Recent posts

Quote from: Neila on Today at 11:49:36 AMThe term Xenomorph is made up of ancient Greek for "stranger" or "alien" and for "shape" or "form", while Yautja is just a fantasy name.

Yea sounds cooler so I accept.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by oduodu - Today at 11:56:24 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 07:03:45 AMTellingly they both die in their last acts of seeming absolution. The only price high enough to pay to redeem themselves is their lives in exchange for countless others - and even that might not be quite enough.

sil

your ability to use the english language is phenominal. you should write a novel or something.

#cough#

essay about burke not working alone...........

*cough*

sorry off topic.

lol
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 11:52:42 AM
In Fede we trust. 😁👍
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Author Steve Perry Talks O...
Last post by Neila - Today at 11:49:36 AM
The term Xenomorph is made up of ancient Greek for "stranger" or "alien" and for "shape" or "form", while Yautja is just a fantasy name.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by SM - Today at 11:46:01 AM
Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 10:58:04 AMMan, as someone familiar with the ins and outs of the Alien fan edit, I gotta admit these narrative changes are disappointing.

Alien 3, apart from maybe Covenant, is the only Alien movie that actively does not care if you like it. It's divisive, it's mean, and it's ruthless in how much it wants to get that across to viewers. And I think that's a large part of what makes it a great film. Over the years it's become second to the original for me.

While I can understand why you'd want to make Dillon someone to root for - the point is that you can't, or rather, shouldn't. His acts of redemption throughout the film don't make him a good person - just a better person than he once was. And if you can leave this plane of existence a better person than you were before you were pitted against the scariest, most gruesome creature in the galaxy, well that just shows you how hopeful Alien 3 also is! To echo what's been said, the worst of the worst saved the galaxy in Alien 3, with Ripley being their guiding light of redemption.

I do hope that the editor rethinks the narrative decisions, because the color corrected effects in the 4k package would've made this the definitive edition for me.

We root for Dillon because he moved beyond his past and is the spiritual leader, guiding the others and generally keeping the peace.
I'm happy with them making solo films for the time being. The reputation of both franchises is on the up. Prey is solid. Romulus is hopefully as good. Once they have another solid foundation I'd be willing to see another mashup with a worthy story.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Neila - Today at 11:25:08 AM
Thanks so much for the video Mike.

My goodness, what a crappy idea!!!

Thank you FOX for pulling the plug and putting an end to this nonsense!!!

Did Sigourney actually say she thought the idea was great???
or did she not know any details???

It was interesting to see how things developed back then.
At first it was said that Ripley and Hicks and Newt were coming back, which made many fans (especially those who didn't like A3) scream with joy.

The first concept drawings actually looked interesting, but when I saw the xeno suit I realized that it was crap.
Unfortunately, there were only a few fans who became skeptical and the majority were still panting for the "real Aliens sequel".

ALIEN 3 IS THE SEQUEL and it should stay that way!!!

Personally, I even think the 4-armed Big Chap sucks.
I found the sets and environments quite interesting, and most of the costumes were fine.
But everything that had to do with the alien was shitty and headed in a disastrous direction.

Further proof that so many directors can tell me how much they love the Alien franchise, but end up ruining everything.

I hope that Fede finally teaches us something better.

Alien Films / Re: Alien 45th Anniversary: A ...
Last post by Nightmare Asylum - Today at 11:24:08 AM
"Thank you so much for this conversation Sir Ridley. Is there anything you'd like to say to anyone watching?"

"No."
I have good faith that this movie can surpass Fury Road. If it does, my god that will be something to die for.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed