The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside)

Started by ikarop, Oct 26, 2009, 04:19:36 PM

Author
The Multiplayer previews/Hands-on Thread (Footage inside) (Read 137,960 times)

dude63

All of this is making me excited...can't wait for it!

Chris!(($$))!

Can't wait to play Infestation and Survival.

Brother

Quote from: ikarop on Nov 07, 2009, 12:29:45 AM
Some gamers impressions from Eurogamer.
So there were REALLY no negative reviews or they were removed from the video...?

LARGE

Quote from: Tomar on Nov 07, 2009, 12:50:15 AM
Quote from: LARGE on Nov 06, 2009, 08:56:56 PM
both avp movies sucked big time. I dunno wtf are u taking from those movies. For me its just big humiliation of the predator and alien movies...

Yup, you are right there buddy and thats why I do not consider those two as canon cause they simply were not up the standards that we would expect from a clash of those two species!

Its a shame that Rebellion does think the other way around and rather uses those two movies as a blueprint not only for the game but especially for the MP aspect and its balancing ... *shakeshead*.

However I will get the game as I have waited long enough for a (not really) successor of AvP 2 but whether the game will please me in certain areas needs to be seen "when its done" cause if we look at the gfx it looks o.k. ;) ... .

Im such a fan of the alien, i would get the game even if u were making it :) and yeah ... this whole pyramid shit is pretty dumb..

Zephon

Huh? I thought the idea behind the movies (ie the teens doing their test at the TEMPLE (its not a pyramid :p) ) was pretty good, even the supposed connections to earths culture. The first AvP movie had a good idea behind it, the execution was just poor.

Dusk

I'm looking forward to see how this game executes the idea. The idea did really sound good on paper, they just did a poor job bringing it to the screen.

EC jay

looks like everything is coming together nicely  :D
the only thing we can hope for now is dedicated servers

LARGE

Quote from: Zephon on Nov 07, 2009, 11:24:21 AM
Huh? I thought the idea behind the movies (ie the teens doing their test at the TEMPLE (its not a pyramid :p) ) was pretty good, even the supposed connections to earths culture. The first AvP movie had a good idea behind it, the execution was just poor.

i dunno i just dont like the whole predator-alien concept... a queen... kept in captivity from a bunch of predators.. on earth? in order to lay eggs for the predators to hunt... i dont rly like it, but hey, its just my opinion. It would of been better if like in alien one the ppl find some crashed predator space ship with some eggs and dead fossilized predators. Get facehugered, activate some predator signal crap for the others to come, seeking revenge or somethin... anyways thats way off topic       

MadassAlex

I don't see the problem with AvP being

Predators and Aliens clash on some worlds. Predators know only a little more about the Alien than we do. Aliens don't give a shit.

Aliens could still have the same cultural relevance as they currently do to the Predators, it'd just be far less predictable.

AcidGlow

Why the hell is there no Team Deathmatch/Species Deathmatch? All we got is deathmatch? wtf man?!

The other modes don't even amount to a true team play experience...
they better add a TDM/SDM mode like avp and avp2 had.. or I will only rent this for my single player playthrough..

MadassAlex

It's pretty clear that there'll be TDM. They've said not every multiplayer mode has been revealed.

Zephon

I can't remember for the life of me... Was there a species vs species vs species TDM in AvP 2?
3 way not just 2 way.

MadassAlex

Dusk

I hope they'll have some sort of Elimination Deathmatch. Where everyone has only one life. I'd love if the matches aren't so fast paced, because everyone is being extra careful. It would turn into a real stalking match.

Brother

That's overrun in AvP2. Or evac. You got 2 respawns.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed