Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 155,055 times)

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 13, 2017, 09:07:23 PM
Tell me the page number and i'll double check my source.

Yeah, I'm not doing that, firstly because I'm working right now and I don't have the script in front of me at the moment, and second because I'm not a trained seal who performs on demand and won't be doing that regardless. What I will say is it happens at least twice courtesy of the Predators, maybe more, I can't recall for sure. If your source doesn't know that they're either misremembering (which happens), have some other draft (which I doubt), or simply don't have the script.

You don't buy it, nothing I can (or rather, will) do about it. If I cared about attention I would - I don't.

goose_3387

The hate is strong for this movie already - even before a trailer hits. This movie probably doesn't stand a chance with the fans but as mentioned it will cater towards the current generation of casual movie fans.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 09:15:11 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 13, 2017, 09:07:23 PM
Tell me the page number and i'll double check my source.

Yeah, I'm not doing that, firstly because I'm working right now and I don't have the script in front of me at the moment, and second because I'm not a trained seal who performs on demand and won't be doing that regardless. What I will say is it happens at least twice courtesy of the Predators, maybe more, I can't recall for sure. If your source doesn't know that they're either misremembering (which happens), have some other draft (which I doubt), or simply don't have the script.

You don't buy it, nothing I can (or rather, will) do about it. If I cared about attention I would - I don't.

It's impossible because the predators don't hunt in this movie.The spinal cord ripping is only talked about by human characters.
I think you've got a phony draft.

paperhearts

The plot formula that made the 87 Predator movie is the standard for the majority of action movies before it and after it. Still succeeds now.  But I have no problem with them adding new elements, more complex storylines, if done right.

And from everything I've learned so far especially from here, it's not being done right.  It's completely over the top and completely bastardizes the original formula by going 200% in every element. They decided to add not just dogs but other animals and hybrids that are suppose to be "scarier".  We got not one predator but another bigger advanced one who is covered from head to toe in impenetrable armor.  They kept the group of military bad asses to fight the Predators, but then purposely focused on giving them alot of "dirty jokes" and wisecracking lines.  Even Casey gets a character identifier as "sarcastic".  And no, I'm not convinced Casey gets to be kicking ass because she can take a spinal cord out of a dead hybrid.  I'm sure she'll also use her super intelligence as a biologist to figure out in a few days what scientists in the Stargazer program didn't in years.  (which I have to say is typical suspension of belief in these movies, but they keep piling on the OTT)

Then there's the kid which is my biggest beef.  While I only saw him described as boy genius, if the whole autistic element is true, then they are continuing to overuse the current trend of the last 5 years of characters with the TV interpretation of Asperger's.  You know the Sheldon's from Big Bang Theory.  Super smart beyond anyone's understanding but socially awkward to get the aww factor and legitmize being a genius. 

And while I'm actually okay and even interested in the idea that the Predators are experimenting with species DNA to make them stronger or creating hunting pets, if they are actually sucking DNA out of bodies and getting some instant Hulk effect, COME ON! 

There's changing for a better direction and then there's tossing every trope they can think of and upping it 200% to cover up a weak storyline.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 13, 2017, 09:22:23 PM
It's impossible because the predators don't hunt in this movie.The spinal cord ripping is only talked about by human characters.

You're right, they don't hunt - nonetheless spines are ripped, by Predators. They can do that without being on a hunt, because the Predators in the film are on Earth for a specific non-hunt purpose. And yes, spinal cord ripping is talked about a great deal.

QuoteI think you've got a phony draft.

You're wrong. Your friend is misinformed or misremembering.

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 13, 2017, 09:32:37 PM
And from everything I've learned so far especially from here, it's not being done right.  It's completely over the top and completely bastardizes the original formula by going 200% in every element

I disagree.

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 13, 2017, 09:32:37 PM
We got not one predator but another bigger advanced one who is covered from head to toe in impenetrable armor.

That's definitely never happened in a Predator movie before.

QuoteThey kept the group of military bad asses to fight the Predators, but then purposely focused on giving them alot of "dirty jokes" and wisecracking lines.

Also never happened in the original movie, at all. BTW, they still kick ass.

QuoteAnd no, I'm not convinced Casey gets to be kicking ass

Women are not allowed to kick ass?

QuoteThen there's the kid which is my biggest beef.  While I only saw him described as boy genius, if the whole autistic element is true, then they are continuing to overuse the current trend of the last 5 years of characters with the TV interpretation of Asperger's.  You know the Sheldon's from Big Bang Theory.  Super smart beyond anyone's understanding but socially awkward to get the aww factor and legitmize being a genius.

Autistic characters are not allowed. He's not Sheldon, BTW.

QuoteAnd while I'm actually okay and even interested in the idea that the Predators are experimenting with species DNA to make them stronger or creating hunting pets, if they are actually sucking DNA out of bodies and getting some instant Hulk effect, COME ON!

It's been a few since I checked it but I do not recall a Predator hulking out off a DNA smoothie as you describe.

paperhearts

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 09:36:35 PM

I disagree.

Well yeah, I got that.  lol

I'm just completely pessimistic after what I read.  And while I didn't read anything about spinal cords ripping, I did read the Predator (the good one) actually beheads a scientist, rips off his arm to use his fingerprints to exit the lab.    So the beginning of the movie sounds the most like a Predator movie....before they get to the suburbs.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 13, 2017, 09:40:18 PM
And while I didn't read anything about spinal cords ripping, I did read the Predator (the good one) actually beheads a scientist, rips off his arm to use his fingerprints to exit the lab.    So the beginning of the movie sounds the most like a Predator movie....before they get to the suburbs.

Then you know there is plenty more after that.

BTW, if you read pages but didn't get the finale, how do you know what Casey does or doesn't do? The act some posters are upset about happens near the very end.

BishopShouldGo

Lol you people got the "formula" in 2010 and didn't like it.

Quote from: greygoose on Apr 13, 2017, 09:22:02 PM
The hate is strong for this movie already - even before a trailer hits. This movie probably doesn't stand a chance with the fans but as mentioned it will cater towards the current generation of casual movie fans.

Lol 12 close minded fanboys on this website won't make a dent. 

paperhearts

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 13, 2017, 09:40:18 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 09:36:35 PM

I disagree.

Well yeah, I got that.  lol

I'm just completely pessimistic after what I read.  And while I didn't read anything about spinal cords ripping, I did read the Predator (the good one) actually beheads a scientist, rips off his arm to use his fingerprints to exit the lab.    So the beginning of the movie sounds the most like a Predator movie....before they get to the suburbs.

I saw Predators.  So I know there was a more advanced one before. But they specifically say this one is covered head to toe in impenetrable armor.  In Predators they weren't Iron Man clones.   And the crew in 87 Predator movie were funny.  Again, you missed the point I was making about taking the original elements and upping it 200% for this movie.

And WTF did I say women can't kick ass?  I want them to, I'm saying I don't believe she actually will.  You are misreading. 

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 13, 2017, 09:46:05 PM
And the crew in 87 Predator movie were funny.  Again, you missed the point I was making about taking the original elements and upping it 200% for this movie.

And I don't see what's wrong with upgrading (eyyy) the elements in 2018.

QuoteAnd WTF did I say women can't kick ass?  I want them to, I'm saying I don't believe she actually will.  You are misreading.

Believe it or not, it's happening.

Also: I still don't understand the logic that there can't possibly be spines ripped by Predators in this movie just because they're not on a hunt. What? Predators can rip out dudes' spines anytime they want. And they do, in this movie! Although technically, IIRC the first Predator who rips a spine out in this movie is on a specialized hunt, so...

paperhearts

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Apr 13, 2017, 09:43:22 PM
Lol you people got the "formula" in 2010 and didn't like it.

Quote from: greygoose on Apr 13, 2017, 09:22:02 PM

Lol 12 close minded fanboys on this website won't make a dent.

Well I liked Predators and am a RR fan along with being a big fan of the actors in it.  I'm no super fan but the information makes me want to watch this on Netflix, not go out and pay $25 for a movie ticket.  At least not until my area gets some quality theaters that serve alcohol. lol

SpeedyMaxx

Also: I would check what you read again. The upgraded Predator is not covered in impenetrable armor. The script makes a point of mentioning that. Its 'armor' is different.

Still curious how you know about Casey in the finale since IIRC, you said you did not have the pages for the ending.

paperhearts

Speedy, I don't know if you are purposely misreading or what.

But I said in that same paragraph you are quoting bit by bit that I don't mind changing it up.  As long as it's good.  And for me, just going full on cheese of elements isn't good.  There's a way to make Predators better, different, create a new direction for the franchise and I just don't think this is it.

I have no idea about if there are spines or not so that comment shouldn't be directed to me.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 13, 2017, 09:52:05 PM
But I said in that same paragraph you are quoting bit by bit that I don't mind changing it up.  As long as it's good.  And for me, just going full on cheese of elements isn't good.  There's a way to make Predators better, different, create a new direction for the franchise and I just don't think this is it.

That's fair enough, we can disagree. I'm just curious why you mentioned Casey ripping a spine out of something specific when that doesn't happen until the very end in pages you said you weren't privvy to in the script you were given. If it's just a guess or if you're going by what I said that's fair enough too (and also, the creature is not dead). And again: the upgraded Predator is not wearing impenetrable armor.

paperhearts

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 09:51:08 PM
Also: I would check what you read again. The upgraded Predator is not covered in impenetrable armor. The script makes a point of mentioning that. Its 'armor' is different.

Still curious how you know about Casey in the finale since IIRC, you said you did not have the pages for the ending.

Dude when did I say anything about Casey in the finale? I said I don't believe she is getting some big kick ass role as you described.     You are misrepresenting and misreading every sentence I posted so you can argue.  I'm not by the way.  Just posting how I disagree how great this movie is.... on speculation of what I read and what was posted here.  We good?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed