If we do not get a sequel to Covenant

Started by Huggs, May 05, 2019, 12:53:27 AM

Author
If we do not get a sequel to Covenant (Read 14,361 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Jun 02, 2019, 10:45:01 PM
Quote from: SM on Jun 02, 2019, 10:25:39 PM
Considering the Engineers were running away from something towards the ampule room, no, the safe bet is it didn't start there.

That and none of them are open.

Supposition. They could've also been running there in an attempt to contain the outbreak, but this is supposition also. Either way I can buy into the worms being a byproduct of atmosphere processing.

Anyone know if the script adds any caveats regarding the worms?

Yup, the consequences of the outbreak can be noticed outside the ampule room, making it difficult to conclude where everything started in the first place. So, I think nobody was safe (not even inside the ship) and maybe the last Engineer was just a lucky bastard.

SM

SM

I'm not sure they gave it that much attention. There were the other worms that got cut that Millburn found that looked to be swimming in black goo too.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 02, 2019, 10:59:06 PM
So, I think nobody was safe (not even inside the ship) and maybe the last Engineer was just a lucky bastard.

He might have slept towards the whole thing. Woke up with no idea what had happened with uneducated primates whining at him.

In Fire and Stone/Life and Death its shown other Engineers also were left on stasis there for some reason. Maybe the Engineers do shift work and it was their time to take a break. Then shit hit the fan and there were stuck on their nap time.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: SM on Jun 02, 2019, 11:03:28 PM
I'm not sure they gave it that much attention. There were the other worms that got cut that Millburn found that looked to be swimming in black goo too.

IIRC, this happens during a scene where Holloway mentions the terraforming, in a place where there is a giant hole in the ground.

Also, I think the "black goo" is in fact Martian pee (a type of collagen or sediment according to Milburn). But seriously, you can see water and wet falling from a tunnel or something like that.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Jun 02, 2019, 11:12:42 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jun 02, 2019, 10:59:06 PM
So, I think nobody was safe (not even inside the ship) and maybe the last Engineer was just a lucky bastard.

He might have slept towards the whole thing. Woke up with no idea what had happened with uneducated primates whining at him.

In Fire and Stone/Life and Death its shown other Engineers also were left on stasis there for some reason. Maybe the Engineers do shift work and it was their time to take a break. Then shit hit the fan and there were stuck on their nap time.

Maybe the not so lucky Engineers were also finishing their work for a break...

SM

SM

QuoteBut seriously, you can see water and wet falling from a tunnel or something like that.

Yeah I know but the liquid looks a lot like the black goo.  I don't think it is the goo - and it's moot anyway since it got cut.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SM on Jun 02, 2019, 11:03:28 PM
I'm not sure they gave it that much attention.

Highland

I figured the worms were in fact put there by the Engineers as the domes are mini terraforming areas. You need worms to treat the soil.

Also the urns spill out infecting the worms when they enter the room, is that what you guys are talking about?

bb-15

Quote from: Highland on Jun 03, 2019, 02:30:45 AM
I figured the worms were in fact put there by the Engineers as the domes are mini terraforming areas. You need worms to treat the soil.

Also the urns spill out infecting the worms when they enter the room, is that what you guys are talking about?

What I think is being mentioned is that there are worms in the tunnels (deleted scene).
The Engineers having worms in the soil makes sense.

Then I believe the worms got tracked into the sculpture/shrine room by the boots of the human crew. The worms interacted with the black goo from the urns & that = the Hammerpede.

;)

Highland

Quote from: bb-15 on Jun 15, 2019, 01:06:23 AM
Quote from: Highland on Jun 03, 2019, 02:30:45 AM

What I think is being mentioned is that there are worms in the tunnels (deleted scene).
The Engineers having worms in the soil makes sense.

Then I believe the worms got tracked into the sculpture/shrine room by the boots of the human crew. The worms interacted with the black goo from the urns & that = the Hammerpede.

;)

That's not really what I thought. I thought the worms are populated inside the dome ( all over for the air etc), they were always in the ampule room, but the ampules become unstable because the humans open the door then the stuff spilled on the floor.

Doesn't really explain why the Engineer was running in there mind you, maybe he was just bricking it and that was the first door he came too.

Baron Von Marlon

I think originally the outbreak would've happened kinda like this

Or a smaller scale variation on the bombing scene.
But because they're wearing suits, the end result looks different.

The Old One

The Old One

I believe so.

FenGiddel

I often wonder what grand bio-tech hazard warnings might've been triggered, à la the holo David activated. 

The Old One

The Old One

We'll likely never know. The bombing of Planet 4 showed nothing of the sort.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed