New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 119,889 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Nov 29, 2020, 04:01:23 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 29, 2020, 03:13:58 PM
Quote from: overthere on Nov 29, 2020, 02:36:59 PM
Difference in strength between a man and a woman means nothing to a Predator because both are equally frail compared to him. So I don't see a female lead problematic, if she is like Ripley or even the lead from first AvP.

I just hope they dont try to preach some modern woke thing. Just let me see Predator be cool.

Totally agree with you, female is not a problem at all as long as she is well written and portrayed, as for any characters in any movie. The modern stuff shoved in a movie where it apparently don't belong could totally happen knowing how hollywood works nowadays, I just hope it gets treated with at least a bit of subtlety.

Yeah, subtlety is the key.  Looking at you feminist robot from Solo.

:laugh:

One of many examples indeed.

Highland

Highland

You guys are looking at the movie from the end backwards. The reason the predator comes to earth is to hunt deadly foe. Dutch had to outsmart the Predator ( a little luck a little smarts).

Im completely fine with a predator hunting an Indian hunter one on one using the land. A predator coming down with Plasma casters and smart discs to defeat Indians isnt going to work.

There has to be a sport element to it. That's the whole point of the Predators coming.

skhellter

Expecting the predator to use spears and throwing discs and the like.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Highland on Nov 30, 2020, 10:08:55 AM
You guys are looking at the movie from the end backwards. The reason the predator comes to earth is to hunt deadly foe. Dutch had to outsmart the Predator ( a little luck a little smarts).

Im completely fine with a predator hunting an Indian hunter one on one using the land. A predator coming down with Plasma casters and smart discs to defeat Indians isnt going to work.

There has to be a sport element to it. That's the whole point of the Predators coming.

But regarding the weapons, do you think it should be presented as if the predator itself chooses to go light on tech for a better hunt ? Or do you think it don't need emphasis in the movie, the pred just hunt with light tech despite us knowing they have access to higher tech ?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 30, 2020, 10:39:11 AM

But regarding the weapons, do you think it should be presented as if the predator itself chooses to go light on tech for a better hunt ? Or do you think it don't need emphasis in the movie, the pred just hunt with light tech despite us knowing they have access to higher tech ?

You have something like a predator holding a Combistick and when he's confronted by a warrior with just a knife, the Predator chucks his Combistick down and engages only with his guantlet knives, something like that would be enough I think for the audience to understand what the Predator is about.

I just love with weapons like the Predator's spear (Combistick) and bow & arrow featured in Hunting Grounds, the technology is still there, old yet new. :)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 30, 2020, 12:52:50 PM

You have something like a predator holding a Combistick and when he's confronted by a warrior with just a knife, the Predator chucks his Combistick down and engages only with his guantlet knives, something like that would be enough I think for the audience to understand what the Predator is about.

I just love with weapons like the Predator's spear (Combistick) and bow & arrow featured in Hunting Grounds, the technology is still there, old yet new. :)

I totally dig that. I would also love to see some animal hunting, bears and all, could be cool !

Highland

I think either. I honestly thing there's a huge potential to a Predator with just blades and perhaps camo hunting down a human who also has the same weaponry. There's no tension in a move where a Predator can just blow its opponent up at any time.

I mean maybe that's the ritual, maybe no men have ever passed, maybe some men have passed and that's why the Predators come back.....

There's a lot of potential in this story, I just don't think it's -  Celtic Predabot pulling out the lazer mini gun against the locals.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 30, 2020, 12:58:00 PM
I totally dig that. I would also love to see some animal hunting, bears and all, could be cool !

Like caught off guard by a Revenant Bear? Yes please!

BigDaddyJohn

Oh yeah ! I also expect the bear to lose more fur than versus Leo  :laugh:

KiramidHead

I won't have much of an issue with tech stuff. The plasmacaster is much more advanced than anything Dutch had.

HuDaFuK

On top of which the first film's Predator blasted plenty of Dutch's crew while they were in no postilion to fight back.

skhellter

cof invisibility.

Predators care about the "sport" of hunting in the same way that rich white dentists do when they go on a hunting trip to africa.
It's "fun" for them. Not so much for their prey.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 30, 2020, 08:58:08 PM
cof invisibility.

Predators care about the "sport" of hunting in the same way that rich white dentists do when they go on a hunting trip to africa.
It's "fun" for them. Not so much for their prey.

They do get into a fair bit of cat and mouse shit against isolated targets, which is where the levelling themselves down a bit to drag it out comes in.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 30, 2020, 08:42:15 PM
On top of which the first film's Predator blasted plenty of Dutch's crew while they were in no postilion to fight back.

The first two kills were quite risky. He was lucky he escaped the minigun. Then he tried to get Dutch in front of everyone. Its not that the one he kills can fight back, but others in the vicinity can react and fight back, that's risky.

BigDaddyJohn

Talking about taking risks, City Hunter beats all other preds in this area I think. That fella was crazy  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed