Alien 3/Resurrection "plot hole"

Started by razeak, Feb 16, 2024, 03:19:54 AM

Author
Alien 3/Resurrection "plot hole" (Read 2,961 times)

[cancerblack]

That's entirely on Ron Perlman though.

SM

SM

Ron's gotta Ron.

BlueMarsalis79

Big head, my Dad calls him with affection.

Local Trouble

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I can strangely see what ol boy is talking about.  Maybe less on the high def releases but on the early theatrical. 

Has a kind of filtered brown look to everything.  Though from what I can remember that was more like the Earth War covers than the comedy of art within the pages. 

The art was drawn in the same way Res was filmed though.  Goofily. 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Talking about Resurrection, there is a french interview of Jeunet that just got out, where he talks about the movie in depth and how it influenced his life overall.

I don't want to post it since it's in french and the youtube translation thing is very bad for this video.

Funny bits though :

- he literally says the movie is pretty dumb overall lol.

- he considers the movie being "apart" in his career and that it didn't influenced
his later films at all

- he does say he loved the experience though

- he says all french actors and directors that were in hollywood at the time
came sleeping at his house because he was kind of an attraction lol

- he insists that he personally pushed for ideas like the breath door thing
and Perez fiddling with his brain among others

- he says that a lot of his assistants were truly bad at their job lol

- he says he will go see Romulus out of curiosity

I didn't watch the whole thing yet, but that's what I found most amusing from what I saw.

Eal

Eal

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 29, 2024, 12:50:49 PMTalking about Resurrection, there is a french interview of Jeunet that just got out, where he talks about the movie in depth and how it influenced his life overall.

I don't want to post it since it's in french and the youtube translation thing is very bad for this video.

Funny bits though :

- he considers the movie being "apart" in his career and that it didn't influenced
his later films at all

I didn't watch the whole thing yet, but that's what I found most amusing from what I saw.

The fiddling with brain thingy was one of the moments that stick out in my memory most when I think of Resurrection.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Eal on Apr 29, 2024, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 29, 2024, 12:50:49 PMTalking about Resurrection, there is a french interview of Jeunet that just got out, where he talks about the movie in depth and how it influenced his life overall.

Funny bits though :

his later films at all

The fiddling with brain thingy was one of the moments that stick out in my memory most when I think of Resurrection.

Me too. Oh and he also talk about the famous blowjob Weaver gave to the inner mouth of a xeno... I'm sure most of us already knew about it. It was filmed, they sent it to the studio and apparently it amused him very much to do so because he knew they would not allow it to be in the final cut.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

All of this enrages me further. 

SM

SM

From memory even JPJ thought the brain thing might be a bit too OTT, but it got a good reaction from a test audience so they left it in.

426Buddy

426Buddy

When I watched it at the theater, even 12 year old me was rolling my eyes on that one.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I to was twelve during its release and the movie was too silly for me even back then. 

I can take Alien Res if I throw it in the same camp as the comics.  A kind of silly EU one off.  But even though it is to a lesser degree than that great blight on humanity Prometheus, when I think about Res being an actual Alien movie it starts to raise my blood pressure. 

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2024, 10:13:18 PMFrom memory even JPJ thought the brain thing might be a bit too OTT, but it got a good reaction from a test audience so they left it in.

Probably brought back the same test audience that wanted to see an egg on the Sulaco all those years earlier.

AlienatedPredator

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Apr 29, 2024, 01:14:24 PMMe too. Oh and he also talk about the famous blowjob Weaver gave to the inner mouth of a xeno... I'm sure most of us already knew about it. It was filmed, they sent it to the studio and apparently it amused him very much to do so because he knew they would not allow it to be in the final cut.

Would be awesome if footage of that existed.

I agree about the dreamy aspect of the movie being very cool - Ripley "coming to life", etc, very well shot. There are a lot of great scenes in A:R but a few other things detract from it. I still like it better than most it seems. Sigourney's acting is A+ as usual just for starters.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Apr 29, 2024, 10:13:18 PMFrom memory even JPJ thought the brain thing might be a bit too OTT, but it got a good reaction from a test audience so they left it in.
These days all I can see is the Alien just ... standing there behind him, breathing heavily like a God-damned creep.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed