Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,851 times)

ThisBethesdaSea

i don't see any hands

Vemados

If I wasn't so lazy I'd get on MS Paint and outline em for ya.

OpenMaw

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 19, 2012, 03:50:02 AM
i don't see any hands

Highlighted what I see in red.

Alienseseses

So, giant alien thing?

Vemados

Guess so. Wouldn't it be crazy if those hands actually belonged to a huge Alien that came out sometime in the movie? Doubt it tho.

echobbase79

When do you think that moment with the wall changing will take place in the movie? Reason I ask is because I assume this is when the shit starts to hit the fan.

OpenMaw

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 19, 2012, 04:16:08 AM
When do you think that moment with the wall changing will take place in the movie? Reason I ask is because I assume this is when the shit starts to hit the fan.

I'd venture it's going to take place probably fairly early on once they get into the structure and start poking about.

The Necronoir

Rather than giant creature, I'm leaning more toward the idea that what we're seeing is the iconic derelict biomechanical 'ribbing' taking over. There are shots of similar corridors both with and without the look we're all familiar with, so maybe we're finally going to see how it ends up that way: some sort of nano-biotechnological 'growth', of which the alien hive is a chaotic bastardised version.

r888

r888

Quote from: Alienseseses on Mar 19, 2012, 04:02:45 AM
So, giant alien thing?

Yes I'm also wondering this, is that space jockey hands highlighted in red

Zenomorph

Good to see they fixed the colour grade on the international trailer and made that greeny/browny stuff into red for blood
we can assume the same for the blood on the wall in the imax trailer
which means hopefully there will be some gore in this
:)

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Necronoir on Mar 19, 2012, 04:38:07 AM
Rather than giant creature, I'm leaning more toward the idea that what we're seeing is the iconic derelict biomechanical 'ribbing' taking over. There are shots of similar corridors both with and without the look we're all familiar with, so maybe we're finally going to see how it ends up that way: some sort of nano-biotechnological 'growth', of which the alien hive is a chaotic bastardised version.

What, like... smart nano armor?

deepelemblues

deepelemblues

QuoteWhat, like... smart nano armor?

i think biomechanical. instead of it just being an aesthetic for static sets and costumes which of course looked spectacular back in 1979, the technology now exists for the answer to the question "what is biomechanical?" to be far more fully fleshed out in film.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 19, 2012, 04:56:47 AM...the technology now exists for the answer to the question "what is biomechanical?" to be far more fully fleshed out in film.

^ Where does life end and technology begin? Scott and Giger have been asking us this question since 1979.

Cvalda

I'd wager a bet that the Alien-related murals on the wall are Giger's contribution to this film. They'd better be in the Art of the Film book! >:(
I wish someone had asked Ridley yesterday the full extent of Giger's involvement. Now we probably won't know til the book comes out.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 19, 2012, 05:15:01 AMI'd wager a bet that the Alien-related murals on the wall are Giger's contribution to this film.

I've been thinking on this and it doesn't look like a Giger picture to me. It's too, I don't know, 'wavy'. Of course we can't see all of it, but when held up to his other work it looks pretty bland.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed