Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 76,982 times)

Perfect-Organism

I was wondering when that would happen!   ;D  Now he's going to come back to do a sequel for sure.

426Buddy

It's unfortunate that he resorted to working as a comic artist for Marvel. Poor guy never recovered after Alien3. :laugh:

Engineer

God damn I hate sci fied lol

j0nesy

j0nesy

:laugh: first time i've visited a scified page in years, nice to see that user with the gonzo avatar is still posting in every single thread on that board

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 05, 2020, 01:37:45 AM
It's unfortunate that he resorted to working as a comic artist for Marvel. Poor guy never recovered after Alien3. :laugh:

What if the people behind Scified are the same dudes from We Got This Covered?  ???

D. Compton Ambrose

I do have to say, I like the way the Xenomorphs (at least from that one image) don't look anorexic and actually looks like a physically intimidating killing machine.

Engineer

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 05, 2020, 02:25:05 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 05, 2020, 01:37:45 AM

That wouldn't surprise me!! Lmmfao

What if the people behind Scified are the same dudes from We Got This Covered?  ???

Drukathi

No! Please! No more David Fincher - the destroyer! :D I find his strong influence on RS.

SM

Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 05, 2020, 01:54:22 AM
:laugh: first time i've visited a scified page in years, nice to see that user with the gonzo avatar is still posting in every single thread on that board

Yeah imagine posting that much.

I'll just show myself out.

judge death

Quote from: SM on Jul 05, 2020, 07:44:12 AM
Quote from: j0nesy on Jul 05, 2020, 01:54:22 AM

Yeah imagine posting that much.

I'll just show myself out.
Hahahahahaha xD Gave me a laugh :P

Nukiemorph

I'm concerned by how much excitement I'm seeing on Twitter. "I can't wait to see Iron Man face off with a Predator!" "Venom Vs. Alien PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!"

This is so f**king lame.

I enjoy some capeshit now and then, but Predator and especially Alien are so far above that. To me, this is like Batman Vs. The Godfather. I love Batman, but can't people see how tacky that would be? Either people respect superheroes way more than I do or they don't respect Alien half as much as I do.

I worry that Avenger crossovers will just rope in more casual action fans who want nothing more than colonial marine wankfests, and Alien will officially no longer be a horror franchise.

SM

Maybe some people just want a fun story with characters they like?

EJA

Whether we'd like to see it or not, I'm 99% sure it won't happen anyway.

Having said that though, I personally don't think it would be that difficult for Predator to coexist with the Marvel superhero universe. But Alien? Hmm, yeah, that's a bit more difficult, IMO.

SM

I'm sure there will be crossovers. But they'll have same weight as all the other superhero crossovers.

Drukathi

As mentioned above - here is a great example for a crossover.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 03, 2020, 08:46:18 PM
Predator vs Kraven the Hunter seems fitting.

I believe that the main thing is to choose the right characters. Deadpool vs Aliens is probably not the most successful thing in the world. But the Punisher vs Predator may work. Plus, you get a beautiful acronym for free - PvP. :o

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed