AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 686,022 times)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: The Ghoul on Nov 30, 2010, 01:26:55 AM
Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 30, 2010, 01:06:27 AM
Quote from: SM on Nov 29, 2010, 11:09:53 PM
QuoteIt's my only real problem with the film, TBH. The dialogue is so painful to listen to that the only reason I stomach it is because I think the film is dumb fun despite being worse than Anderson's. Then again, I haven't seen Requiem in at least a year.

It's not just what they say - it's what they do that sucks any sort of fun out of it.  And that includes the Aliens.  They might as well be carrying around megaphones to telegraph their imminent arrivals.

Although the PredXeno impaling the pizza boy was a pleasant surprise...too bad it didnt get the job done
What do you expect from predxeno? Oh wait you mean the predalien.  :P

Na seriously I think even our predxeno would of been able to do a better job than chet did.  ;)

Yeah like Sm said it stunk of Script Immunity.

Once I saw wolf grab two aliens by the neck and take no damage what so ever but a scratched mask. I said "yeah this guy is immune." Or dallas being strung up.  (minus the fact i saw that part as totally epic but once i thought about it; if there were other preds with him, he would of been shreded.)

To be completely fair to a shit movie Wolf wasn't after him, he was strung up as bait for xenos.

SM

SM

Did I miss something?  ???

After they made such a big show of the douchebag in the graveyard getting his head exploded 'cos he had a gun - the Predator simply lets Dallas live?

Ghostface

Ghostface

TBH I cant really remember the graveyard scene too much, but from memory the pred only kills humans with guns that are a threat to him or his mission. He used Dallas as bait to lure and kill the xeno which was his objective. The fact that this was lost on you goes to show how well this was portrayed in the film  ::) Good job Ze Strauss

SM

SM

I guess that might make sense, but yeah it was not made clear at all in the film.  Maybe they should had a POV from the Predator up in the ceiling looking down at Dallas with Aliens approaching - but all we got was, he drops the gun then Kelly and Molly find it seconds later.

Ghostface

Ghostface

This is where the film is a failure in every way. Wherever the script actually gets something right (as right as it can be in this film) the BS fail at utilizing it. It was a collaborative fail which is a real shame for a film that had potential to be good.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 30, 2010, 01:28:57 AM
QuoteIt's my only real problem with the film, TBH. The dialogue is so painful to listen to that the only reason I stomach it is because I think the film is dumb fun despite being worse than Anderson's. Then again, I haven't seen Requiem in at least a year.

It's not just what they say - it's what they do that sucks any sort of fun out of it.  And that includes the Aliens.  They might as well be carrying around megaphones to telegraph their imminent arrivals.

Although the PredXeno impaling the pizza boy was a pleasant surprise...too bad it didnt get the job done

Na seriously I think even our predxeno would of been able to do a better job than chet did.  ;)

Once I saw wolf grab two aliens by the neck and take no damage what so ever but a scratched mask. I said "yeah this guy is immune." Or dallas being strung up.  (minus the fact i saw that part as totally epic but once i thought about it; if there were other preds with him, he would of been shreded.)

To be completely fair to a shit movie Wolf wasn't after him, he was strung up as bait for xenos.
i knew you would say that but he didn't need him as bait the xeno's where already in the building they would of went after the humans anyways, no point in stringing him up.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Nov 30, 2010, 01:45:59 AM

After they made such a big show of the douchebag in the graveyard getting his head exploded 'cos he had a gun - the Predator simply lets Dallas live?

I think he would've shot Dallas but as soon as he saw him there was an Alien right behind him so it made more sense to kill the Alien.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 30, 2010, 02:14:10 AM

I think he would've shot Dallas but as soon as he saw him there was an Alien right behind him so it made more sense to kill the Alien.
thusly again taking the time to string him up instead of shooting the aliens who were already in the building crawling on the cieling before. wolf even saw the bugs go into the building. There was no reason to use dallas as bait at all.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: The Ghoul on Nov 30, 2010, 02:10:07 AM
Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 30, 2010, 01:28:57 AM

i knew you would say that but he didn't need him as bait the xeno's where already in the building they would of went after the humans anyways, no point in stringing him up.

There was pretty much no point to anything wolf did. Skinning the cop, going mano e mano with predxeno just to name a few.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: The Ghoul on Nov 30, 2010, 02:17:11 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 30, 2010, 02:14:10 AM

thusly again taking the time to string him up instead of shooting the aliens who were already in the building crawling on the cieling before. wolf even saw the bugs go into the building. There was no reason to use dallas as bait at all.

Oh, you're referring to the sports store sequence. I thought we were discussing the hospital rooftop.

SM

SM

No the sports store (is that what it was?  So fecking dark...).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yes. Yes it was. Only in the States would you find firearms in one, too.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Well that's cause Hunting is a sport in the USA.  :P

And we like our guns.  :D

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Always thought there was an element of compensation in there.

SM

SM

Only an 'element'?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed