Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,883 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 30, 2019, 07:44:00 PM
Vampires and Prince of Darkness are works of a master, Ghosts of Mars... ehhhhhhh.

He's The Master because imo he's the best director ever when you look at his movie catalogue in general.
He made several proper Lovecraftian movies.
Even his "eeeeh" work isn't bad when compared to the average movie. Especially these days.
On top of that he's a decent musician.

So Hail, John Carpenter! Hail, The Master!

Huggs

Huggs

007: You Only Live Twice

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 30, 2019, 10:51:32 PMEven his "eeeeh" work isn't bad when compared to the average movie. Especially these days.

I dunno about that. Ghosts of Mars is f*cking awful.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Deadpool
Still Funny as F**k

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 31, 2019, 09:21:57 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 30, 2019, 10:51:32 PMEven his "eeeeh" work isn't bad when compared to the average movie. Especially these days.

I dunno about that. Ghosts of Mars is f*cking awful.

Shame!

P-Rock

P-Rock

Ghosts of Mars ain't that bad. MoH's Pro-Life and The Ward, now that's bad.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I'd say Carpenter's bottom tier films are Village of the Damned, Escape from LA, Ghosts of Mars, and Pro-Life. Still haven't seen The Ward.

Strike that last bit...

The Ward

Dog shit. The only redeeming quality this had was how distractingly good some of the women looked. The scares were crap, the directing was crap, and the ending was mega crap.

I may do a ranked list just to see where everything falls now that I've seen all of his movies.

Huggs

Huggs

The Mummy 1999 (3.5/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Halloween (1978)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 01, 2019, 03:49:01 AM
Halloween (1978)

Still the first and best slasher film of all time.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Prez on Nov 01, 2019, 04:16:46 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 01, 2019, 03:49:01 AM
Halloween (1978)

Still the first and best slasher film of all time.

Read somewhere it's not the first, but the first big one that made a name.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Semi-Pro
an underrated Will Ferrell film. even features a song co-written by Will Ferrell and Nile "F***ing" Rodgers

Broken Lizard's Club Dread
a great Horror spoof featuring Bill Paxton

Terminator: Dark Fate
A film i enjoyed more than i expected, but there were still a few elements i would have done differently

Huggs

Huggs

Margin Call (3/5)

Munich (3.5/5)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

The Terminator - 10/10

The only movie in its eventual series that was a perfect slasher film. The rest were action films.

Sometimes I wish there was no Terminator franchise and only this wonderful film. A perfect non-linear time loop paradigm where what happened in the past and what happened in the future has always happened simultaneously, and no matter how these characters feel they can change fate, they are just pawns playing into the hands of fate... even Skynet.

It's ironic to think the one action that would actually ensure the erasure of John Connor's existence was for Skynet to do nothing at all when it lost the war. Just don't send a Terminator back to 1984. Just do nothing, subsequently giving Kyle no reason to go back either and ultimately create the events to conceive John.

Such a great film.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 02, 2019, 02:54:47 AM
The Terminator - 10/10

The only movie in its eventual series that was a perfect slasher film. The rest were action films.

Sometimes I wish there was no Terminator franchise and only this wonderful film. A perfect non-linear time loop paradigm where what happened in the past and what happened in the future has always happened simultaneously, and no matter how these characters feel they can change fate, they are just pawns playing into the hands of fate... even Skynet.

It's ironic to think the one action that would actually ensure the erasure of John Connor's existence was for Skynet to do nothing at all when it lost the war. Just don't send a Terminator back to 1984. Just do nothing, subsequently giving Kyle no reason to go back either and ultimately create the events to conceive John.

Such a great film.

I remember someone saying to me about Terminator that its one of the few films out their where the Sex Scene is important to the plot lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed