Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,874 times)

nieves50

nieves50

HOLY F*CKING SHIT!!! ;D.......So watching it in IMAX!!!

cmdcnqr

cmdcnqr

Anyone else reminded of this? May fit in neatly with Weyland's T.E. Lawrence allusion in his TED talk.

Weyland's brief pause during the TED 2023 talk, when he recites "The gods... well you might say they overreacted a little" sends chills up my spine, making me think he knows something about the danger/SJs/xenos that await in Zeta II... I suspect that at the end of the movie there may be a 2001: A Space Odyssey moment when a vanquished crew finally sees a message from Weyland saying "guess what, your F*****, you were guinea pigs."

Just a thought.

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: ikarop on Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHcHYisZFLU#ws

Download link (1080p): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4083772/Prometheus%20-%20Official%20Full%20HD%20Trailer_AvPGalaxy.net.rar

Thanks for this Ikorop

In 1080p the visuals are absolutely stunning
It seems Ridley really has done it again, with the 'WOW' factor evident in spades

(Only slight downer is the 'unreal' 'non solid' and 'not really there' appearance of the CGI Prometheus touching down on the planet surface, as compared to the very real, solid and 'there' appearance of the Nostromo in 1979's classic flic.............but I can look past that when so much of it looks SO damn good !)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

nnnyyyyyyyyYYYYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

f**kin' fantastic trailer.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

"They're changing" "Changing into what?"

The walls are changing... and i'm forced to echo Vicker's question. Into what?

eyeballkid

eyeballkid

David discovers something tiny, and when he takes it out of the "ampule" it has grown.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 18, 2012, 01:17:08 AM

Indeed into what, something seems to be moving there, but you can't make out what it is. Could it be the ship is regenerating after a long period of not being used?
It seems these poor bastards barely get a chance to look around those rooms and boom everything goes mental.

Now i understand why they don't advertise this as a prequel. The events in this one don't lead up i think to the ones in ALIEN. it just has some ''protagonists'' from the first movie and that's about it. quite clever of them, being able to revisit that world without milking the story format of the first movie.

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 18, 2012, 01:10:39 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Mar 18, 2012, 01:06:19 AM
  Very similar feel to it [though this should actually be a good movie as event horizon is awful].

Beg to differ. Event Horizon may be flawed, but it has enough (IMO undeniable) strengths to be nowhere near awful. Apart from anything else, it was the only post-Alien-clone to actually dare to make a big-budget claustrophobic space movie with true horror elements. The production design alone was fantastic.

It is a nice looking movie if you can get over the fact they made a ship look like a gothic death trap.  I always had issue with that.  Still it is pretty. 

I still think it is a bad movie.

Then again, how many big budget films are their like that?  Event Horizon, Sunshine[which I also felt was overrated and awful], any others?  I'm drawing a blank on big budget ones....I can think of tons of cheap shitty ones....

tonton

tonton

Amazingggggggggggggggggg

I think I've had enough revealed to me though, for now.

red_otter

red_otter

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 18, 2012, 12:41:37 AM
Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 18, 2012, 12:38:02 AM
QuoteI wish people would stop trying to find the literal ties to the Alien creature itself. The Mural thing, which is only vaguely similar beyond being gigerian or gigeresque... We're not going to see something and have it fan-wankily be "The Proton Chestburster." Why oh why can't we enjoy the idea of new things?

I have to disagree... saying the Mural thing is only vaguely beyond being Gigerian is like saying Necronom IV is only vaguely similar beyond being Gigerian. That's a carving of the xenomorph on the wall there. The arms, the chest, the legs, all identical, the only thing difference is that the head is shaped more broadly.

Hence my use of the term "vague." Just having the smooth shape there to imply the head means this is a vague carving of the alien. Which is much the connection Prometheus will have to Alien in terms of the actual creature. It's a vague ghost. The important bits that relate to Alien are going to take us in a very different direction. People keep pushing to try and find a phalic-headed creature roaming around bleeding acid on things. It's just not going to happen. That shape on the wall is like a faded memory. It's there to say "remember how nasty this thing was? Just imagine what else this race of engineers can conjure up."

I don't think that's the really relevant point, though. One of the biggest concerns of people posting has been about the fact the xenomorph was really just a mutated person/jockey/bio-tech hybrid in some way. This seems to confirm that the xenomorph is a true alien that exists separately to humans - if they're finding it on the wall of an ancient civilization it's obviously a pre-existing thing. Which is both good news but also rather puzzling.

I mean if the xeno pre-exists (and for me, that is clearly a picture of a xeno) then is the mutation stuff that seems to be the body of the plot (at least going by the trailers so far) entirely separate? Is the xeno issue rather tangential to the main plot of Prometheus? I suppose that comes back to the central "is this a prequel or isn't it"? question ultimately...

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

i  haven't even finished watching it and i'm buzzing

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SiL on Mar 18, 2012, 01:09:03 AMAnd it was headed for Earth! Dun dun duuuun.

The trailer seems to suggest that the crew are lead there by some multi-millennial master plan, similar to 2001. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but there is still the question of why? I will reserve judgement, it could go far deeper than just the Jockeys being alien invaders.

hardcorps54

hardcorps54

Quote from: OpenMaw on Mar 18, 2012, 01:17:08 AM

i am gonna guess thats where the "alien" image appears

duckman5150

duckman5150

I am on overload today. How f'in awesome... Dudes, from what Scott says about the surprise scene and him being embarrassed, there's no way they are going to be able to edit this down to a PG-13. I'll be shocked if they do.

P.S. I Think the Xeno ceiling relief was thrown in as a raspberry. There's no way that fox woulda thrown that in if it had any real significance.

Deuterium

Deuterium

Okay, I will be the voice in the wilderness.  I can't say as this is a surprise...as there has been enough hints from previous interviews and quotes, but now there is no question that the premise of this film is very much based on the Von Daniken "ancient astronauts" stuff.  Heck, Holloway and Shaw confirm that at the beginning of the trailer, with all the talk of ancient artifacts and "clues", which lead them to believe that they are being given an "invitation" to visit some glorified extraterrestrial party.

I'm sure the film has the potential to be awesome...but I really am not a fan of this concedpt, because I feel it marginalizes our humanity and history.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed