Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 761,223 times)

Alien³

Alien³

My money is on here...

Quote from: SM on Aug 01, 2017, 10:49:11 PM
But they're smaller and faster than the Queen.  They could've taken Ripley and Newt out in seconds and neither Hicks nor Bishop would be able to stop them.

This is all speculation obviously but at that time there's only the Queen, one big facehugger and the egg remaining. I imagine the Queen ordering the facehugger to hide the egg while she deals with the thing that destroy her hive. Much in the same way she orders the aliens to back down from their advancement on Ripley in the hive.

They're smaller and faster but the risk isn't worth it when the Queen is already battling them.

Quote from: Vermillion on Aug 01, 2017, 02:03:50 AM
Pot needs a stirring. Lol

Stirred enough for ya?

SM

SM

QuoteMy money is on here...

Oh, that's right.  On the dropship.

Alien³

Alien³

Interesting. Got anything to back that up?

SM

SM

Alien³

Alien³

Oh yeah the menu! Totally overlooked that.

So we've established where it hid the egg. Nice.

SM

SM

Or indeed, didn't actually need to hide it at all since it just stayed where it was.

Alien³

Alien³

A hidden egg either way.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Unfortunately it being in the dropship forces us to believe Ripley wouldn't have a thorough look around inside the dropship after the Queen came out, which is total nonsense.

"Glad that stowaway murderous egg-layer has been dealt with! Anyway, bedtime..."

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

What a shame that this point is f**ked up any way you look at it from, because the opening sequence in Alien 3 is otherwise superbly made.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 02, 2017, 12:35:28 PM
Unfortunately it being in the dropship forces us to believe Ripley wouldn't have a thorough look around inside the dropship after the Queen came out, which is total nonsense.

"Glad that stowaway murderous egg-layer has been dealt with! Anyway, bedtime..."

This is why I'm still on board with the WYR's "egg-forming material" having been leaked (or "flung") to an area where Ripley either wouldn't look, was too small to notice and/or seemed harmless enough that she could easily overlook it as a potential threat.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 02, 2017, 12:35:28 PM

Does anyone know how long she was consciously awake from the time of the facehugger attack from Burke tho? The human body does get nutty and disoriented after severe lack of sleep.

Alien³

Alien³

I agree, it would be stupid of her not to look over or scan the ship somehow, but as far as she could tell the queen needed an egg sack to lay eggs.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

"Scan the ship" with what?  They had cameras and motion trackers, not tricorders.

Alien³

Alien³

Scanning a ship doesn't necessarily require some high tech wizz-bizz. Scan with their eyes and a torch.

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 02, 2017, 02:28:31 PM
it would be stupid of her not to look over or scan the ship somehow,

Guess my wording was a little off. 'and' instead of 'or'.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 02, 2017, 02:45:19 PM
Scanning a ship doesn't necessarily require some high tech wizz-bizz. Scan with their eyes and a torch.

Which makes it more conceivable that she could have missed the egg even if she performed a deliberate search.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed