Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 79,464 times)

SM

When you're talking about collected volumes, how many pages are we talking?  DH generally does 4 issue collections, sometimes 6.  Do the Marvel collections collect more issues?

Russ840

Russ840

Yeah marvel do some huge volumes. Comparable to Big Damn Sin City but much more expensive. I just picked up a 1200 page spidey book. Retails at £105. I paid £70 to be fair. But big damn sin city I paid £45. It's a larger trim size and more pages. Thicker paper.

Marvel put out story arc trades of each title that are between 5-7 issues they cost around £20. Standard trim size and paperback. A few years back Darkhorse did a reprint, in hardcover, sewn and recoloured of The Terminator vs Robocop. I paid £8 new. It retailed at about £20.

For me there is no competition there.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 04:58:56 AMPredator already pwnd the X-Men.

Ooh, what's that from?

Corporal Hicks

I'm thinking Deadliest of Species?

Russ840

Yeah. That's the comic it's from.

SM

And Batman.  Predator walks between many universes.

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Dec 04, 2017, 10:00:04 AM
And Batman.  Predator walks between many universes.

One of the better crossovers that one.

SM

SM

In DOTS - el diablo que hace el trofeo de Batman. ;D

Russ840

HuDaFuK

I keep meaning to read Bats v Predator. I've got it all in the copies of Total Carnage I own, I've just never got around to reading it.

Corporal Hicks

I recently picked up the collected edition that DC and DH put out and re-read them for the first time in donkeys. I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed them! They were all really well put together stories.

SM

I liked what they did with the first A v Batman and A v Superman series.  Don't recall reading any others.

Russ840

Batman V Aliens
Robocop Vs The Terminator
Aliens Versus Predator

I think these are the only crossovers I really like.

Xenomrph

I much preferred the original 'Batman vs Predator' out of any of the Batman crossovers, although 'Batman vs Aliens' is okay. Batman vs Predator 2 and 3 have their moments (like the Predator being unable to see Mr. Freeze in thermal vision, that was clever) but on the whole they're not as good as the original.

The original Judge Dredd crossovers were a good time (l liked the Aliens one more than the Predator one); I have the trade paperback for the new series but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I remember Green Lantern vs Aliens being pretty neat and I've been meaning to re-read it.

The Top Cow half of the Witchblade/Darkness/Aliens/Predator crossover is entertaining, mostly because the Top Cow writers and artists fully embraced how ridiculous the crossover was and just dialed the insanity to 11 because who really cares. The Dark Horse half of the crossover took itself really seriously and, uh, the results weren't good.

Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator is real bad - it's one of the few series that I don't have every issue for. Every once in a while the completionist in me says "hey, maybe you should complete the series", and then I'll re-read the issues I have and remember why I don't.

Russ840

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 07, 2017, 01:43:26 AM
I much preferred the original 'Batman vs Predator' out of any of the Batman crossovers, although 'Batman vs Aliens' is okay. Batman vs Predator 2 and 3 have their moments (like the Predator being unable to see Mr. Freeze in thermal vision, that was clever) but on the whole they're not as good as the original.

The original Judge Dredd crossovers were a good time (l liked the Aliens one more than the Predator one); I have the trade paperback for the new series but haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I remember Green Lantern vs Aliens being pretty neat and I've been meaning to re-read it.

The Top Cow half of the Witchblade/Darkness/Aliens/Predator crossover is entertaining, mostly because the Top Cow writers and artists fully embraced how ridiculous the crossover was and just dialed the insanity to 11 because who really cares. The Dark Horse half of the crossover took itself really seriously and, uh, the results weren't good.

Aliens vs Predator vs Terminator is real bad - it's one of the few series that I don't have every issue for. Every once in a while the completionist in me says "hey, maybe you should complete the series", and then I'll re-read the issues I have and remember why I don't.

Just bin the issues you already own and ignore it's existence lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed