Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,871 times)

e.nygma

e.nygma

Hi, guys! Long time reader, first time poster.

I have really enjoyed your theories and analysis of the trailers so far, but there is one thing that I don't quite understand. When the teaser for the trailer(the 0.22 second one) was first released there was the shot of the mutant throwing the guy in the garage in the RTO.The same shot is in the international trailer. The mutant seemed much more mutated than the mohawk mutant jumping of the RTO. There was talk as to wheter this is after he jumps down and throws the guy, but he is so much more mutated, his hands are huuuge, his head huge, also the body is big. It seems like a proto xeno in the far stages of mutation. BUT, in the imax trailer(1.13) the shot is different. Now that I've seen in it in 720p the guy looks much more like the mohawk mutant?????? How can this be? His arms seem to be smaller and the suit is different. Also the shot  reveals a bit more in terms of the gas pipe.

SO my questions are: 1. Do you think that the scene where the mohawk mutant jumps down is in aboslute conncetion to the scene, where he throws the guy in the RTO(this being the next scene)? 2. WHy the hell are the shots differrent in the imax trailer to those in the other trailers(i mean seriosly, check it out, it is not the same creature!). YOu guys are good at this, if someone finds a 108p proper version of the imax trailer our doubts willl be anwsered. Thanks ;)

Jenga

Jenga

E.nygma,

I noticed the same thing on Saturday night when the imax trailer came out but figured someone else would post. We know it's the mohawk the guy, the question is just how much or in what way he is affected/augmented. I still feel like he doesn't have an enlogated head. He is distorted in some way but I think the extreme motion blur is also masking his true appearance so much that people on this forum are seeing things that aren't there.

In the imax trailer version, they are clearly using either an earlier version of visual effect or an alternate take of the plate footage used in the stunt. Either way there is a visual effect going on here with wire/rig removal so neither version is an untouched original etc.

REGARDING THE SERPENT CREATURE:

Going back to the serpent creature we see slithering into the sleeve of one of the crew I think it's tail looks a lot like this older geiger painting. Its body will look A LOT like this but without the obvious "ALIEN" head and mouth:

LarsVader

I wouldn't be suprised if some of the trailer shots are deliberately edited to not give away too much or misslead us.

josh_axey

I know this an odd set of scenes to be looking at in details - but has anyone else examined the dress and faces of the people during the briefing on the ancient findings?

A few things stand out for me...

Most people are wearing Weyland khaki clothes with embroidered Weyland logo + name tag.
A few are not and are dressed in civillian looking clothes.

The person of interest for me is Fifield.

Fifield is in civillian looking clothes... except for the fact he has a few embroidered pieces of worthy mention:
A zig zag piece where most have a name, a flag looking logotype that is reminiscent of the Japanese naval or imperial military flag.
The final piece is what looks like a sectioned planet with a red dot. His clothes appear to have leaves etc printed all over.

Perhaps he is a Yutani space botanist or some such? May be the beginnings of their joint ventures, some kind of bargain struck between the two corporations in Weyland Industries best interests?

EEV-2501

All the Trailers are giving us nothing about the chronology of events in the film. Which is a good point.

red_otter

I posted about this yesterday but my MS Paint skills have since improved. Or rather, I found Paintbrush for Mac.

This is where I see mini-xeno teeth:

It may be nothing but I definitely see it so thought I'd share it. I know it's just one frame (although the others around it suggest "lip" parts opening/retracting around the teeth before dissolving into jumpy black mulch) but I'd find it an oddly coincidental CGI design if it's not meant to echo the xeno.

The point being, perhaps this nanotech (as I suspect it is) has strong proto-xeno qualities.

Tribal

Quote from: GusGavorskis on Mar 19, 2012, 07:43:11 PM
Hey guys, have you ever seen the movie "RUINS"? It has similar snake-type-creatures which go inside humans like in prometheus. Its so similar...

There's tons of movies, books and comics with little slugs entering (and changing) the host.

Remember the black oil from X-Files?

And Slither?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP-Q0O-z1bs#ws

:P

red_otter

Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 19, 2012, 11:16:48 PM
I know this an odd set of scenes to be looking at in details - but has anyone else examined the dress and faces of the people during the briefing on the ancient findings?

A few things stand out for me...

Most people are wearing Weyland khaki clothes with embroidered Weyland logo + name tag.
A few are not and are dressed in civillian looking clothes.

Fifield is in civillian looking clothes... except for the fact he has a few embroidered pieces of worthy mention:
A zig zag piece where most have a name, a flag looking logotype that is reminiscent of the Japanese naval or imperial military flag.
The final piece is what looks like a sectioned planet with a red dot. His clothes appear to have leaves etc printed all over.

Perhaps he is a Yutani space botanist or some such? May be the beginnings of their joint ventures, some kind of bargain struck between the two corporations in Weyland Industries best interests?

Hmm...interesting thought. He certainly seems to be the black sheep in the clips we've seen, the one complaining, questioning, getting p!ssed off and, ultimately, getting into serious trouble (although it seems most of them do!) It would certainly be an obvious thing for the script to explore, i.e. the dynamic that brought Weyland-Yutani together, perhaps not in altogether friendly circumstances.

Tribal

Quote from: josh_axey on Mar 19, 2012, 11:16:48 PM

Just a pic to illustrate your post  ;D

EEV-2501

I think he's a Merch.

josh_axey

Quote from: Tribal on Mar 19, 2012, 11:45:23 PM

Thanks  ;)

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 19, 2012, 11:46:47 PM
I think he's a Merch.

Possibly I guess, but I dunno with the kinda non-tough/paniced way he acts with the whole "Moving? Are these things moving!?"
But I guess that shit would be worrying even for a merc.

Theres just something about that sun crest embroidered on his shirt....

EEV-2501

EMPIRE Trailer Ananlysis. Interesting
http://www.empireonline.com/features/prometheus-trailer-breakdown-2/p1

About this shot. They say this: "As we see a cave painting in which a humanoid figure is pointing at what may be stars, Shaw has a Eureka! moment. "I think they want us to come and find them," says Shaw. Maybe... or is this another version of the rescue beacon from Alien that actually turned out to be a warning to stay away?"

josh_axey

Thats is an interesting thought.... "Stay away from these stars my children, that shit will f*ck you up!" :laugh:

ChrisPachi

Quote from: EEV-2501 on Mar 20, 2012, 12:07:08 AM
EMPIRE Trailer Ananlysis. Interesting
http://www.empireonline.com/features/prometheus-trailer-breakdown-2/p1

About this shot. They say this: "As we see a cave painting in which a humanoid figure is pointing at what may be stars, Shaw has a Eureka! moment. "I think they want us to come and find them," says Shaw. Maybe... or is this another version of the rescue beacon from Alien that actually turned out to be a warning to stay away?"

I think of the symbols as representing a challenge. The Prometheus myth is at its core about challenging the gods. Why the 'Engineers' would set such a challenge is part of the great mystery that I am dying to have answered come June.

EEV-2501

You're right but I can't get out of my mind the idea that all of this is a trap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed