Could have been better. (2/5)
61 (13.3%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 282,444 times)

SM

SM

'Why I am answering a question no one ever asked.'

You see it a lot in online journalism as well. It's generally about as dull as you think it'd be.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 21, 2017, 12:34:51 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 21, 2017, 12:28:01 PMThe part where Ferris or Farris is getting screamed at to open the door while she's the one that's clearly going to be infected with blood on her face. That is so stupid it makes you want to break the tv.

It's not stupid at all.

It's someone who's terrified and panicking and more concerned about saving themselves than the fact they have blood on their face. It's selfish and irresponsible, but it's perfectly believable given the heap of scary shit she finds herself in.

I get why people harp on her constantly falling over (not that I found that especially silly either, given the horrific chaos that's unfolding), but her refusing to open that door isn't dumb at all. It's survival instinct in a panicked situation.

I don't know man, possible but hard to believe Weyland (Nasa on super steroids and more, much more) would send someone that loses their cool, and all their shit, on the first site of some blood or some yelling about. Space miners or Space truck men sure...I don't know, it's a hard one to accept and live with lol. Every time I see it...she just totally fux up that whole scene.

They should have both went and got guns and hid and see what it does and giggle tee hee hee.

SM

SM

Faris was cool as flying through the storm.  Tennessee said he'd never heard his wife scared before.  This was unprecedented.

How much extreme violence do you think the average commercial pilot is exposed to?

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: SM on Aug 22, 2017, 02:19:26 AM
Faris was cool as flying through the storm.  Tennessee said he'd never heard his wife scared before.  This was unprecedented.

How much extreme violence do you think the average commercial pilot is exposed to?

It's just that she loses her stuff as soon as she hears Karine thrpugh the mic say with a louder than usual tone, "We're coming prepare the med bay", That's pretty delicate, but yet again, if there had been more backstory aboard the Covenant earlier in the film, (Something interesting should have happened during those 7 weeks to reach this planet) that kind of spooked her out,haps learning something from the damn company.

There was the captain on fire situation, but something involving the company or the Prometheus perhaps. Than again, they are far away, maybe that's freaking her out too.

Wouldn't you need to be on a high level of clearance and things to be allowed to travel with 2000 embryos, etc and be responsible for them to arrive on a never explored before habitable planet, unless it's the norm during those years...or Weyland sends expendible people?

I edited and trimmed my 2 last posts..

SM

SM

Faris started to get concerned, not unreasonably, when Ledward, who looked like Death warmed over, spewed blood all over Karine.

Quote(Something interesting should have happened during those 7 weeks to reach this planet)

I think it's only about 2 weeks.

QuoteWouldn't you need to be on a high level of clearance and things to be allowed to travel with 2000 embryos, etc and be responsible for them to arrive on a new habitable planet, unless it's the norm during those years...or Weyland sends expendible peole?

Dunno what you mean.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 22, 2017, 03:37:37 AMWouldn't you need to be on a high level of clearance and things to be allowed to travel with 2000 embryos, etc and be responsible for them to arrive on a never explored before habitable planet, unless it's the norm during those years...or Weyland sends expendible people?

I'm sure they're very well trained, but I doubt that training involved how to deal with alien lifeforms exploding out of people. Plus, Faris isn't part of the security team, who you'd expect to be hardened against that sort of thing to at least some degree. She's just a pilot.

The ones who are dumb are Ledward and Hallett for getting exposed in the first place. Faris' reaction to the carnage seems pretty legit to me. I completely buy her losing it and doing ill thought-out things in that situation. Don't forget, she's never seen an Alien film before, this is all new to her ;)

Gash

Gash

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 21, 2017, 12:34:51 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 21, 2017, 12:28:01 PMThe part where Ferris or Farris is getting screamed at to open the door while she's the one that's clearly going to be infected with blood on her face. That is so stupid it makes you want to break the tv.

It's not stupid at all.

It's someone who's terrified and panicking and more concerned about saving themselves than the fact they have blood on their face. It's selfish and irresponsible, but it's perfectly believable given the heap of scary shit she finds herself in.

I get why people harp on her constantly falling over (not that I found that especially silly either, given the horrific chaos that's unfolding), but her refusing to open that door isn't dumb at all. It's survival instinct in a panicked situation.

Spot on.

SM

SM

How are Hallet and Ledward dumb for getting exposed?  How were they supposed to avoid what they can't see?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hallett literally leans in and pokes at the thing, setting it off in his face. But really I guess that's a wider issue with them not taking any kind of precautions while exploring a new planet. Sure, I 'd assumed they did some scans beforehand or something, but who says that's 100% reliable, especially with potentially unknown life? They could still quite easily don masks.

It didn't bug me a whole lot (certainly not as much as Oram taking David's word for it), but it was definitely more silly than what Faris did, which struck me as entirely believable.

Rudiger

Rudiger

Quote from: SM on Aug 22, 2017, 12:00:49 PM
How are Hallet and Ledward dumb for getting exposed?  How were they supposed to avoid what they can't see?

They're certainly as dumb as the rest of the crew, blundering about a supposedly alien planet without a care in the world.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 22, 2017, 12:30:02 PM
Hallett literally leans in and pokes at the thing, setting it off in his face. But really I guess that's a wider issue with them not taking any kind of precautions while exploring a new planet. Sure, I 'd assumed they did some scans beforehand or something, but who says that's 100% reliable, especially with potentially unknown life? They could still quite easily don masks.

It didn't bug me a whole lot (certainly not as much as Oram taking David's word for it), but it was definitely more silly than what Faris did, which struck me as entirely believable.

Yeah, that was nutty too...why look at these cute oval things I wonder what they could be! Might have some popcorn inside, I should look!

Sorry but Faris still bugs me, I don't think I've hated or found dumber a character in the entire Aliens/AVP franchise, except some in AVP2...I just hate her man! I hate her because she freaks out not when seeing spines coming out of someone's back instead she freezes as soon as she hears a voice telling her we are coming prepare the med bay. OMG I wanna kill her. lol

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

As someone who talked endlessly on this forum about the unbearable stupidity of every single character in Covenant, I think Faris' behavior during the medbay scene makes total sense...at least until she comes back into the room and starts bloodskating.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Aug 22, 2017, 07:53:02 PMSorry but Faris still bugs me, I don't think I've hated or found dumber a character in the entire Aliens/AVP franchise, except some in AVP2...I just hate her man!

May I suggest Prometheus?

Plenty of characters do far more idiotic stuff in that, often while under no stress whatsoever.

SM

SM

QuoteSorry but Faris still bugs me, I don't think I've hated or found dumber a character in the entire Aliens/AVP franchise, except some in AVP2...I just hate her man! I hate her because she freaks out not when seeing spines coming out of someone's back instead she freezes as soon as she hears a voice telling her we are coming prepare the med bay. OMG I wanna kill her. lol

That isn't what happens at all.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: Paranoid Android on Aug 22, 2017, 08:13:37 PM
As someone who talked endlessly on this forum about the unbearable stupidity of every single character in Covenant,

I know, just like Kane looking over the egg in Alien.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed