AhabPredator

Not movie or game related, but...

The Old One

The Old One

Doctor Aphra huh, aight.
Not exstatic but not a bad choice.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Doctor Aphra was interesting when she was working for Vader.  Not so much anymore.

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

The historical sites she visits just ain't all that, it pales in comparison to some of the Legends stuff, bearing in mind there was plenty stupid in each era in Legends too- but what's the whole point of the retcon if you're going to do things the same but worse?

Rey and Kylo Ren Vs Jaina and Darth Cadeus.

They still didn't fix the problem of minor characters all becoming WAY too important, beyond believability that the EU did-

JOCASTA NU should've died in the Temple with all the others for instance, not shot Lord Vader with a goddamn lightsaber crystal powered rifle. Ugh, I was so onboard for Disney's SW to take what worked, improve upon it and leave the rest but they've done the opposite in most cases.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I imagine we'll see a lot of Jedi survivors in due course, if only to serve as plausible threats to occupy Vader throughout the years between ROTS and ANH.

Quite frankly, I never liked Jocasta Nu until she demonstrated that she was more than a stodgy librarian.  I actually hope we get to see more Jedi like Rahm Kota from TFU.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Forget watching the Episode lX trailer during the super bowl  :P

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1089961834306621440

Also, we need more Yoda-like characters in games and, why not, movies.  8)

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1089589699184902145

Does anyone know anything about this species anyway ???

Vermillion

Vermillion

They must be super duper really worried about Episode IX.
Don't blame them. I almost think it'll do less than Rogue One in the theatres.
It'll have a low opening if $175 million. And a steep steep drop off as people go wtf.
It'll put Disney for the first time in the red.

I truly hope JJ can right the ship, but he's stuck with only 2 hours to fix a complete mess and failure.  Token Luke Leia and Han reunion might work.  Pretty sure Vader makes an appearance. But it's too late.

No Super Bowl trailer...I can't believe they are not at least doing a tease. 

Wow.  I'm perplexed to no end.

Evanus

Evanus

Ehh, it makes sense since they have other big films to market like Captain Marvel and Endgame. Especially since IX is almost a year away. It'll be a huge success regardless, and it'll certainly do better than Rogue One.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 28, 2019, 10:40:50 PM
They must be super duper really worried about Episode IX.
Don't blame them. I almost think it'll do less than Rogue One in the theatres.
It'll have a low opening if $175 million. And a steep steep drop off as people go wtf.
It'll put Disney for the first time in the red.

I truly hope JJ can right the ship, but he's stuck with only 2 hours to fix a complete mess and failure.  Token Luke Leia and Han reunion might work.  Pretty sure Vader makes an appearance. But it's too late.

No Super Bowl trailer...I can't believe they are not at least doing a tease. 

Wow.  I'm perplexed to no end.

They haven't done a Super Bowl tease for any of the films except Solo and that was because the movie was coming out in May.

They are not going to show any footage until Star Wars Celebration. Following a similar marketing plan they did with Episode 7, 8, and Rogue One. First trailer is usually in April at Celebration and then we get a final trailer in Late October.

They hard not hiding anything. Disney is going to focus on the movies they have coming out in the next couple of months. Endgame, Captain Marvel, and Dumbo. It costs millions of dollars for 30 seconds of footage during the Superbowl and it makes more sense to use it on movies coming out soon versus a movie still 10 months away.

Vermillion

Vermillion

They're scared of a few million dollars for a trailer during the Super Bowl??  Surely Star Wars will make that back easily? [emoji57]
But that's what they are afraid of.

Read that as Yoda.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Vermillion on Jan 29, 2019, 02:02:03 AM
They're scared of a few million dollars for a trailer during the Super Bowl??  Surely Star Wars will make that back easily? [emoji57]
But that's what they are afraid of.

Read that as Yoda.

Afraid of what? They have a marketing plan and schedule that hasn't changed for any of their December released Star Wars movies. Why would they change that? Because the fans are still mad about Episode 8?

They are not afraid to show any footage but marketing is designed to keep a momentum going for the movie. Nobody is going to want a 30 second clip as the first look for what is being called the final chapter of the Skywalker saga.

Vermillion

Vermillion

They need to revamp their whole Star Wars marketing plan. 

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 29, 2019, 03:00:05 AM
Nobody is going to want a 30 second clip as the first look for what is being called the final chapter of the Skywalker saga.

Which final chapter? The 1983 one or the 2005 one?

MudButt

MudButt

And now I'm reminded why I stay out of this thread  ::)

The Old One

The Old One

https://youtu.be/k-kxklMSEc4

https://youtu.be/c85KaDSMIRM

The "Staff of StarWars.com" portion, is painfully unfortunately accurate.

& I love Freddie Prinze Junior!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed