Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 139,017 times)

Hudson

Hudson

Afghanistan is actually a pretty good idea as far as variety goes.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 05, 2013, 12:34:18 AM
No, you're not. You're just keeping with the formula of what makes the creature/antagonist what it is. That's the purpose it serves; bringing us closer to our own primal beast.

A war setting would be ideal for that. I say desert because it can be tied into the war in Afghanistan or Iraq.

Master Chief

Do the two opposing forces team up to kill the Predator?

Hudson

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 13, 2013, 06:31:19 PM
Do the two opposing forces team up to kill the Predator?

Yeah...Taliban and US forces team up. 

If you wanted to turn the film into another sappy "people need to work together" vehicle, then that would be your best route I guess.

Master Chief

Haha. Doom like thost types of movies.

DoomRulz

Master Chief

Was teasing.

Would the Predator prefer to hunt the US troops over the Iraq/Afghan troops? Or would it be similar to P2 and it just hunts everyone with a gun?

Hudson

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 13, 2013, 06:53:15 PM
Was teasing.

Would the Predator prefer to hunt the US troops over the Iraq/Afghan troops? Or would it be similar to P2 and it just hunts everyone with a gun?

Instead of the Predator picking a single target it'd be interesting for two guys to be hunting each other. Imagine if there was a Chris Kyle type who's squad got killed by a Taliban group and he was left alone to hunt down the rest of them, including maybe one "elite" guy or something.

It'd be interesting for the Predator to be hunting two different guys who were hunting each other.

TheMonolith

The whole people working together idea is not inherently sappy, it is just often done in a sappy way.
Look at the original Precinct 13. That movie is all about convicts and cops teaming up to defeat a street gang, but it is pure concentrated badass.
I will agree however, it is a tight rope to walk.

SIMULANT

How about the moon or one of the colonies referred to in alien.

Shake and bake colony.

i know its already been done in games, books and comics.

Why not a film or a TV series even.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SIMULANT on Aug 14, 2013, 03:22:14 AMHow about the moon or one of the colonies referred to in alien.

Shake and bake colony.
Actually, making a Predator movie set in the Alien universe - but without specifically referencing the Alien films - could be an interesting way to do it.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hudson on Aug 13, 2013, 08:57:45 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 13, 2013, 06:53:15 PM
Was teasing.

Instead of the Predator picking a single target it'd be interesting for two guys to be hunting each other. Imagine if there was a Chris Kyle type who's squad got killed by a Taliban group and he was left alone to hunt down the rest of them, including maybe one "elite" guy or something.

It'd be interesting for the Predator to be hunting two different guys who were hunting each other.

I think Chief's idea is simpler to execute but I like yours better. I think there'd be more potential with it.

Master Chief

I'd be curious to see how that scenario plays out. Now this has wondering how the Predator will reveal itsellf. Will it just watch and see what happens? Will it assist the lone soldier who lost his men by eliminating outside interference? It may look like it's helping, but the Predator still needs to have his fun too, I suppose. ;)

Hudson

Quote from: Master Chief on Aug 14, 2013, 01:49:53 PM
I'd be curious to see how that scenario plays out. Now this has wondering how the Predator will reveal itsellf. Will it just watch and see what happens? Will it assist the lone soldier who lost his men by eliminating outside interference? It may look like it's helping, but the Predator still needs to have his fun too, I suppose. ;)

I think an interesting final fight would be the two humans in a stand off, and the Predator thrown into the mix. But, neither human teams up with the Predator and they're both fighting each other, then they have a third party to contend with at the same time but don't want to work together.

Terx2

I'm just imagining the predators cloaking malfunctioning in a sandstorm. Damn sand always getting evrywhere ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed