Alien: Uncivil War coming in 2024.

Started by felix, Oct 17, 2023, 04:49:56 AM

Author
Alien: Uncivil War coming in 2024. (Read 7,433 times)

felix

felix

Coming April 16th 2024.

https://bnccatalist.ca/ViewTitle.aspx?id=74668543

After narrowly escaping a Xenomorph attack and crash landing on the wrong planet, former military man Chris Temple just wants a peaceful life with his daughters. He just needs to deal with the brewing civil war and a Xenomorph on the loose.

War will always find a man like you.

This ALIEN story begins where most end: with a xenomorph loose on a damaged spaceship hurtling through space. Once a highly decorated marine, Chris Temple, a recently widowed single father to two young daughters, Jane, 11, and Emma, 8, is onboard. Despite his particular set of skills, Chris doesn't get involved in the fight with the alien, instead focusing on keeping his children safe as the ship comes in for a crash landing.

The family land safely on an idyllic outpost planet, where Chris is told that the ship has been destroyed beyond recognition and nothing could have survived the crash. That's only the first lie. Chris and his daughters love their new life, but something doesn't feel right. Chris is a paranoid type, but just because he's paranoid, doesn't mean he's wrong.

There are nasty surprises in store as Chris investigates the web of lies and conspiracies. After leaving a ruined Earth, it seems Chris and his daughters have crash-landed on a planet on the verge of all-out civil war. Chris will have to call on the battle skills he never wanted to use again in order to protect his daughters, deal with violence-hungry marines, and battle the xenomorph that's killing people regardless of which side of the civil war they're on.

SM

SM

Clunky title.

Retropocalypse

Nice find! Yeah, I'm not sure about the title, but it sounds interesting.

Wweyland

Is this a Young Adult novel? Plot and title seems generic.

Corporal Hicks

It's Titan so no YA. But the author is known for a "coming-of-age novel" according to his website.

https://www.brendandeneen.com/

xShadowFoxX

Not a big fan of the title. It loses its flow with "Uncivil".

Nightmare Asylum

Why not just call it "Civil War" and lean into the irony at that point?

Slutty Badger

Woah, they're really cranking these out, huh? Based on the recent slate of shit, I'm not optimistic.

Still Collating...

Finally something original! No previous characters or relatives! Agreed on the clumsy title, but I don't care too much about that. Knowing how the last novels have been, I'm not getting my hopes up. And since the last and only YA novel the series had was actually good at least for me, knowing he wrote coming of age stories might even be a plus for me. We'll see. Glad to see something new, but I'm not getting my hopes up on the quality, that needs to be proven again.

Slutty Badger

Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 17, 2023, 08:57:02 PMFinally something original! No previous characters or relatives!

I dunno. I have a feeling this novel is gonna include a guy who served Ripley an ice cream at some point.

xShadowFoxX

Maybe Chris is a distant cousin of ... Hicks.

jacobo1122

It Sounds interesting. It appears that there will be only one Xenomorph in this one. I would love that, we have plenty of stories with swarms of Xenos. Having just one should give Opportunity to build up its dangerous nature and strength.

Retropocalypse

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Oct 17, 2023, 09:03:44 PM
Quote from: Still Collating... on Oct 17, 2023, 08:57:02 PMFinally something original! No previous characters or relatives!

I dunno. I have a feeling this novel is gonna include a guy who served Ripley an ice cream at some point.
I LOL'd.

Corporal Hicks

I think whoever wrote the synopsis may have leaned too heavily into the Taken vibes with that description, but I'm certainly curious about picking up a narrative after an incident. Gives me Sacrifice vibes tbh. Not keen on the title (it does feel like a mouthful) but I'm definitely curious about this one!

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Oct 17, 2023, 09:03:44 PM

Hey, that's a story I think we all want to hear about. The story about the man who served Ripley an ice cream cone before the fated Nostromo run. And then he shows up 57 years later and serves Ripley another ice cream, feeling that he met her before but can't quite put his finger on it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed