The Predator Full Trailer

Started by Gazz, Jun 26, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Author
The Predator Full Trailer (Read 62,979 times)

Space Invader

Space Invader

Why are the captured Preds mandibles so huge, reminds me of unmasked Scar.

Btw, liking how the Upgrade looks.

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Aliens Exist on Jun 28, 2018, 10:27:56 PM
Why are the captured Preds mandibles so huge, reminds me of unmasked Scar.
You know what they say... big mandibles, big egos!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Upgrade is like the Brock Lesnar of Preds.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Does it say when the predator take place? Couldn't predators still take place in 2010 and this is before? Have we seen any cars or phones in the trailer, since that would give away the date.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 29, 2018, 12:15:15 AM
The Upgrade is like the Brock Lesnar of Preds.

I see. Not natty at all.

Quote from: bobcunk on Jun 29, 2018, 01:42:22 AM
Does it say when the predator take place? Couldn't predators still take place in 2010 and this is before? Have we seen any cars or phones in the trailer, since that would give away the date.

I heard somewhere that this was set before Predators. Can't confirm.

The Old One

The Old One

The abductions in Predators could take place in 2010, who's to know when they were thawed out and dumped on the preserve though?

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 29, 2018, 02:40:57 AM

The abductions in Predators could take place in 2010, who's to know when they were thawed out and dumped on the preserve though?

Right, I don't think we have any clue as to when the actual hunts on the planet took place, the hunts that included Royce and Co.  (I thought it was mentioned somewhere that this movie was supposed to happen before Predators.  I know several quotes have been brought up in this thread regarding the timeline, but I don't remember the actual article that stated this.)

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

It would be cool if at the end of the film, a ship crashes in front of the characters. the doors open and out walks Royce and Isabelle.

Danversity

Danversity

Black said a couple of times in interviews that The Predator takes places in current date, but before Predators.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Danversity on Jun 29, 2018, 03:48:52 AM
Black said a couple of times in interviews that The Predator takes places in current date, but before Predators.

Ok his movie takes place in 2018. But how does he know Predators didn't take place before that? It's not his movie, Predators could have taken place in 2010, it was never established. Not that I mind which one comes first in the timeline... well whatever.

Danversity

Danversity

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 29, 2018, 04:02:43 AM
Quote from: Danversity on Jun 29, 2018, 03:48:52 AM

Ok his movie takes place in 2018. But how does he know Predators didn't take place before that? It's not his movie, Predators could have taken place in 2010, it was never established. Not that I mind which one comes first in the timeline... well whatever.

Whether Predators is his movie or not it's irrelevant. Shane Black is the current author behind the Predator franchise, he and Dekker are the storytellers behind it now, so they're the ones who decide what is what on this universe. The fact that Predators does not estabilish a specific time setting nor does it have anything that gives away a specific 2010 setting only means Black can place that movie wherever he wants to. Could it be set in 2010? Yes it could. But now we know it's not. There's always the possibility that Fox knew the actual setting of Predators and Black could've got the information from them - this is the kind of stuff screenwriters think of even if they don't mention it in the final film, and since Fox owns the rights to the story they should know more specific details that were left out. But that doesn't really matter, what matters is the information that does get to the audience, and the setting of Predators never did, so if Black says Predators is not set in 2010, then it's just not.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Predators was without date and offered nothing to pin point it on, except Afganistan.

And it's ok. If I'm reading between the lines Black wants to blend all the previous titles together and perhaps offer this film sort of as a hub for the other films to connect to.

Or maybe that is just me wishful thinking.
Fox being bought up by the mouse implies Disney want to monetise all the franchises Fox owns, including Alien and Predator. This probably means some stand alone films down the line and a more proper Alien versus Predator franchise if those do well. So far Disney has been willing to bet big and win in 90% of the time.

Although I hope Disney doesn't pull those franchises through the Marvel mould. I mean, I love Star Wars and actually like what Rian Johnson did with The Last Jedi, it's the timing and length of the comedic parts that got taken a little to far if you ask me. Just a little. Solo did it better. Also, a little more time between action scenes would do any franchise good. Sometimes less makes you care about characters.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Predators should originally happened before Shane Black film - so, almost anyone think that Predators are third movie in the line, but Shane himself previously said that the event in Predators is happening after his movie, that means that Predators are in fact the fourth and latest movie-story, so I personaly think that he made his film to be set before that in order to build up some more informations about Bad Blood Predators and maybe put some light on why exactly they abducting humans from Earth, and why they are the "Bad" in the first place. Shane also said that in his movie we will get more answers about different Predator roles and their different functions, so again. . this is the whole aspect of why he wants to set his movie before Predators. We will learn more about them, about their motivations and their differences. Predators show us a fight between two Predators, this idea will evolve in Shane story where this Hybrid basically replace the Berserker, but in fact. . Bad Blood concept is the main focus here, DNA hybridization or not, its about Bad Bloods.  ;D

Master

Master

Not exactly guys. Nicolai said he was in combat during the war in Chechnya. Second Checnya War was ended in 2009. Of course we don't know how long it takes to travel to the game preserve but we should assume not that long for Predator. 2010 in that regard seems about right.

Original Predator

Would love a Dutch and Harrigan mention/ode, someway somehow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed