New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 119,952 times)

Master

The whole point is Predator is walking power house. Armed or not, you can`t just beat him with strenght. That was very strongly pointed out in first film and unless you are an ancient super weapon hellish monster like Alien, you won`t stand a chance. Still, Celtic was beating the shit out of Grind in close combat! He was close to win! Pred vs Pred? I guess without weapon it would look more like MMA fight then some kung-fu fantasy and the fight from Predators was something like that.

BigDaddyJohn

In fact I agree with light CG used at the right time and for the right amount, doesn't seem impossible to do without being too noticeable. It's still beyond me how in the latest movie they f**ked up so bad in this area with 88M budget...

Master

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 09, 2020, 05:35:39 PM
In fact I agree with light CG used at the right time and for the right amount, doesn't seem impossible to do without being too noticeable. It's still beyond me how in the latest movie they f**ked up so bad in this area with 88M budget...

It had something to do with reshooting like 1/3 of the movie   :D

Sol

Horrible mismanagement, there. We were all rooting for Shane Black's project, and it ended up being the worst of the films IMO. Huge budget, and I can't fathom where it all went.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Dec 09, 2020, 05:52:11 PM

It had something to do with reshooting like 1/3 of the movie   :D

Probably but the scenes that aren't reshooted are just as bad.

Quote from: Sol on Dec 09, 2020, 05:59:14 PM

Horrible mismanagement, there. We were all rooting for Shane Black's project, and it ended up being the worst of the films IMO. Huge budget, and I can't fathom where it all went.

Yes we were. Honestly I find it still more enjoyable than the AVP's and Predators though  :D

germanator2

Quote from: Sol on Dec 09, 2020, 02:19:13 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 09, 2020, 02:12:30 PM
Quote from: Sol on Dec 09, 2020, 01:53:36 PM-Humans are no match for Gorillas. A Gorilla can literally rip your arm out of its socket with minimal effort.

And Predators have been shown literally ripping people in two with their bare hands.

So what does humans (weaker) doing martial arts against a Gorilla (stronger), have to do with Predators (stronger) doing martial arts against humans (weaker)?
You basically just answered why martial arts would look silly by the Predator against humans. Predators stand a good 7ft or more over humans, and yeah, are stronger in every way. One kick or punch will probably send em across the room. It just becomes cheesy. That whole backhand/slap by the Jungle Predator was basically just to taunt Dutch that he's superior in every way to him, so that's why it works.

Highland

Quote from: Sol on Dec 09, 2020, 03:01:21 PM
Quote from: Highland on Dec 09, 2020, 02:53:59 PM
What I'm saying is a predator using some kind of fighting technique against a human is like me lining up against my 7 year old boy. It....just doesn't seem necessary. I could dig some techniques with say a spear though.

This would make sense, if they didn't come with a load of weaponry that far outclasses what Humans are capable of fighting against, each time. It's odd that you draw the line at "punching", and not shoulder mounted laser canons, or light bending camouflaging technology, or bladed weapons so strong nothing can defend against it, etc.

Also the first two Predators have aged better ( creature wise) than anything since in my opinion.

Absolutely. But that's because the latter released films were bad. Not because of the use of newer tech. What they did, newer FX techniques or not, was objectively bad work comparitively to other film projects. If ILM or someone did the CGI work, or Stan Winston studios did the practical effects for the films post Predator 2, we would be having a slightly different conversation I would think.

I could dig some cool movement / jumps for mobility purposes....but really nothing has been "cooler" than just KPH,s body work inside the suits.

Thatll probably trump any CGI. Forever. I did like the Scar flip thing on the queen, seemed kinda situational though.

I'm not calling for CGI to replace costume work. I hope you didn't see that in my posts. I definitely did not say that or insinuate it.

I mean human hunters don't learn Kung Fu if they lose their Gun when hunting a wild animal.

The fighting style only really makes sense if we see a Predator fight another Predator.

While I don't think the effects are bad in the new films, the fighting choreography is pretty lacking. The Predator 2 meat locker scene still king there for me.

I'm just hoping for two things - Good story , Good suit/Hero Predator design.

Sol

Sol

Quote from: germanator2 on Dec 09, 2020, 10:56:18 PM
Quote from: Sol on Dec 09, 2020, 01:53:36 PM-Humans are no match for Gorillas. A Gorilla can literally rip your arm out of its socket with minimal effort.

And Predators have been shown literally ripping people in two with their bare hands.

So what does humans (weaker) doing martial arts against a Gorilla (stronger), have to do with Predators (stronger) doing martial arts against humans (weaker)?
You basically just answered why martial arts would look silly by the Predator against humans. Predators stand a good 7ft or more over humans, and yeah, are stronger in every way. One kick or punch will probably send em across the room. It just becomes cheesy. That whole backhand/slap by the Jungle Predator was basically just to taunt Dutch that he's superior in every way to him, so that's why it works.

Not really. The whole Gorilla analogy doesn't make a lick of sense with regards to what I'm saying. But I digress.

Humans get sent across across the room from slaps and tackles anyway. My idea is that instead of the 30 year old slap, I'd (and MANY other people) want to see a competent movie monster actually make purposely, strong looking physical attacks. We are approaching the the 7th film featuring these creatures, and I'm personally no longer contempt with repeating what we have already seen over and over again.

It's very simple for me. And it's not just fight scenes. They need to stop trying to recreate the first film, too. That horse has been beaten to death, and they have thus far failed to capture the spirit of that film. So instead of trying to ape McTiernan's original film for the umpteenth time, let's do something just and powerful, before we run this franchise all the way into the ground.

[cancerblack]

I'd be happy to see one really throwing its weight around and fighting with strong, precise looking blows.

But no ninja shit. They're big, heavy monsters, not small humans.

Sol

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 10, 2020, 01:03:37 AM
I'd be happy to see one really throwing its weight around and fighting with strong, precise looking blows.

But no ninja shit. They're big, heavy monsters, not small humans.

That's it. He gets it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

germanator2

Quote from: Sol on Dec 10, 2020, 12:42:23 AM

Not really. The whole Gorilla analogy doesn't make a lick of sense with regards to what I'm saying. But I digress.

Humans get sent across across the room from slaps and tackles anyway. My idea is that instead of the 30 year old slap, I'd (and MANY other people) want to see a competent movie monster actually make purposely, strong looking physical attacks. We are approaching the the 7th film featuring these creatures, and I'm personally no longer contempt with repeating what we have already seen over and over again.

It's very simple for me. And it's not just fight scenes. They need to stop trying to recreate the first film, too. That horse has been beaten to death, and they have thus far failed to capture the spirit of that film. So instead of trying to ape McTiernan's original film for the umpteenth time, let's do something just and powerful, before we run this franchise all the way into the ground.
Well, for starters, this franchise has already been run to the ground and quite frankly, took a nose dive off a cliff with it's latest entry. And as good as 10 Cloverfield Lane was, doesn't mean we should get another Predator film anyways. We entrusted Shane Black because he was in the original one and has written some amazing films, but of course, we saw the final product ... But also, you're never going to be able to top McTiernan's original, unless maybe he comes back. Otherwise, it's an amazing film that didn't deserve a sequel or even a franchise like what we have. It's works perfectly as a self contained story with very little about the Predator being revealed to maintain the suspense and horror about the creature. As much as I like Predator 2, I think it expanded a little too much on the lore and really demystifies what makes the Predator scary. I agree that we need something new, but story-wise, what they can do? Regardless of the setting, it's still going to be the same 10 little indian plot of characters being killed one-by-one. And the more you expand the lore of the Predator itself, such exploring martial arts and fighting styles, the more you continue to demystify the Predator and making it less scary. As cynical as it is to say, this is why I really don't think we need another one.

Highland

Quote from: Sol on Dec 10, 2020, 12:42:23 AM

I don't think that's going to make a lick of difference personally, but maybe some folk want that *shrugs . It's not like the predator is Godzilla. Arnie swats a stick , he blocks the stick and near on takes his head off. You're supposed to get the impression that the Predator is so much stronger than a human it's quite literally pointless to fight it.....unless you come up with a clever plan.

I'd imagine that might even be a plot point. The predator just chewing up the best male warriors until the female hero comes up with a better plan.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: Highland on Dec 10, 2020, 02:57:06 AM
I don't think that's going to make a lick of difference personally, but maybe some folk want that *shrugs . It's not like the predator is Godzilla. Arnie swats a stick , he blocks the stick and near on takes his head off. You're supposed to get the impression that the Predator is so much stronger than a human it's quite literally pointless to fight it.....unless you come up with a clever plan.

I'd imagine that might even be a plot point. The predator just chewing up the best male warriors until the female hero comes up with a better plan.

Right. The name of the game is one of cunning, not direct brute strength. I'm hoping with this movie, we'll see a good twist that gives the humans a leg up, something other than mud/teamups/etc.

I'm so thankful they're not picking up where Shane left off  :o

Sol

Some of you are missing the point. But I'm not too pressed to keep going in circles here. Eventually, every Predator film ends with the Predator(s) trading blows with the lead. When they do, I don't want to see another 10 minute sequence of space pimp slaps.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed