Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 421,330 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: The Golden Fox on Jan 27, 2012, 01:13:52 AM
Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 27, 2012, 12:58:16 AM
I'm sorry, dude. You didn't deserve that dick-ish response.

And, this isn't an official poster. This is just something I found on Deviant art that tickled my fancy. Do you have a link to the image you are talking about?

Don't worry about it, it wasn't dickish at all. Here it is.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d9/Mass_Effect_poster.jpg

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this poster screams 'space opera', whereas the one you posted has trouble detaching itself from games like 'Gears of War'. You get a sense of how many strange alien races there are in this game, you get a nice show of some fancy space ships, Shepard exhibits a sense of command, and all of it to the nice backdrop of space. I'm probably biased, though, because I enjoyed the first game so damn much.

Here's a close-up on the image:

Spoiler
[close]
Get rid of male shepard, replace it with fem shep and get rid of Ashley and switch he with rex and its perfect...

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

After looking at Predator Queen's signature, I have to say: Turians were a genius move by the designers of 'Mass Effect'. Seriously, those guys look/sound/act so incredibly badass, I wholeheartedly wish the 'ME' trilogy had had a Turian protagonist instead.

EDIT: Maybe that is the case after all, and we're just playing a supporting character?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhLfbWdJ-UQ#ws

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

The thing about Turians is they are the most loved species by far in the Mass Effect fan base, especially by females.  Not sure why that is, but as noted via bioware forums Garrus is the top romance option for fem shep. Even one of the designers for Garrus and I quote " I think he is a favorite one when it comes to the a questionable fan art.  The one you have to keep a filter on when your looking at."
Heh...

Vakarian

Vakarian

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jan 27, 2012, 05:16:57 AM
The thing about Turians is they are the most loved species by far in the Mass Effect fan base, especially by females.  Not sure why that is, but as noted via bioware forums Garrus is the top romance option for fem shep. Even one of the designers for Garrus and I quote " I think he is a favorite one when it comes to the a questionable fan art.  The one you have to keep a filter on when your looking at."
Heh...

Yeah, my one friend has told me some pretty interesting things about her interest in Turians xD

WinterActual

Nightlord

Nightlord

Prime113

Prime113

What's up with Female players hating Ashley?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 27, 2012, 07:50:04 PM

They just jelly XD

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

She is kind of a bitch especially with my aliens... even a lot of males hate her, hell she makes Miranda tolerable and that's a complement on female standards.  The only reason why a lot of females hate Miranda is because she is a Mary sue

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jan 28, 2012, 04:06:45 AM
The only reason why a lot of females hate Miranda is because she is a Mary sue
More like the fact that a video game character is more attractive than they are, haha. But seriously, I find it funny how 'fangirls' (I use the term loosely because so many of them are vicarious 'gamers', obsessed with the subject but never actually playing the game) obsess over all of these aliens (and to an almost odder extend, Kaidan), so all of the female characters except Jack the Outcast become taboo to like. To call that 'territorial' would be depressing, considering the virtual space they inhabit.

So please, can we go a little lighter on the video game alien lovin' and focus more on aspects of the game? We'll talk more about all this Citadel 90210 stuff after the game comes out... I'm sure.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 28, 2012, 04:31:12 AM

So please, can we go a little lighter on the video game alien lovin' and focus more on aspects of the game? We'll talk more about all this Citadel 90210 stuff after the game comes out... I'm sure.
But would you like the game as much as you do with out the aliens? Honestly if all the aliens were humans and you were just saveing earth and not the whole entire F*cking galaxy?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

What the hell are you on about?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Jan 28, 2012, 04:37:14 AM
What the hell are you on about?
I was thinking the exact same, moreso just "on".

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jan 28, 2012, 04:35:20 AM

But would you like the game as much as you do with out the aliens? Honestly if all the aliens were humans and you were just saveing earth and not the whole entire F*cking galaxy?
The games wouldn't even work without aliens, you seem to believe that I think that aliens shouldn't be included... I really don't think you understand the fact that I like this series just as it is. I just wish everybody would tone down about these awkward alien (or otherwise) character obsessions in a...

...romantic fashion.

Anyways,
Quote from: HicksUSCM on Jan 27, 2012, 03:52:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h254YRtQoJU#ws
THIS looks f**king awesome. Marines, I do believe we have a jolly good time of Cerberus killin' ahead of us. Can't wait to see all of the customization options, this looks like the perfect way to incorporate multiplayer into the series. So glad they didn't go the deathmatch route.

Effectz

Effectz

Quote from: Predator Queen on Jan 28, 2012, 04:35:20 AM

I like Mass Effect for its story driven gameplay,If it didn't have Alien races and mass relays i would still like it.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

So would I, but without those things it wouldn't be Mass Effect as we know it. They could definitely take the template of it's gameplay to something else, but it wouldn't be recognizable... which is why I find it so strange when Queen asks if I think the game would be better off without other alien races.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed