Last Movie You Watched Part 1

Started by Ratchetcomand, Dec 08, 2007, 05:28:17 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched Part 1 (Read 1,068,623 times)

Huol

Huol

127 hours

goddamn

Fujimaster

Fujimaster

God Damned indeed.

Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 15, 2011, 04:51:53 AM
The Core (I think) - 3/10
Don't you hate when your TV lies to you, on SYFY they had The Decent on but get this it starts with the into to The Decent then it plays the movie The Core then even ends on The Decent's credits, WTF?

huhwha? they aren't even similar movies!! lol

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Mar 15, 2011, 07:58:28 AM
I can make it even better.
I can even make it betterer.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 14, 2011, 11:04:48 PM
Up next: 2001: A Space Odyssey
Followed by: Firefly
Followed by: Serenity
Followed by: Dexter
Followed by: Battlestar Galactica
Followed by: Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem
Followed by: Epic Movie
Followed by: Alone in the Dark

Spoiler
[close]

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Behold Darkness on Mar 15, 2011, 02:47:27 AM
Please tell me you have watched Where the Buffalo Roam with Bill Murray(as HST) and Peter Boyle(as his lawyer). Also GONZO was good A LOT of funny stories about him, Gary Busey is officially insane, and f**k: Documentary has some funny parts with HST in it and his opinion about the word f**k. I own ever book and most of his 'essays', plus the old rolling stones editions with his writings/also cant forget High Times!!!!. I wish he was still around.  When I Die was very touching to watch, his funeral narrated my Johnny D-with the infamous gonzo cannon, I think I paid $60 for the dvd, very interesting none the less --- Buy the Ticket Take the Ride is also a very interesting piece about the man himself. 

Any further info on the Rum Diary now that I think about it? Too lazy to bother with Google - shutting off the interweb and grabbing a nice old bottle of water once this post is exhausted. Actually that's now. 321

Oh and I mean the Rum Diary movie that D double P mentioned was on it's way to being in production.

Yeah ive got Fear & Loathing and Where The Buffalo Roam in a DVD boxset. Where the Buffalo Roam wasnt recieved very well critically but I love it. Bill Murray is fantastic. Ive also got Gonzo (the documentary narrated by Johnny Depp) which I think is the one you refer to. If you havnt read Ralph Steadmans book (The Jokes Over: Memories of Hunter S Thompson) its pretty good. Its basically Ralph writing about all the insane situations he got himself in with Hunter over the years.

As for The Rum Diary movie its a strange one. They actually finished filming it over a year ago. It stars Johnny Depp, Aaron Eckhardt, Giovanni Ribisi and Amber Heard. Whats strange is that post production seemed to have stopped and it looked like the movie hadnt been picked up by distributors. Theres rumors it will be released later this year but its hard to find any genuine info about it other than movie websites with speculations.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

wait, I can make it better

Formula for epic win, even if I have yet to see the first three. You've seen 'em though, so technically I have too.

Actually, I haven't seen them yet. They are next in line :P

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 15, 2011, 01:16:02 PM
I can even make it betterer.

Followed by: Aliens Vs. Predator: Requiem
Followed by: Epic Movie
Followed by: Alone in the Dark

Spoiler
[close]

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 15, 2011, 10:17:15 AM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Mar 15, 2011, 04:51:53 AM
The Core (I think) - 3/10
Don't you hate when your TV lies to you, on SYFY they had The Decent on but get this it starts with the into to The Decent then it plays the movie The Core then even ends on The Decent's credits, WTF?

huhwha? they aren't even similar movies!! lol
I know that this movie wasn't the core but it was something else core like, but I feel cheated I haven't seen The Decent since it came out and my memory is very foggy about it.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Sudden Impact
Oh yeah. This is the movie that comes to mind when I hear the name Dirty Harry. Some great action, a great story, a great score and great on location shooting make this one of the finest entries in the series and a nice return to the dark tone that was abandoned with The Enforcer. A woman who was gang raped along with her sister tracks down and kills her attackers one by one. Dirty Harry, amidst two scandals is on the case.

Cinema Meter, 8/10

Mono-Meter 10/10

I think it's safe to say that this film can "make my day."

First Blood

First Blood

That's a great sequel. I love the scene when Harry's walking towards the villains, gun in hand cloaked in shadow.

severen76

severen76

I've watched most of Coffee and Cigarettes tonight.

It's great, really funny. I love the deadpan humour in it. My favourite scenes so far; Tom Waits/Iggy Pop, Alfred Molina/Steve Coogan and the Cate Blanchett/Cate Blanchett.

midget

midget

Quote from: Keg on Mar 15, 2011, 02:01:45 PM
Quote from: Behold Darkness on Mar 15, 2011, 02:47:27 AM
Please tell me you have watched Where the Buffalo Roam with Bill Murray(as HST) and Peter Boyle(as his lawyer). Also GONZO was good A LOT of funny stories about him, Gary Busey is officially insane, and f**k: Documentary has some funny parts with HST in it and his opinion about the word f**k. I own ever book and most of his 'essays', plus the old rolling stones editions with his writings/also cant forget High Times!!!!. I wish he was still around.  When I Die was very touching to watch, his funeral narrated my Johnny D-with the infamous gonzo cannon, I think I paid $60 for the dvd, very interesting none the less --- Buy the Ticket Take the Ride is also a very interesting piece about the man himself. 

Any further info on the Rum Diary now that I think about it? Too lazy to bother with Google - shutting off the interweb and grabbing a nice old bottle of water once this post is exhausted. Actually that's now. 321

Oh and I mean the Rum Diary movie that D double P mentioned was on it's way to being in production.

Yeah ive got Fear & Loathing and Where The Buffalo Roam in a DVD boxset. Where the Buffalo Roam wasnt recieved very well critically but I love it. Bill Murray is fantastic. Ive also got Gonzo (the documentary narrated by Johnny Depp) which I think is the one you refer to. If you havnt read Ralph Steadmans book (The Jokes Over: Memories of Hunter S Thompson) its pretty good. Its basically Ralph writing about all the insane situations he got himself in with Hunter over the years.

As for The Rum Diary movie its a strange one. They actually finished filming it over a year ago. It stars Johnny Depp, Aaron Eckhardt, Giovanni Ribisi and Amber Heard. Whats strange is that post production seemed to have stopped and it looked like the movie hadnt been picked up by distributors. Theres rumors it will be released later this year but its hard to find any genuine info about it other than movie websites with speculations.

I knew I liked you.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) - 8.5/10

First Blood

First Blood

Manhunter (1986)

A relatively underrated thriller film based upon Thomas Harris' novel Red Dragon. It's a shame this got sort of pushed into obscurity. This film in part is much better than Brett Ratner's cash-in Red Dragon. Manhunter has various things going for it, which makes it work. It's early Michael Mann (Heat, Collateral, Public Enemies). He really starts firing on all cylinders with this film.

Second is William Peterson, around this time he wasn't a huge star when he made this. So it makes his role of Will Graham seem much more authentic. Next is Brian Cox as Hannibal Lecter (Lecktor in the film). Cox doesn't present himself as flamboyant as Hopkins did. Cox is still able to breathe life into the character though, being both chilling and intellectually sinister. Manhunter follows the novel much closer and doesn't exploit Lecter like Red Dragon did. In the novel, Graham only goes to him a small amount of times, and the film captures that.

Next is Tom Noonan as Francis Dollarhyde. Not only does Noonan play a creep so well, he looks like one. And lastly...remember Stephen Lang, playing that big bad marine Quaritch in Avatar? He's here, as a sleazy, meek reporter who meets an interesting fate.

Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight, Will? It appears quite black.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

^ I like Manhunter...

Deadgirl - 8.8/10

It's different...

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 17, 2011, 01:40:21 AM
Spoiler
Manhunter (1986)

A relatively underrated thriller film based upon Thomas Harris' novel Red Dragon. It's a shame this got sort of pushed into obscurity. This film in part is much better than Brett Ratner's cash-in Red Dragon. Manhunter has various things going for it, which makes it work. It's early Michael Mann (Heat, Collateral, Public Enemies). He really starts firing on all cylinders with this film.

Second is William Peterson, around this time he wasn't a huge star when he made this. So it makes his role of Will Graham seem much more authentic. Next is Brian Cox as Hannibal Lecter (Lecktor in the film). Cox doesn't present himself as flamboyant as Hopkins did. Cox is still able to breathe life into the character though, being both chilling and intellectually sinister. Manhunter follows the novel much closer and doesn't exploit Lecter like Red Dragon did. In the novel, Graham only goes to him a small amount of times, and the film captures that.

Next is Tom Noonan as Francis Dollarhyde. Not only does Noonan play a creep so well, he looks like one. And lastly...remember Stephen Lang, playing that big bad marine Quaritch in Avatar? He's here, as a sleazy, meek reporter who meets an interesting fate.

Have you ever seen blood in the moonlight, Will? It appears quite black.
[close]

Precisement. And hell, whilst it's close, I prefer Manhunter over Silence. It's just a shame that this may never escape "cult favourite" status.  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed