The Predator Full Trailer

Started by Gazz, Jun 26, 2018, 12:52:23 PM

Author
The Predator Full Trailer (Read 62,921 times)

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Quote from: Original Predator on Jun 29, 2018, 02:31:25 PM
Would love a Dutch and Harrigan mention/ode, someway somehow.
Only as a reference, anything more would be considered a fan service and not a good one in my book.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I think Busey will give a good info dump to Munn, that secene will probably be where we get references to older movies.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 29, 2018, 06:02:57 PM
I think Busey will give a good info dump to Munn, that secene will probably be where we get references to older movies.

It would've been cool to have Arnold do a voice-only cameo. The characters could listen to a recording of Dutch being debriefed about what happened with the predator. Maybe it could be some bootleg copy one of the loonies has. There would be no need to film anything with Arnold but he'd still technically be there and we'd still get references to the old movies.

Original Predator

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 29, 2018, 07:43:55 PM

It would've been cool to have Arnold do a voice-only cameo. The characters could listen to a recording of Dutch being debriefed about what happened with the predator. Maybe it could be some bootleg copy one of the loonies has. There would be no need to film anything with Arnold but he'd still technically be there and we'd still get references to the old movies.

This would "trigger" a lot of people.  Because it would be something for the "old" fans and would ruin the entire movie. And also be a disservice to the Predator evolution.

frenchfries

frenchfries

quick spoilery question to those that have read the script...does the upgrade get defeated in a satisfying way? one thing that disappointed me about predators was how easily the "super predators" were defeated.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Looks generic as hell. B-class movie. And that joke about vagina is pathetic. I'm just judging the trailer. Who knows, movie might be good.

This looks horrible.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: frenchfries on Jun 29, 2018, 08:55:49 PM
quick spoilery question to those that have read the script...does the upgrade get defeated in a satisfying way? one thing that disappointed me about predators was how easily the "super predators" were defeated.

Since a lot of the final act has been reshot, we don't even know if it'll happen like it was initially planned but
Spoiler
the final fight is a 3 vs 1 : the kid, his dad and the scientist woman. Each one of them do some damage to the upgrade, the kid activates a shield from the pred ship that cuts off one of his arms because he was leaning on the shell, the woman cuts off his "hair" which disorientates him, and the kid's dad uses the severed pred arm to shoot arrows from it, after having added an explosive device on it, which blows up the upgrade. After that, he finishes him off on the ground with a gunshot in the eye. All of this happen in the florida swamps.
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Original Predator on Jun 29, 2018, 08:46:33 PM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 29, 2018, 07:43:55 PM

This would "trigger" a lot of people.  Because it would be something for the "old" fans and would ruin the entire movie. And also be a disservice to the Predator evolution.

They'd live. It's just a movie. And one about aliens from outer space for goodness sakes. It isn't exactly The Good Shepherd or Dunkirk.

The beserkers from Predators, this new upgrade/hybrid predator, and any notion of working with humans are easily some of the biggest disservices that have been done to the predator franchise thus far.

I don't think 5 or 6 words heard playing in the background during an interrogation scene should be that big of a deal.

The Wolverine Predator

Yeah I'm thinking that's gonna happen as well

Highland

Highland

What if the Predator is just about to kill someone and Key's jumps in front with Robot legs and shouts "I'm back"

Happened to Darth Maul.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

And then he get's cut in half and says "Ohhhh nnnnooo... Not again!"

Huggs

Huggs

I just figured when Olivia is looking at the predator masks behind glass, the camera will keep panning to the left until you see Gary's head sitting there like one of the masks. That's when jr. will say, "and this is dad". Gary's eyes pop open, and he floats out to meet them on a tiny little hovering space platter. Then he takes her on a tour of the whole place and shows off all the cool predator gadgets while constantly saying "remarkable weaponry".

Actual Hybrid

Actual Hybrid

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 30, 2018, 04:14:24 AM
I just figured when Olivia is looking at the predator masks behind glass, the camera will keep panning to the left until you see Gary's head sitting there like one of the masks. That's when jr. will say, "and this is dad". Gary's eyes pop open, and he floats out to meet them on a tiny little hovering space platter. Then he takes her on a tour of the whole place and shows off all the cool predator gadgets while constantly saying "remarkable weaponry".

Lol! Wtf?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 30, 2018, 04:14:24 AM

And then he tries to sell Olivia an Amazon firestick?

Highland

Highland

Keyes voice over.

"The Super Predator, spliced with Lions, Tigers and Bears"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed