Aliens: What if…

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 21, 2023, 03:08:24 AM

Author
Aliens: What if… (Read 12,409 times)

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 07, 2024, 03:58:31 PMIt might have just been a coincidental explosion at the same time.
I also had a chance to glance through this, it is insane.
And besides the deleted Burke cocoon scene, you could make a case that it's not a "What if", but it actually all happened.

Then it would definitely retcon Dark Mother, and I think we can all agree that that's a good thing.

chromhart

chromhart

I was totally surprised! I haven't read a really good Alien comic in years! It was great!

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 07, 2024, 02:40:38 PM
Spoiler
that must be a really strong grenade to have reached all the way over from the colony to the processor and jolted Burke out of the resin like that...
[close]

Wait, you mean

Spoiler
the one Gorman used ?
[close]

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

At first, I thought this story was going to be shoe horned in plot and just be another unnecessary addition to the series but now I'm looking forward to the next issue. Everything here fits into place actually and has no conflict with other established films and stories.

Spoiler
It's interesting how Burke had a sudden change of heart of taking the "merciful" route of giving Ripley and the rest a chance of survival on Fury 161 when he was very willing to have them impregnated by the xenomorphs.

Burke taking the fall for WY when their plans for taking an egg for them and the destruction of LV426 is such a WY thing to do and a Burke thing to happen to him.

How taking a xenomorph, even an egg, back to Earth is strongly emphasized as game over for humanity. It's a nice welcome of respecting the xenomorph threat where recent stories just have them pop up on Earth like its not a really huge deal.

Seems like humanity is now publicly aware of the xenomorph threat where in past stories its just hear say and bar room stories, with Burke now seen as an outright traitor of humanity. Goddamm he really is that one dude huh
[close]

Looking at the ending, wonder what is he going to do with that? Feels like I can't get a read on his moral center and goals, which is a good thing, it keeps me on my toes for now and I hope it pays off. 

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I can't believe that "insane" is being used so often to describe a Burke What If comic, I'm gonna have to check this out!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Wweyland on Mar 07, 2024, 03:58:31 PMIt might have just been a coincidental explosion at the same time.

Might have been! But that's not how the comic feels that moment is being portrayed.

QuoteAnd besides the deleted Burke cocoon scene, you could make a case that it's not a "What if", but it actually all happened.

Aside from the above about the grenade, I completely agree with you. They did a fantastic job making this feel like it could slot into what actually happened.

Quote from: Kradan on Mar 07, 2024, 08:03:28 PM
Spoiler
that must be a really strong grenade to have reached all the way over from the colony to the processor and jolted Burke out of the resin like that...
[close]

Wait, you mean

Spoiler
the one Gorman used ?
[close]

Yep!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

My eyes nearly rolled out of my head at...

Spoiler
the Mr. Yutani stuff.
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 08, 2024, 08:08:45 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Mar 07, 2024, 08:03:28 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Wait, you mean

Spoiler
the one Gorman used ?
[close]

Yep!

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 07, 2024, 03:32:05 PM...wat.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Also, did Terry Crews lend his likeness here? I must admit, the real interesting part is in the first half of the first issue, the 30 years later stuff is not that captivating.

SM

SM

If this wasn't What If I'd say it was garbage.

Spoiler
The whole concept of the Hadley incident taking down the entire Company, Burke complaining about drifting in space forever - it's three weeks to get home, moustache twirly Yutani, the woman at the call centre knowing all about Burke and the colony and Aliens despite Yutani saying 'no one can know!' and there being an NDA, Burke saying he couldn't kill Ripley and the others - a couple of hours after he tried to Ripley and the others, Burke not mentioning maybe check out the whole ass ship he told the colonists to check out as a bargaining chip, 'The Outer Zeta 2 Reticuli' wut, William Gorman?

Not being tied to continuity mercifully means it could have a cool story, but as far as being true to the characters and setting - f**k me...
[close]

Wweyland

Wweyland

Does the company ship look like the Patna lander from the Alien 3 comic?

SM

SM

I don't think there was a Patna lander in the Alien 3 comic.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SM on Mar 08, 2024, 09:44:46 PMIf this wasn't What If I'd say it was garbage.

Spoiler
The whole concept of the Hadley incident taking down the entire Company, Burke complaining about drifting in space forever - it's three weeks to get home, moustache twirly Yutani, the woman at the call centre knowing all about Burke and the colony and Aliens despite Yutani saying 'no one can know!' and there being an NDA, Burke saying he couldn't kill Ripley and the others - a couple of hours after he tried to Ripley and the others, Burke not mentioning maybe check out the whole ass ship he told the colonists to check out as a bargaining chip, 'The Outer Zeta 2 Reticuli' wut, William Gorman?

Not being tied to continuity mercifully means it could have a cool story, but as far as being true to the characters and setting - f**k me...
[close]

How did you like the...

Spoiler
real-time interstellar communication between Burke and Yutani?  Is that a thing that happens in any of the Alien films?
[close]

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 09, 2024, 08:53:09 PMHow did you like the...

Spoiler
real-time interstellar communication between Burke and Yutani?  Is that a thing that happens in any of the Alien films?
[close]

Think it happens between Andrews and W-Y in A3, particularly the scene in which he informs the Company about Ripley, but I haven't seen it in a while.

SiL

SiL

They get fast responses later in the movie when the Patna is en route

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed