple as that. Queen born a Queen? Nope, now we have Queen molting. Drones turning people into eggs? Nope, now we've got baby Queens barfing into people. Juvenile Queens not capable of reproducing? Nope, barfing!
It's a good bet a party was sent to investigate the derelict and more impregnated hosts were brought back.

You are definitely a purest and I respect that.  When I first heard about this I thought for sure they took it in this direction unnecessarily but if you think about it for a minute it sort of fits.  Think about the colony on LV426.  They brought Newt's dad back and most likely this was the only alien.  Is it conceivable that this phase occured then at the colony before the queen settled in her next to lay eggs which also would need drones or warriors to move the eggs as needed.  I think it can work but only if this is genuinely a young queen that is moving toward nesting.  If not then its stupid.
It's a good bet a party was sent to investigate the derelict and were brought back as impregnated hosts.

Invisible Darkness

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 03:09:21 AM
Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Oct 27, 2007, 03:02:26 AM
Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 02:56:56 AM
Quote from: Invisible Darkness on Oct 27, 2007, 02:54:47 AM
I really don't see how it is seen as contradicting something that has never been seen on film, or confirmed. Besides, nothing has been changed. This is just another cycle added on. It's not a very efficient way to reproduce, but as long as it gets them to where they need to be for the Queen to fully develope, why is it a problem?

I remember reading many posts from members here that said they would have a problem if it was egg-morphing. It's to slow a process and so on. Now we have something NEWand now there problems with that. How can something new, unexplored, and never seen on film contradict anything. This new idea isn't discrediting the old. It's simply adding on, or evolving and adapting to survive.

I would think that once a queen reaches full maturity, this new idea would no longer be needed. It would once again start laying eggs. Facehuggers are a far more efficient to populate. In a different situation, the Alien may have a different method of reproducing. Aliens adapt well to their environment. Since this is the first time this timeline of the Aliens' life cycle has been explored in film, there are no rules being broken. No cannon being over written. This is establishing something new.
Because it's a concept that isn't needed. Particularly in this case.

It's not a concept. It's in the new film. Without an egg-laying Queen, how is this not needed? If you don't like the idea, that's up to you. There does, however, need to be some way to reproduce. I like the New idea.
Perhaps "concept" isn't the right word to use. Regardless, it is unnecessary because there are already facehuggers on the ship. There's your problem.

How do we know those 2 facehuggers don't get killed later on? In turn forcing the Predalien to use this new form of reproduction.

That Yellow Alien

Did you see the trailer? They facehug the hunters.

Luckygreycat

Luckygreycat

Quote from: Master on Oct 26, 2007, 08:51:17 PM
And the reason for "alien pukeing" is " she need to protect herselve"? I don`t get it and still think that it is just a shity, stupid idea. So queen`s facehugger can implant two embryos just for fun?
I`m so tired of it........

I thought a queen facehugger aka superfacehugger could implant multiple times, not just two

AB2K

AB2K

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 03:12:32 AM
I swear, if we were all in a room and not over the internet Colin would've passed out from blowjobs months ago.

If it gets him to make a good film then step on up SiL and bat one for the team!LOL  ;)

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 27, 2007, 03:18:40 AM
One problem there, genius; the egg morphing was cut from the OFFICIAL film, it's not canon

Then it was reinserted back into the OFFICIAL theatrical re-release. It pretty much is.

If the directors take the view that it's not, then they should have just said that from the start of this debate (if not sooner). It would have prevented a lot of the kind of uproar which has gone up about this.

People wouldn't be pleased about it, but at least we would all have a good sense of being on more or less the same page.
As I recall, they released the Director's Cut version in theaters for the anniversary rather than re-inserting that specific scene.

Invisible Darkness

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Oct 27, 2007, 03:20:05 AM
Did you see the trailer? They facehug the hunters.

I should have added more to that statment. Maybe they are killed after they have chestbursted.

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

Quote from: SiL on Oct 27, 2007, 03:00:55 AM
Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 27, 2007, 02:59:05 AM
See, we can come together and make magic....or something. :)
Tell you what. I write, you direct. We'd make billions.

With your writing and ideas, you'd make billions alright, you'd make billions of angry fans  ;D Haha, just messin with ya!

wolfboy

wolfboy

This is all very entertaining to read.

The Cleaner

The Cleaner

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Oct 27, 2007, 03:23:34 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 27, 2007, 03:18:40 AM

As I recall, they released the Director's Cut version in theaters for the anniversary rather than re-inserting that specific scene.
Exactly.

xenomorph36

xenomorph36

i doubt that colin is ever going to read my post but i just wanna say one thing..

IS THE PREDALIEN A QUEEN OR NOT? THAT IS ALL I WANT TO KNOW.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed