Gojira (1954)

Started by Glock 17, Jan 18, 2007, 03:06:15 AM

Author
Gojira (1954) (Read 6,564 times)

Glock 17

Glock 17

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 11, 2007, 06:12:54 AM
The japanese version of Varan isnt that great at all I think. I mean they used godzillas roar and the music theme from another kaiju film... I mean I like varan as a monster... But that movie was bad... Especially the close ups on Varan...

Yeah but at least you got to see the monster.  And you got to see his cultural roots in the local legends of the islanders. It was fairly involved but as for the voice roars, I believe that was Baragon's voice. It was  common practice for several monsters to have the same (or identical) roars in later Toho epics.

As for the music,  it was basic Ifukube music that came to inspire most of the films.  Heck, you can even find Ifukube's music in some of the "Venoms" martial arts films of the 70's and 80's.  It's even in the trilogy of Daimajin films that Daiei produced in the 60's shortly around the time of the Yokai Monsters films they also were responsible for. Daiei also gave us all of the Gammera films.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

i have all the gamera films on dvd cept the newest one Gamera little braves. I havent seen the Daimaijin movies yet. I cant find em ever. I hear they are really good though.

Glock 17

Glock 17

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 12, 2007, 05:47:16 AM
i have all the gamera films on dvd cept the newest one Gamera little braves. I havent seen the Daimaijin movies yet. I cant find em ever. I hear they are really good though.

Search no more my fellow monster fan :)

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Daimajin-Wrath-Return/dp/B00006CY4G/sr=1-1/qid=1171468949/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-3514039-8767318?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

The complete trilogy, remastered with georgeous subtitles and crisp color and the best letterboxing oyu could ask for. I know, I have the set myself, and bought another as a collector's item.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed