Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 155,054 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Sorry. I wouldn't want to spoil the movie anymore than I already have. If you really wanna know, buy a ticket.

Another reason I won't talk about it is because frankly it's my mistake for engaging with you and derailing the thread to do so. It just galls me that you can't admit I was right about anything, you can't admit you were wrong and you can't even apologize for how you behave - and after all that, you can't seem to consider the possibility that your opinion is colored by the fact that you don't have the script yourself, and that you and your buddy (who evidently isn't a great reader) are simply breathing the same air and confirming your own biases. You won't listen to anyone else who's actually read the script because you've already decided. You've realized by now that I've read it and you haven't, but you're still trying to 'quiz' me to satisfy you. That's never going to happen because you don't want to be satisfied, and you're angry and embarrassed.

It would be one thing if someone else who's read it had a difference of opinion, that's fair. This is quite another. You're just another angry fan, but you're treating me like I'm subject to some constant interrogation. The burden of some sort of 'proof' is not on me. It's on you, and you can't prove it. So my advice to you is: Enjoy the movie, and next time think about how you treat people.

The Alien Predator

^

The moment of silk ass wiping is here, boys and girls.

Seriously Predator_Spirit, the guy owes you nothing. If you don't like the film, the choice is yours. There's nothing you can do now that will change the course of the movie, and frankly by trying is just being selfish. No one can ever be satisfied.

The general audience far outnumbers Predators fans, and this is a movie Shane Black is making for them as it'll generate more money, not for you. This is how business works.

With that being said, I genuinely do hope you enjoy the film and if you don't, then oh well, you literally got three films to rewatch with the same formula as the first plus an additional two with Aliens in them.

It's not the end of the world, there's no need to get so riled up over a rasta alien hunter in a loincloth and kinky fetish body netting.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 18, 2017, 04:10:40 PM
Sorry. I wouldn't want to spoil the movie anymore than I already have. If you really wanna know, buy a ticket.

That's what I thought while reading your posts, looked like damage control.

Some people might like this movie you know, don't you worry.I want the fans to know, then everybody can
decide.Those who don't want to know will skip this thread.Simple

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Apr 18, 2017, 05:30:04 PM
The general audience far outnumbers Predators fans,

Then you have nothing to worry about. :)

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 18, 2017, 06:11:30 PM
That's what I thought while reading your posts, looked like damage control.

You got it. That's exactly it. It can't be that I'm sick and tired of being browbeaten by a guy on the Internet who doesn't even have the script but considers himself more of an authority than the people who do.

QuoteI want the fans to know, then everybody can decide.

What do you want the fans to know? That you don't like what you've heard? Yeah, we know. But you're not changing anything - the movie is being made, the script is cooked. It's done and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Black has final cut. Like it or don't, be my guest.

The Alien Predator

In the end of the day, I hope that all those who don't like what they're hearing now end up enjoying the movie. I know that's wishful thinking on my part though and as said earlier, you can't please everyone.

I'll never hold their opinions against them lol. (But it'll be hilarious if this becomes your favourite movie, Predator_Spirit.  :P  :laugh:)

BishopShouldGo

Stick him on 'Ignore', Speedy. The board reads much cleaner.

von

von

Don't worry Predator_Spirit, it's a little too late to make the Fox executives change their mind about this movie even if they're glued to your posts :D you will still have to buy your ticket on opening day

Russ840

Lol I can't believe the same bull is going on in this thread.

Speedy. Just ignore him and Predator-Spirit stop going on at him. Talk about something constructive. Every time I check this thread it's you two just going back and forth with same comments.

Speedy, how does the script compare to what we have so far with Black's three, directed movies ?

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 18, 2017, 08:12:44 PM
Speedy. Just ignore him

You're right, it's my fault. I'm running on very little sleep with some work deadlines as well as tax filing, so my temper is short.

QuoteSpeedy, how does the script compare to what we have so far with Black's three, directed movies ?

My understanding from a source (which may be inaccurate) is that this is largely Dekker's script written from Black's story. That may or may not be true, but it feels a bit more like Dekker as opposed to Black to my eye. They are very tight and have worked together for decades so their sensibilities are closely woven and it's sometimes hard to tell. I personally could use a smidge more of the Shane Black bite from Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or The Nice Guys, but it's pretty gritty and witty as is IMO. I think it's at least as solid as Nice Guys or IM3, though obviously very different. I rate almost no recent movie next to Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which I think is a masterpiece. But it's pretty good, IMO. Again, if you like this sort of thing. Many may not. It also reminds me a fair bit of Dekker's legendary Night of the Creeps and some of Monster Squad, but we've discussed that a few pages back.

Worth tracking down, BTW: The script Black & Dekker wrote in the '80s for John Carpenter's unmade Shadow Company, about Kurt Russell taking on zombified Vietnam vets in small town America. Great fun. Got mothballed when a couple of Carpenter's big studio pix (The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China) bombed.

Russ840

Agreed regarding Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Amazing. I have said many times on these threads that so far, for me, black has a perfect track record in directing. 3 for 3.

I prefer Iron Man 3 over Iron Man and I am a comic reader and fan boy.

I need to rewatch Nice Guys actually.

I personally think we are very lucky to have Black directing this movie.

SpeedyMaxx

Very very. Even putting aside his directorial work, Shane Black is a legend.

Russ840

I honestly think I will love this film although I must say, it will be jarring as it is such a departure to the last three movies. I welcome that though. I don't get why some think that a species that can travel the cosmos and have advanced weaponary, are only hunters and that's all they do and any deviation from this practice is heracy.

There will be predator scientists

Predator engineers

Predator explorers

Predator farmers

Predator soldiers

And many more

Clearly their characteristics and behaviour will be different to us but logically there will be this sort of diversity. 

SpeedyMaxx

All I can say is there are standard Predators and other creatures as well in this movie. They may not be the type of things you describe, but they're definitely different. You could be right though, who knows what's on their homeworld?

Russ840

Russ840

That's what I mean dude. My point was that I can't see why people complain because the film is not using the same template that has come before.

The things that are going to happen in this movie, whether they be as the leak describes or different. Why are they bad. Why couldn't they be things that happen in the Predator universe.

Anything goes as long as it's executed well

Keith

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 18, 2017, 01:39:25 PM
The story is not about them, it is focused on the humans dealing with the various variety of Predators,.

In a movie called "The Predator"? Sounds like complete and total garbage.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed