Gojira (1954)

Started by Glock 17, Jan 18, 2007, 03:06:15 AM

Author
Gojira (1954) (Read 6,565 times)

Glock 17

Glock 17

Quote from: Mikey on Jan 28, 2007, 01:31:24 AM
Its so sad that ifukube died... he was my all time favorite movie musician

He DID? When? Last I heard he was still alive sometime last year. When did that happen?

And yeah, he made some great music, really tops. Almost every Toho movie had his stamp on it.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

he passed over the summer sometime... i dont remember the date but i remember how sad the godzilla/kaiju community was when it happened

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

February 8th 2006 is when he passed, so it was before the summer. It didnt seem like it was a year ago...

Glock 17

Glock 17

Quote from: Mikey on Jan 29, 2007, 04:11:14 PM
February 8th 2006 is when he passed, so it was before the summer. It didnt seem like it was a year ago...

Hats off to a truly GREAT musician. He was a man who truly loved his profession and his music showed it 100%.   I hope he finds his path along the heavens. :)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

Yeah... He was my favorite composer... Great man...

gojiramatthew

gojiramatthew

Its good to see people know of the Japanese Godzilla on an AvsP site :), well this version unlike the american version with Raymond Burr, is darker and doesnt have scenes cut out. ;D

SiL

SiL

Well, there were still scenes cut ... :p

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

yeah lol but the point is... the original is better by far lol.

gojiramatthew

gojiramatthew

Quote from: Mikey on Feb 09, 2007, 09:02:36 PM
yeah lol but the point is... the original is better by far lol.

Your right there, also SiL there were no scenes cut up from the Japanese version, only scenes that are now deleted scenes.

SiL

SiL

I was being pedantic ;)

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

cut scenes and deleted scenes are the same thing to me... if they arent in the movie... the are cut/deleted... we may not see eye to eye on that but that is just my view.
The movie is perfect to me. The american cut is okay... but I can't even watch it now after seeing the original.

SiL

SiL

I was being pedantic in that a deleted scene is still cut from the movie ...

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

oh lol my misunderstanding i was agreeing with ya lol i read your post wrong lol.

Glock 17

Glock 17

You guys want a movie that REALLY sucks?   The Americanized version of "Varan The Unbelievable" aka Daikaiju Baran.   They took a love story and infused it into the film and Varan was all but forgotten.. 

The Japanese film has it all, including the flight scenes where he takes off after rising out of the lake.  The American version is about as worse as the Americanization of any movie can get. Then this guy named Haim Saban came along.... :P

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

The japanese version of Varan isnt that great at all I think. I mean they used godzillas roar and the music theme from another kaiju film... I mean I like varan as a monster... But that movie was bad... Especially the close ups on Varan...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed