Adrien Brody Says 'Predators' Will Be 'Intense, Harrowing'

Started by Keyes, Apr 28, 2010, 03:54:42 PM

Author
Adrien Brody Says 'Predators' Will Be 'Intense, Harrowing' (Read 5,757 times)

Lost Predator

I said this before and I'll say it again; for RR to ignore P2 is just arrogant to me. P2, while wasn't the best film, was a sequel and how many sequels actually equal or exceed the original film in all aspects? T2, Aliens, and a few others coem to mind for me, but in general sequels just don't live-up to the originals.

I will be watching carefully and whole-heartedly when Predators comes out and I just hope RR and crew don't do anything to contradict P2.

Raptor

Awesome I hope for an awesome movie!!!

Biggles

I'm sick of them trashing P2 as well. It's un-necessary. Most non-fans will either never have seen it, forgotten it exists, or will already have (wrongly IMHO) discounted it.

It's another damn marketing drive IMO - one that many bands use time and time again. Trash what came before, hark back to some perceived glory days, and hope as many of your former customers as possible decide to give it a look.

This movie should be able to stand on its own without either relying upon, or doing down, what came after.

Highland

I don't think they are trashing it at all, just making the point. How do you make the point without flat out saying it's a sequel to the first movie?

Saying they are ignoring P2 does not mean that movie is good or bad, just that it doesn't have a place in this particular storyline.

In saying that i like Predator 2, if it's as good as that, i'll give it a thumbs up.

The PredBen

Predator 2 should be in the same universe as " Predators".

For years Predator fans have wanted a third film to make a Predator - Trilogy ( Okay some fans were fine with just Predator and Predator 2.) But lots wanted a third film.

I mean Alien got four solo films vs. Predators ... 2.

But to go and simply remove Predator 2 and make a Predator - Predators - universe that's bringing the whole series to two films again!

I think RR wants us to see it this way Predator - Predators - Predator 2. He said he wasn't knocking the movie out of canon!

Simply that only Predator should be watched before Predators.

darthmaul1

Quote from: darkbladepred on Apr 28, 2010, 07:22:38 PM
Am I the only one who feels that RR and the whole crew behind Predators have a bit of an unwarranted grudge with P2? It's certainly not my favorite movie in the world, but I respect it as a good sequel and addition to the Predator mythology. I can understand wanting to distance his film from AVP, but P2 was a legitimate sequel and is mostly recognized by the fans as giving us some good stuff.

I enjoyed p2 as well. I like the different direction it took by puttinng the pred in the city. And we saw some new weapons. I don't see how predators can disregard p2 unless it takes place before it, in 1988-1996. Jesus p2 is a stand alone movie compared to the first. There is no carry over of characters or story all they did was show a picture of Anna and mention that one of the press kind hunted arnie but that is all. Predators should be a stand alone film too without any cross over of charcters.  There is no need for them to disregard p2!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The PredBen on Apr 29, 2010, 12:34:35 AM
I think RR wants us to see it this way Predator - Predators - Predator 2. He said he wasn't knocking the movie out of canon!

If that were true, he wouldn't be avoiding topics about Predator 2, would he?

-Rakai'Thwei

Dark Jester

JAYSUS!!!

Why does it honestly matter if RR respects P2 or not? All I am concerned about is if he makes a good Predator movie.

He can bad mouth P2 as much as he likes as long as he concentrates on delievering a good Predator movie. The early signs looks positive and it appears that he trully has gone "back to roots" and created a story about what Preadtors are really about; decadent, evil and remorseless intergalatic bad-asses who enjoy hunting and killing humans for sports. In my oponion, the failure of all films since the original is that they failed to protray the most important selling point of the Predator franchise properly, "THE HUNT"!!!

P2 had some cool lines (mostly by the Jamaican..."f**kin Voodo Magic Man!!") but with the exception of the last 30 minutes (i.e. Harrigan chasing Pussyface) it was a piss poor movie with no tension, suspence, poorly acted (apart from Glover) and directed. I applaud them for trying something different but it failed imo. A Predator movie will only work if the story is about "The Hunt", Predators are the bad guys and involves a group of humans or other species trapped in a claustaphobic environment driven insane as each commrade is being picked off and brutally murdered one by one. To be honest, despite what RR says and no matter how succesfull Predators is, I dont expect any more sequels or at least succesfull ones unless someone can protray the "The Hunt" in a novel and different way.

Hive Tyrant

As long as it doesn't flatly contradict anything said and done in P2, there's no reason to assume Predators is not the third movie in a trilogy. Just ignore anything RR says.

Dark Jester

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Apr 29, 2010, 09:02:36 AM
As long as it doesn't flatly contradict anything said and done in P2,

Example please?

Quote from: Dark Jester on Apr 29, 2010, 09:15:22 AM

Example please?

you mean an example of how it could flatly contradict P2?

by dismissing the existance of any weapons shown in P2, ie the disc and spear.
by contradicting the clan structure shown in P2.
by saying that all non-sp preds look similar to anytime.
by saying that preds have never visited cities on earth, or that it is against their code to do so.

i agree that flatly contradicting P2 would not be easy to do accidentally, but noone really knows how far RR's hatred for P2 goes.

Hive Tyrant

Example please?

... I'm not even sure that's possible. All of the above (posted by AvatarIII) are unlikely to happen and some easily refuted (if the weapons don't feature in the movie that doesn't mean RR dismisses their existence; Predator 2 didn't introduce 'clan structure' at all, as far as I can tell by watching it... for all we know they were merely the crew of the spaceship and the Elder was its Captain).

I don't think we have much to fear.

Dark Jester

Dark Jester

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Apr 29, 2010, 10:38:56 AM

Example please?

... I'm not even sure that's possible. All of the above (posted by AvatarIII) are unlikely to happen and some easily refuted (if the weapons don't feature in the movie that doesn't mean RR dismisses their existence; Predator 2 didn't introduce 'clan structure' at all, as far as I can tell by watching it... for all we know they were merely the crew of the spaceship and the Elder was its Captain).

I don't think we have much to fear.

I agree.

As you said, I dont believe P2 has any rights to stake claim to the "Predator clan" concept or some of the weapons (disc exception).

Predators are hunters. Hunters often hang out in groups (or clans) and often use weapons such as spears and nets. In the same way, RR will have no right to stake claim to the idea of Predators using "hunting dogs" and "falcons" - these are tools often used by hunters.

arabianhunter

arabianhunter

its not a clan its a hip hop group :P ;D :D ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljEC7HKbP0g

i hope i dont get banned for this

PHANTOM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed