Concerning the Predalien reproductive ability *SPOILERS*

Started by Richman678, Dec 31, 2007, 06:10:33 AM

Author
Concerning the Predalien reproductive ability *SPOILERS* (Read 5,044 times)

marrerom

Quote from: ScarPredator16 on Dec 31, 2007, 06:55:36 AM
Why is it so hard to accept that it was just a young, undeveloped, queen's way of reproducing? It makes complete sense.

exactly.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: marrerom on Dec 31, 2007, 07:05:21 AM
Why is it so hard to accept that it was just a young, undeveloped, queen's way of reproducing? It makes complete sense.

exactly.

because its already established that Queens are born queens, and besides the small crest, (predators have a slightly crested head also)  there is no indication it is a molting queen,  it only has two arms, and the hugger that got Scar was not a superfacehugger.  Collin himself said the Alternate cuts of the films are canon, so people cant really argue the Queenfacehugger idea.

Richman678

I do believe i remember the chestburster in alien 3 looking very queen like.

Bishop2

It doesn't really make complete sense, and here's my issue with it: If these young chestburster embyros can only be impanted into a female creature with a womb, um... yeah... that's just really, really weird.  How would the aliens evolve a method of reproduction that depends on mammalian reproduction in order to function, especially when they are egg-layers?  And, more importantly, they're ALIENS, and therefore how many freaking mammalian creatures could it really be encountering that would lead to such an adaption?!  Weirder stlll when you consider that she specifically seems to target females that are already pregnant - even the waitress has a tiny bit of pudge and squeezes her stomach thoughtfully in one scene while thinking about her husband, which seems to indicate that she's pregnant too.  That limits the options even further.

ScarPredator16

Quote from: Wraith on Dec 31, 2007, 07:00:33 AM

Egg morphing made more sense and looked way better than the f**king gut burster monstrosity's.  >:(

egg morphing was so rediculess. It makes no sense at all. How exactly can someone get "morphed" into an egg (and eventually a facehugger)

Bishop2

Quote from: AdamJZ on Dec 31, 2007, 07:07:26 AM

exactly.

because its already established that Queens are born queens, and besides the small crest, (predators have a slightly crested head also)  there is no indication it is a molting queen,  it only has two arms, and the hugger that got Scar was not a superfacehugger.  Collin himself said the Alternate cuts of the films are cannon, so people cant really argue the Queenfacehugger idea.

Yeah they can, because Colin doesn't get to decide what's canon in the earlier films and what isn't.

marrerom

exactly.

because its already established that Queens are born queens, and besides the small crest, (predators have a slightly crested head also)  there is no indication it is a molting queen,  it only has two arms, and the hugger that got Scar was not a superfacehugger.

1)molting doesnt interfere with queens being born queens because aliens only molt when they have no supper facehuggers or queens present.
2)colin has stated its a young queen thing. its how they build up their army before they become incapacitated with the egg sac.

RidgeTop

Quote from: Bishop2 on Dec 31, 2007, 07:08:58 AM
It doesn't really make complete sense, and here's my issue with it: If these young chestburster embyros can only be impanted into a female creature with a womb, um... yeah... that's just really, really weird.  How would the aliens evolve a method of reproduction that depends on mammalian reproduction in order to function, especially when they are egg-layers?  And, more importantly, they're ALIENS, and therefore how many freaking mammalian creatures could it really be encountering that would lead to such an adaption?!  Weirder stlll when you consider that she specifically seems to target females that are already pregnant - even the waitress has a tiny bit of pudge and squeezes her stomach thoughtfully in one scene while thinking about her husband, which seems to indicate that she's pregnant too.  That limits the options even further.

I kinda thought the Predalien implanted that homeless woman in the drain.  

Bishop2

Quote from: AdamJZ on Dec 31, 2007, 07:12:27 AM
Quote from: Bishop2 on Dec 31, 2007, 07:08:58 AM

I kinda thought the Predalien implanted that homeless woman in the drain. 

I think so.  Although we have no way of knowing if she was pregnant or not.

ScarPredator16

exactly.

because its already established that Queens are born queens, and besides the small crest, (predators have a slightly crested head also)  there is no indication it is a molting queen,  it only has two arms, and the hugger that got Scar was not a superfacehugger.  Collin himself said the Alternate cuts of the films are canon, so people cant really argue the Queenfacehugger idea.

When was this established queens go from chestbursters to giant sized queens? There has to be some sort of growth period inbetween.

And the facehugger problem is a good point, but I'll just give the filmmakers a break and mark it off as a continuity error.

Richman678

we should put this question in the Ask Colin Strause thread maybe he can help it out.

RidgeTop

Quote from: ScarPredator16 on Dec 31, 2007, 07:14:37 AM

exactly.

When was this established queens go from chestbursters to giant sized queens? There has to be some sort of growth period inbetween.

And the facehugger problem is a good point, but I'll just give the filmmakers a break and mark it off as a continuity error.

In Alien 3 the burster is a queen chestburster, Ripley states this multiple times,  and when you see it, you'll notice it has 4 tiny arms and a crest.

Quote from: Richman678 on Dec 31, 2007, 07:18:28 AM
we should put this question in the Ask Colin Strause thread maybe he can help it out.

The Ask Collin thread is locked for some reason.

also, the fact still stands, we shouldent have had to do all this explaining,  they should not have messed with the established life cycle in the first place, FOX was just trying to save a few bucks by not having a Queen in the film.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: AdamJZ on Dec 31, 2007, 07:03:51 AM
I hate thinking that Predators reproduce with their mouths,  I like to think that they reproduce like we do

And I couldn't agree anymore with you! I like to think that the Yautja reproduce in a way similar to we do, the Yautja males simply impregnate the female Yautja through intercourse. But the biological function of it would differe vastly different from the way humans do-- I recall a fan site where it had great theories on how the Yautja females would carry their young inside. It was ran by Kleeng Seerot, and he even had drawn diagrams on the site as well. The Yautja females would have a womb inside, but inside the womb wouldn't be fetuses but rather eggs, which had a soft membrane and inside the eggs would be the fetus. The womb would be large enough to support many Yautja children inside, hence an explaination as to why Yautja males would father many suckers from one or more Yautja females.

Concerning the PredAlien-- we know that Scar was indeed a male, but as with many Queens, regaurdless of the gender of the host, will always be female but it will take characteristics of the host. In the case of the PredAlien, it was a young queen... or dare I even say this... a Praetorian, in someways. As for the way it reproduced... perhaps it was carrying some small Alien eggs or zygote inside, and through it's odd morphology, the only way it was able to do that was in a manner similar to how sea horses place in their eggs into their male counter parts, but not exactly in the same way. When it would shove it's secondary jaws inside the hosts mouth, perhaps it would shove some sort of thick straw like oviposter (think of the organ Bees use their straw like mouth appendage to gather nector) to place the zygote into the host's mouth.

There maybe some contridictions in this theory but... this is me trying to explain something which has some mystery to it.

-Rakai'Thwei

Richman678

honestly I think this just a huge hole in a story, cause the last couple of screen writers failed to actually pay attention to the prior movies and here we are bitching about it.

That Yellow Alien

Just because the Predalien reproduced orally doesn't mean Predators do. Like I said, it could be an amalgamation of these methods. Perhaps Predators give birth in litters, explaining the multiple chestbursters.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed