Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1053

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 601,762 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Apr 28, 2024, 12:35:00 PMDaniels, definitely intentionally a Ripley like, because the film subverts that through David winning.

Yup; I mean aesthetically she is literally Kenner Ripley. 😂

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

The M41A pulse rifle is cool and all, but resurrection has a gun in a thermos. A GUN...in a thermos. Iconic. 😎

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I love Christie's wrist guns. My favourite.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: gold on Apr 28, 2024, 07:48:00 PMThere is a reason the M41A (lower picture) is an icon of SciFi history and the upper picture from Resurrection was forgotten.
The reason is the M41-A was named and given multiple loving closeups and a walkthrough of its use and features in the film. Its design is only a small part of why it stuck so well in people's minds.

After all, if it was just the design, you wouldn't have thought to ask

Quote from: gold on Apr 28, 2024, 10:09:09 AMCan you name any weapon from A3,
Since it's the same weapon, very slightly modified.

BeeHooKoo

BeeHooKoo

For me the question wasn't even fair, the first 1979 version is the best Alien movie. I like the haunting atmosphere of the first film, the horror elements, the theme changes, the development of the actors' characters as the story progresses, the details, etc. Otherwise, the film is exceptional in the world of cinema.

Aliens comes in second, but it's hard to compare Cameron and Scott's films because they represent different film genres.
James Cameron's Aliens movie has a strong action and hero vibe right from the beginning, lots of guns, macho action, lots of aliens, lots of everything...compared to Ridley Scott's Alien movie, I think Cameron's Aliens has too much of everything.

Alien 3 was a good try, but is overshadowed by the first two Alien movies.
What about Alien Resurrection...that's a movie that shouldn't have been made at all.

"David8" movies have been less noticed by me. Sure, they're well done and everything is ok, but...there is something about them that I don't like, I don't know what, maybe it's the plot and xeno birth idea that I don't really like - I can't say.

I'm waiting to see a Romulus movie, but I think it's just a teen slasher movie in space without any major plot content or more aliens in the story.
I expect more from the TV Series than from Romulus.

Slutty Badger

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BeeHooKoo on Today at 03:54:30 PMmacho action

Aliens is anything but macho.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Drake Apone and Hudson would like to have a word with you.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 07:47:40 PMDrake Apone and Hudson would like to have a word with you.

You mean Apone and Drake, who were taken down pretty quickly in the Hive, and Hudson, who needed Ripley to tell him to get a grip?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed