So whats Blomkamp actually gonna call the movie?

Started by FreeFacehugz, Sep 16, 2015, 11:01:42 AM

Author
So whats Blomkamp actually gonna call the movie? (Read 6,021 times)

FreeFacehugz

He said he knows what he wants to call it but he's not ready to give it away yet. Cant remember the exact reason, but anyway... What do you think he's gonna call it? Not what you think it should be called or anything like that. Realistically what would you put your bets on?

Personally I think he's gonna call it simply ALIEN 3

I think he wont reveal it yet because of the inevitable backlash. He's gonna wait for the first teaser or trailer. Set the tone and theme then slow fade in......

A L I E N 3

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Calling it Alien 3 is just going to cause people to confuse it with the existing movie. It should be "Alien:_______" followed by the title, not a number.

Here is what Blomkamp said with regards to the title:

Quote"One thing that makes me feel good about it is that Ridley is producing it. He likes the idea of what I want to make."

The Chappie director wasn't about to spill the beans about what that might be, however, instead teasing that even revealing his idea for the movie's title would be too much information. "I sent the title to Ridley," he said. "It's kinda quite bold, but it gives away to much if I say the title."

Of the mysterious title, Blomkamp had one more hint to give: "In the event that it doesn't work, I'm dead in the water," he said. Is that a hint about what the title might be, or maybe a sign of the script's big idea?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/neill-blomkamp-talks-alien-project-783732

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

To me that still points to ALIEN3. I dont think it will confuse people really. it definitely wouldn't be the first time a title has been re-used. in future people would refere to them as Blomkamp's ALIEN3 or Lynches ALIEN3, or ALIEN3(2017). there would be more of a backlash over the fact of taking the title from lynches movie.
"It's kinda quite bold"
"In the event that it doesn't work, I'm dead in the water"

I think what would really confuse people more would be not call it ALIEN3. Since its gonna be a sequel to ALIENS. most people will go to it expecting a sequel to Ressurection and be thnking... wtf?

Also i think most titles that would be ALIEN_____  just end up looking silly/cheesy imo.

Predatorium

The official name of the movie will be:

ALIENS: Retcon

whiterabbit

QuoteOf the mysterious title, Blomkamp had one more hint to give: "In the event that it doesn't work, I'm dead in the water," he said. Is that a hint about what the title might be, or maybe a sign of the script's big idea?
Oh good god it's going to be called Aliens Forever!

Ultramorph

I don't think it'll be Alien 3, but Aliens 2 could be possible.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Sep 16, 2015, 03:02:09 PM
To me that still points to ALIEN3. I dont think it will confuse people really. it definitely wouldn't be the first time a title has been re-used. in future people would refere to them as Blomkamp's ALIEN3 or Lynches ALIEN3, or ALIEN3(2017). there would be more of a backlash over the fact of taking the title from lynches movie.
"It's kinda quite bold"

I think what would really confuse people more would be not call it ALIEN3. Since its gonna be a sequel to ALIENS. most people will go to it expecting a sequel to Ressurection and be thnking... wtf?

Also i think most titles that would be ALIEN_____  just end up looking silly/cheesy imo.

The working title was Alien: Xeno and that admittedly does sound a bit like the title of an Alien mobile game or something.

But the concept art he has released has already shown that it's a sequel to Aliens. Why would he be concerned that the title would give away too much information if we already know it's an alternate Alien 3?

Oh, and by the way, Alien 3 was directed by David Fincher not David Lynch.  :laugh:

System Apollo

Alien Xeno?

So when it is released in Greece the title would be Alien : Alien ?

:laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Hahaha... basically yes. Just in case they missed it the first time.

The original Alien (1979) was released in Greece (and many other European nations) as Alien: The Eighth Passenger.

So it's not unprecedented for an Alien film to have a title behind it. Alien: Resurrection did it as well.

I suppose if it literally has anything to do with water they can just call it Alien: Poseidon. Ties in with the Greek mythology of Prometheus.

System Apollo

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 17, 2015, 03:08:45 PM
Hahaha... basically yes. Just in case they missed it the first time.

The original Alien (1979) was released in Greece (and many other European nations) as Alien: The Eighth Passenger.

So it's not unprecedented for an Alien film to have a title behind it. Alien: Resurrection did it as well.

I suppose if it literally has anything to do with water they can just call it Alien: Poseidon. Ties in with the Greek mythology of Prometheus.
I like the name The Eighth Passenger, sounds really inviting for a sci-fi horror film.
I wonder if they ever do a film with teenagers lost in space they would call it Alien: Dionysus implying everyone was having a good time before everything went to hell.  :laugh:

FreeFacehugz

FreeFacehugz

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Sep 17, 2015, 12:49:06 PM
Quote from: FreeFacehugz on Sep 16, 2015, 03:02:09 PM
"It's kinda quite bold"

The working title was Alien: Xeno and that admittedly does sound a bit like the title of an Alien mobile game or something.

But the concept art he has released has already shown that it's a sequel to Aliens. Why would he be concerned that the title would give away too much information if we already know it's an alternate Alien 3?

Oh, and by the way, Alien 3 was directed by David Fincher not David Lynch.  :laugh:

What? You've never seen David Lynches Alie.... yeah major f**k up there. EARASER it from your HEAD.
Anyway yeah he's gonna have to do something with the title to show the average audience member that its a sequel to ALIENS since most people dont be on the internet looking at concept art and to be honest if most people these days seen the art they still wouldn't know or remember the cannon timeline so far. And i dont think he'll want to spend the whole advertising time and money trying to explain to people what he's doing, when its set and what happened up untill then. By calling it ALIEN3 most people will prob just be like "ALIEN3? Wasnt there already an ALIEN3? And 4?" "Yeah this is a different take. I didnt like the last 2 anyway" "Oh okay, cool"
Maybe ALIEN3__something____. Plus was it even Blomkamp who officially said he was gonna retcon 3 and 4? I thought it was Micheal Biehn or someone. Blomkamp just said its more connected to 1 and 2 but wont touch 3 and 4?

Mr. Clemens

Episode III: The Ripster Awakens.

Infected

Alien: Kebab.

Cos it will be a mix of thrown away meat mixed with a lot of spices, that after eating you wish you didnt,
and makes your shit comes out like Niagara Fallls.

markweatherill

'Alien: Shmalien'

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Maybe he'll go the round-about way and call the movie Ellen.

edit: oh and, so we're going to be doing this again?

I renominate: AlienĀ³: TakeĀ²

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed