Egg on Sulaco

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 733,703 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

So you're saying that Randy was right all along?

Kradan

Kradan

This is like saying that Satan was right all along

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Dec 25, 2022, 02:25:20 AMmost sensible explanation for the egg is another story set between Aliens and Alien 3 that we haven't seen yet.

The most sensible explanation is still that the writers didn't give enough of a shit to do anything that makes any logical sense, and y'all just gotta live with it

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

In 4K we won't have to.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 30, 2022, 08:00:32 PMIn 4K we won't have to.
In 4K we get to see alllllll the details of the superhugger, and its non existent egg.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Oh the classic thread revived  ;D I missed that one. While we're at it, it is interesting that Dark Horse never tried to come up with a backstory for this. While in this situation I believe its impossible to crwate a completely plausible explanation, Im sure theyd come up with something pretty good. Man I loved those DH comics

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

On the subject of the superhugger... here's a theory... a lot earlier in this thread someone suggested that the intro had to be a fever dream in hypersleep, as we see a regular hugger in the intro, a regular hugger leaving the EEV (theatrical cut) but then a superhugger in abattoir (assembly cut)..what if they are in fact one in the same, and it is simply a regular hugger..

Ok, so just for a moment, let's disregard the expanded media of the time, and just go by what we have actually seen in the movies.. up until Alien 3, we've seen only two successful facehugs.. Kane and Russ Jordan.. both sprung immediately from an ovomorph onto the host..the huggers in the medlab were all dead baring two that were surgically removed before embryo implantation... and once released, they were in close proximity of human hosts.

There's absolutely nothing in the movies that say a hugger *cant* undergo metamorphosis just like an adult Xenomorph does.. we simply choose to believe that is the case: which got me thinking - The Space Jockey on LV-426... before a concept of 'Engineers' or it being human in a suit..how did a hugger from an ovomorph in the derelict fit on a head that size...likewise, how did a human-head sized hugger also wrap around an ox? This got me thinking of how adaptable the xeno is, and also reminded me of the early alien 3 concept art of the 'aquatic hugger' - many traits including the webbed-legs carrying over into the final superhugger design...

So here's the theory: there were in fact two facehuggers as many who prefer the theatrical cut suggest, the one that impregnated Ripley and died (it's carcass still on the Sulaco) and the second hugger that hitched a ride on the EEV (as shown in the screen used models) - the EEV crashes into the sea, the interior of the EEV flooding - the hugger, adapting to its environment, sheds its skin in the same way a chestburster does,(losing its larval colouring as per a chestburster) growing a little larger like any molting animal and gains the webbed legs to suit the aquatic environment / swim ashore. In its new larger/armored state, it's able to target a larger host - one of the ox, which it does so later back at the prison (which is why nobody sees it happen) - so there is no superhugger .. just a regular hugger that adapted to its environment and prey to ensure embryo implantation. (Yes it's that time of the night where I have too much free time and my mind wanders, can you tell?) 😂

kwisatz

kwisatz

EGG ON SULACO POPPING

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

@Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 12, 2020, 07:03:43 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 12, 2018, 03:23:13 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 14, 2017, 01:42:28 PMMy theory is that it started out as the regular-looking version we saw crawling around on the Sulaco.  Then it grew armor, spikes and webbing to adapt to its hostile aquatic environment following the EEV's splashdown.

It would only need to do this in the AC because Ripley was ejected from the EEV and washed up on the beach.  In the theatrical edition, she remained in her cryotube.

It's even conceivable that the facehugger actually saved Ripley from drowning in the AC.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 12, 2020, 07:03:43 AMIt's even conceivable that the facehugger actually saved Ripley from drowning in the AC.

Holy shit, I've never thought of it that way. If you can come up with something like this then you surely can reach a consensus

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Well I always assumed the facehugger had something to do with Ripley surviving. Its unbelievably way over convenient to miraculously have the main protagonist survive a crash that chops everyone else

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I always figured the facehugger was the reason she didn't drown when Newt did.

judge death

judge death

That theory is several years old, cant remember who made it but its in one of the earlier posts in this thread, and is to me what happened, else she would had drown as she was still knocked out when the EEV crashed in the water.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I can just imagine the little guy sprouting webs and towing Ripley to shore with its tail.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 03, 2023, 06:01:46 PMI can just imagine the little guy sprouting webs and towing Ripley to shore with its tail.
Lol. xD More likely: its attached to her and like kane etc it supplies her with air and human bodies floats so just a matter of time before she is washed up on shore. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed