Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,068,618 times)

Lie

Lie

Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 29, 2012, 06:43:08 PM
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

7/10

I have no idea why I kept hearing that this movie was worse than the first movie. This film may have changed some things of the mythos here and there, but it was far better than the first film we got. Nic Cage acting like a maniac from time to time was what kept me interested, I wanted to chalk it up to a guy who was trying to contain this beast inside him, but that's just being Nic Cage, lol.

Idris Elba was definitely one of the good things of this movie. I love that we got to see GR riding different vehicles and using them to his advantage. I really like the movements of GR himself, it felt different, and unusual, so the whole Supernatural element was there with the body language which I though was neat.

The plot of the film was your typical "find this person before they get possessed and save their ass." It's a plotline I could forgive seeing as how I've seen it so many times before. The movie could have used a better script though, which I knew wasn't going to be good since David Goyer's original script wad complete shit, but they did edit most of it, and some scenes were still kept in there.

All in all, I enjoyed myself, still isn't the Ghost Rider movie I wish we had, but it was an improvement over the first one in my eyes.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Lie on Sep 29, 2012, 07:13:26 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on Sep 29, 2012, 06:43:08 PM
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

7/10

I have no idea why I kept hearing that this movie was worse than the first movie. This film may have changed some things of the mythos here and there, but it was far better than the first film we got. Nic Cage acting like a maniac from time to time was what kept me interested, I wanted to chalk it up to a guy who was trying to contain this beast inside him, but that's just being Nic Cage, lol.

Idris Elba was definitely one of the good things of this movie. I love that we got to see GR riding different vehicles and using them to his advantage. I really like the movements of GR himself, it felt different, and unusual, so the whole Supernatural element was there with the body language which I though was neat.

The plot of the film was your typical "find this person before they get possessed and save their ass." It's a plotline I could forgive seeing as how I've seen it so many times before. The movie could have used a better script though, which I knew wasn't going to be good since David Goyer's original script wad complete shit, but they did edit most of it, and some scenes were still kept in there.

All in all, I enjoyed myself, still isn't the Ghost Rider movie I wish we had, but it was an improvement over the first one in my eyes.

http://rareshu.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/horror-express.jpg

That's happening on Fringe right now! (the episode I'm watching)

First Blood

First Blood

Dr. No (1962)

The one that started it all. Sean Connery plays the ultra cool MI6 agent, James Bond. When a British Intelligence agent is killed in Jamaica, Bond is sent to investigate. I really love this one. Connery brings a calm gravitas to his portrayal of Bond. Joseph Wiseman as Dr. No was fantastic; very subtle and very menacing. Wiseman doesn't overact. It's an underplayed performance, but still manages to send chills down your spine. And Ursula Andress as Honey Ryder looked absolutely stunning.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 29, 2012, 09:09:08 PM
Dr. No (1962)
Spoiler

The one that started it all. Sean Connery plays the ultra cool MI6 agent, James Bond. When a British Intelligence agent is killed in Jamaica, Bond is sent to investigate. I really love this one. Connery brings a calm gravitas to his portrayal of Bond. Joseph Wiseman as Dr. No was fantastic; very subtle and very menacing. Wiseman doesn't overact. It's an underplayed performance, but still manages to send chills down your spine. And Ursula Andress as Honey Ryder looked absolutely stunning.
[close]

One of my all-time favourites, that one is. A fantastic start to the most successful film franchise of all time. Gonna be watching that one soon, along with several others.

Watch it on the BluRay? If so, how was the picture?

Shasvre

Shasvre

So, you're gonna watch all the Bond movies in order, First Blood?

Let me know when you get to Licence to Kill and I'll give it a look as well. ;)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

The Dalton films remain the only two I have yet to see. Hopefully that'll be corrected by this time next week.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 29, 2012, 09:10:44 PM
One of my all-time favourites, that one is. A fantastic start to the most successful film franchise of all time. Gonna be watching that one soon, along with several others.

Yep, watched that one on Blu-ray. The picture was fantastic. For a film that's 50 years old, it's never looked better. Lowry Digital did an amazing job. :)

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 29, 2012, 09:12:20 PM
So, you're gonna watch all the Bond movies in order, First Blood?

Let me know when you get to Licence to Kill and I'll give it a look as well. ;)

I am going to watch them order leading up to Skyfall. Maybe one a night, or whenever time permits me. And I am anxious to get to License To Kill. That's always been a favorite. :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: First Blood on Sep 29, 2012, 09:18:30 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 29, 2012, 09:10:44 PM

Yep, watched that one on Blu-ray. The picture was fantastic. For a film that's 50 years old, it's never looked better. Lowry Digital did an amazing job. :)

Excellent. Gonna hafta get that collection soon. Mayhaps a Christmas gift...? T'would be a nice one.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Serenity - 8.5/10 - Very satisfying ending to a great but shamefully short TV show. Further proves that Whedon is a fan-f**king-tastic director and writer. I felt like it needed a bit more action in the second act, not to mention Book and Inara could have been used a bit more too. But it was pretty damn great overall. Also dat sudden death of the character you guys know. All my feels.

delsaber8

delsaber8

Harold and Kumar go to white castle, it was good for a few cheap laughs no complaints, it's meant to be cheesy. I'd say 8/10 for what its worth.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 29, 2012, 09:14:40 PM
The Dalton films remain the only two I have yet to see. Hopefully that'll be corrected by this time next week.

His Bond is one of my favourites. Did the whole "harder and grittier" style before it was the thing to do.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 29, 2012, 03:06:03 PM
Have you given the Whedon commentary a try yet?

No, I haven't had a chance yet, unfortunately. I'll most definitely be watching it that way next week, though :)

Anyways, just watched Kung Fu Panda 2 and The Shining with some friends(very similar films, right :P )

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: severen76 on Sep 30, 2012, 02:09:48 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Sep 29, 2012, 09:14:40 PM

His Bond is one of my favourites. Did the whole "harder and grittier" style before it was the thing to do.

Yup. You're definitely going to see a more intense and less cheerful Bond from him.

From Russia With Love (1963)

This one is a bit of a slow burner compared to Dr. No. The plot is a bit more sophisticated and less straight forward than its predecessor. SPECTRE is trying to steal a Lektor cryptographic device from the Russians whilst hiring an assassin Grant (Robert Shaw) to kill Bond and retrieve the device. Much like Dr. No, I enjoyed the hell out of this. I really liked Bey; the intelligence officer Bond meets and befriends in Istanbul. And let's not forget Robert Shaw, who doesn't get to shine until the last act of the movie. He's a very menacing villain in this; perhaps one of my favorites. I loved the conversation between him and Bond in the train. And the ensuing fight that followed. I had forgotten just how brutal some of these fight scenes were in the Connery films. That seems to be where the Craig films took their inspiration from. Very raw and very real looking.

Vepariga

Vepariga

The Dark Knight Returns part 1

From Frank Millers graphic novel of a older Bruce in retirement seeing the scum of gotham getting too out of control,still haunted by his parents murder and seeing the same happen everyday.  Batman is back in this amazing film,everything about it I could not be any more happier with. Sticking to the source to the fricken T. The fights,brutality and impact of them are untampered with and shown in full hard hitting glory. Kelly is brought to life wonderfully as Robin and the final fight in part 1 with the Mutant Leader is insane. Score is incrediable and the build ups are as epic as you could imagine.

Peter Weller does an amazing job as a older more gruff Bruce that fits the universe great.
With the final scene of the film giving me the chills it leaves me hanging for part 2.
Best animated Batman film I have seen.

10 out of 10

Terx2

Terx2

Resident Evil Damnation 10/10

One of the best CG movies I've ever seen.

The lickers make an appearance in vast numbers also some nods to the resident evil games.

Also on of my favourite Tyrants makes an appearance 8)

Spoiler
Seeing BOWs tear each other apart looks and the appearance of Ada Wong and las plagus.
[close]

Also during the credits there's footage of Resident Evil 6 ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed