Recent posts

Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 05:47:04 PM
Quote from: St_Eddie on Today at 05:12:49 PM
Quote from: ConfusedAlien on Today at 03:04:19 AMIf this movie was basically District 9 but with aliens, than I am fine with this being cancelled.

Every movie that Blomkamp has made since District 9 (aside from Gran Turismo) is just District 9, but not as good.  He's a one trick pony.
So he's like Paul Anderson, with Event horizon
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by xeno_alpha_07 - Today at 05:32:09 PM
Star Trek: The motion Picture -Theatrical Cut.
Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 05:30:03 PM
Quote from: Project A34K on Today at 04:58:41 PMHi everyone,

Your comments have all been taken on board and you made strong arguments. The line of dialogue explaining Dillon's backstory is being added back in. This isn't caving to pressure, you genuinely changed my mind.

Thanks for the feedback.

:o

Then I hereby retract my earlier criticism.
Last post by BringbackJonesy! - Today at 05:21:59 PM
I see this particular project is getting some pushback over certain choices.  But that's the thing with 'fan edits' in general, they're mainly done with the fan editor's own wishes in mind, no matter what anyone else thinks.  Looks like he's done some neat effects tweaks and re-grading work on it so far however, so good luck to him.

But for those like myself who prefer the 'dog-burster' footage over the 'ox' in an 'Assembly Cut', there's already the excellent Alien 3: Third Cut edit by 15MaF which retains the character moments as they are.  And he's done some neat tweaks along the way too, where re-grading is concerned.  Definitely my go-to version - https://ifdb.fanedit.org/alien-3-third-cut/ 
Alien-Predator Games / Re: Survios and 20th Century G...
Last post by RidgeTop - Today at 05:17:07 PM
I'm still rocking my Gen 1 Oculus Rift. Plays fine with Steam VR but I am curious about more recent headsets.
Alien 5 / Re: Alien V - Facts and Rumors...
Last post by St_Eddie - Today at 05:12:49 PM
Quote from: ConfusedAlien on Today at 03:04:19 AMIf this movie was basically District 9 but with aliens, than I am fine with this being cancelled.

Every movie that Blomkamp has made since District 9 (aside from Gran Turismo) is just District 9, but not as good.  He's a one trick pony.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: Tron 3
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 05:02:14 PM
Great.  Now, how about Bruce?  I want some Tron in my Tron movie this time.

Reminds me of this video of some Texas parents who took their kids to see it back in '79.

I particularly find hilarious the dad who's reasoning was "I think my son should see this cause things like that could happen in life, it could be a true story"
Last post by Project A34K - Today at 04:58:41 PM
Hi everyone,

Your comments have all been taken on board and you made strong arguments. The line of dialogue explaining Dillon's backstory is being added back in. This isn't caving to pressure, you genuinely changed my mind.

Thanks for the feedback.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed